MS Win Vista

Pro Member Trainee
FlatheadSmith Trainee

Does anyone have anything good and/or bad to say about the new Vista Windows Upgrade due out on 1-30-07 as it relates to FSX?!?#!*!?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
anonymouse91 Guest

Well, I have it now (well got it in Late November for beta testing) and FSX performs quite good on it. Apart from Aero being temporarily disabled because FSX doesn't support it at the moment (because of the non-standard window), it works fine.

Pro Member Trainee
FlatheadSmith Trainee

Thanks anonymouse91
I was wondering what to expect with the upgrade to Vista!
C Ya

Bob Ski Guest

I need to talk to someone about my account. I messed up and don’t remember the user name and or the password or it could be that the account I setup on Wednesday didn’t get activated yet. I just don’t know. Can someone e-mail me at

bobskisr.home@verizon.net

and tell me how to contact someone that can help without signing onto the site?

Thank you,

Bob Ski

Pro Member Trainee
ensorgumbs Trainee

Is there any performance increase in comparision with windows xp?

Pro Member Trainee
FlatheadSmith Trainee

Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor

Sorry, I don't know how to get the website on this Post, but here is a place that will SCAN your system and give you an update about Vista.
This is what is says:

Welcome to Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor
Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor will scan your computer to help you choose which edition of Windows Vista is right for you. It will also provide guidance about many of the advanced Windows Vista features your computer supports and compatibility of your existing software and devices with Windows Vista.
Note: Before you start the scan, plug in any devices that you regularly use with your computer, such as printers, scanners, or external hard drives.

Hope it helps!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
FlatheadSmith Trainee

Tailhook
Thanks Tailhook - u tha mon!

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

So far, on sveral different computers with Vista, I have noticed that you need at least 2Gb of memory to use FSX in a reasonable configuration. There are many tweaks with Vista, as well as FSX, and it will take a good deal of time to accomplish some reasonably accurate evaluations. The more input on the subject the better. But, it would help to set some standards set or there won't be a very helpful to evaluate

Pro Member Trainee
FlatheadSmith Trainee

Charlie10
You (in my opinion) are correct "you need at least 2Gb of memory to use FSX in a reasonable configuration". I did the graphic card upgrade and memory increase. Good Luck!

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

You mayfind also with Vista that you need new drivers (printer, etc.)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...