AI Aircraft sound in spot view

Cecco Guest

Hello all,

when I follow ai aircraft in spotview I can hear the engine sounds of other planes behind me and in front of me but all i hear from the actual aircraft I'm viewing is an idling sound. Same thing happens when I'm viewing the ai aircraft in the air, no increase thrust sound or decrease sound on approach or on take off.

Is this normal or am i missing something?

Thank you!

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Bob Ski Guest

I need to talk to someone about my account. I messed up and don’t remember the user name and or the password or it could be that the account I setup on Wednesday didn’t get activated yet. I just don’t know. Can someone e-mail me at

bobskisr.home@verizon.net

and tell me how to contact someone that can help without signing onto the site?

Thank you,

Bob Ski [/b]

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Cecco wrote:

Hello all,

when I follow ai aircraft in spotview I can hear the engine sounds of other planes behind me and in front of me but all i hear from the actual aircraft I'm viewing is an idling sound. Same thing happens when I'm viewing the ai aircraft in the air, no increase thrust sound or decrease sound on approach or on take off.

Is this normal or am i missing something?

Thank you!

The sound isn't that great in FS9, they improved it in FSX.
If your system can handle it turn it up more in the sims settings.

Radar

Thanks RadarMan!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Try this
Search Avsim and use the search feature and search fo "AI sounds under Flight Simulator 2004 - Miscellaneous Files
One of the 1st one sould be "ai_sound.zip"

File Description:
The file sound set change AI sound for the small jets, large jets, and turbo prop aircraft. I feel this gives the most realistic sound for taxing aircraft which even sounds good as well when AI aircraft are taking off and landing.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...