SearchSearch 

Concept Military Aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
Buttons11 Trainee

Greetings,
I have seen many places advertising "Concept Aircraft". However, as I run a Military VA, I don't need things that are for Commercial VA's. Most of my findings have been disappointing. I have checked with several dozen "Download" sites for aircraft. Even MoTiS is a disappointment as they haven't released anything but screen shots of their work, and from my stand point that's like a bully teasing a small child. Though the Motis designs are outstanding work, they have yet to relase 1/10th of their work.
So any help finding military concept aircraft will be appreciated.

5 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Buttons11 wrote:

Greetings,
I have seen many places advertising "Concept Aircraft". However, as I run a Military VA, I don't need things that are for Commercial VA's. Most of my findings have been disappointing. I have checked with several dozen "Download" sites for aircraft. Even MoTiS is a disappointment as they haven't released anything but screen shots of their work, and from my stand point that's like a bully teasing a small child. Though the Motis designs are outstanding work, they have yet to relase 1/10th of their work.
So any help finding military concept aircraft will be appreciated.

For miscellaneous aircraft you can try here. Go to the bottom left and click on next page there is a long list.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/69/fs2004-utilities-misc/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CAFedm Trainee

The design below (from yours truly) was released for FS2002/2004 but in very basic form. It is being heavily updated, including with a VC, and compatible with both FS2004 & FSX. A repaint kit will also be included.

I also came across a design called the F-136 (Orbital Interceptor??). That was an interesting offering. If you haven't checked it out, I would definitely recommend it.

Pro Member Trainee
Buttons11 Trainee

Now that is what I'm talking about. If you have a link to it's download let me know.

To the post previous, I have been to Simviation. Though they have some interesting aircraft, most of them lack the needed items to actually fly for a military VA. Thanks though for the thought.

EDIT: I think I should've delved into a little more detail. I'm running a Military VA (Duh), however, myself and many members have decided to stay out of current politic's. So, we jumped our actual "Time" forward to the year 2045. To give an example of what we are looking for in the way of concept aircraft is:
YF22 is like the current SR-71 Blackbird. It's old and out-dated. For us we need aircraft that is considered a concept now, but useful in the future.

Pro Member Trainee
CAFedm Trainee

The Finnish fighter pictured (it's actually Canuck) is in development right now. I do have the exterior complete except for some cockpit details that are going to be copied over from the VC, and of course that requires the VC be nearly complete as well. If used in FSX, the landing light does not operate as yet, this is one of the things that is proving nearly impossible to resolve (am working with FSDS3). In FS9 however, everything works as it should. Anyway, if interested, I can send over the aircraft as it is completed so far, for testing out - hopefully it meets the standards for 2045.

Brian

Pro Member Trainee
Buttons11 Trainee

CAFedm wrote:

The Finnish fighter pictured (it's actually Canuck) is in development right now. I do have the exterior complete except for some cockpit details that are going to be copied over from the VC, and of course that requires the VC be nearly complete as well. If used in FSX, the landing light does not operate as yet, this is one of the things that is proving nearly impossible to resolve (am working with FSDS3). In FS9 however, everything works as it should. Anyway, if interested, I can send over the aircraft as it is completed so far, for testing out - hopefully it meets the standards for 2045.

Brian

Most of the people in my VA are still using FS9, including me. I am very interested in seeing what you have done so far.