Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Boeing 747 wings

someone_wanting_info Guest

I am using the default Boeing 747, default textures, no files changed. The wings of the aircraft are demented. The flaps and Spoiler move according to the amount of lift and whatnot but the wings themselves stay motionless.

If anyone can help please help.

Thanks In Advance

P.S. How do i post screenshots from my hardrive??

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

someone_wanting_info wrote:

I am using the default Boeing 747, default textures, no files changed. The wings of the aircraft are demented. The flaps and Spoiler move according to the amount of lift and whatnot but the wings themselves stay motionless. If anyone can help please help. Thanks In Advance

The Flaps should only move when you activate them. Some aircraft use roll spoilers(located on the top of wing) to help turn the aircraft, the roll spoilers on the wing to the inside of the turn will extend to kill lift and assist wings downward movement. There is a small part of the system near the trailing edge but it's not part of the Flaps. The control surfaces located at the trailing edge of the wingtip are the ailerons and their movement is normal. If you're in a turn, all the above is normal. If you're in level flight and Flaps, spoilers are in motion, without your input(make sure the autopilot is off), You may have a controller problem that is sending erroneous commands to Flight Simulator. Calibrate/reinstall your controller. Smile

Wing flex is an addon but I don't think it's included in FSX.

Screen shots- Arrow https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11288/guide-to-upload-our-pics/#68640

someone_wanting_info wrote:

I am using the default Boeing 747, default textures, no files changed. The wings of the aircraft are demented. The flaps and Spoiler move according to the amount of lift and whatnot but the wings themselves stay motionless.

If anyone can help please help.

Thanks In Advance

I Have The same Problem which i sent a message to microsoft and this is what they told me

"I understand the issue that you have activated the advanced animations option and this causes the flaps to flex and the wings do not flex as if they are not attached to each other and this issue is only with Boeing 747."

"The video card NVIDIA FX 5500 has known issues with the game. Though the FX 5500 meets the minimum system requirement for the game there will be graphics distortions in the game such as:"

"1. Missing cockpit lights."

"2. Taxi way indicators have no text and appear as white or black blocks."

"3. Aircraft textures go missing from time to time and they flash on and off."

"4. Ground textures too are not detailed."

"Well, we have seen this issue with this specific video card and updating the drivers does not help."

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Wow, just when I think I've seen all of the FSX errors, more pop up. I'm sticking with FS9 until they issue a patch and I get a better computer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I see what you mean, Shocked that's a glitch in the program or a by-product of your system. I noticed that the paint scheme is very poorly rendered. I suspect that your system is working very hard and that the settings may be too high for your computer. What are your computers specifications? Try setting everything to LOW and turning of the fancy animations. Most computer can't handle FSX with even with 1/2 the available options on.