Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

How do I get the detail back in my aircraft?

Pro Member Trainee
krudman Trainee

Laughing

Hello ,

No matter where I place the slider in the settings, low detail to high detail, my aircraft looks the same.

The aircraft detail (paint and stripes) are blurry and undefined even if I move the aircraft settings up to very detailed.

When I first istalled FSX, the aircraft had lots of detail, but now no matter how I "tweak" the setings there is no detail.

How do I get my detailed aircraft back? All of my other settings are set low so I should have enouph space.

Wink

Pro Member Trainee
navyredman Trainee

krudman wrote:

Laughing

Hello ,

No matter where I place the slider in the settings, low detail to high detail, my aircraft looks the same.

The aircraft detail (paint and stripes) are blurry and undefined even if I move the aircraft settings up to very detailed.

When I first istalled FSX, the aircraft had lots of detail, but now no matter how I "tweak" the setings there is no detail.

How do I get my detailed aircraft back? All of my other settings are set low so I should have enouph space.

Wink

That same thing happened to me in the FS04. I could even un install and then re install and it still wouldn't fix it. Wish I had an answer for ya.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go into your cards setting and set the AA and AF higher, also the Mip Map if you have a setting for that.
If your system is good you'll only see a small FPS hit.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
gheib1 Trainee

Just want to make sure you are trying to adjust the general global textures slider and not messing with the aircraft details. Regardless of aircraft settings, the texture itself is controlled with general settings...that would be the first customize page for the graphics on the right side of that panel.