Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Where did my joystick go??

Pro Member First Officer
skypilot2 First Officer

I was gonna go for a cruise in a chopper this morning only to find that FSX is not picking up my joystick. It was there yesterday. When I look under settings, controller type, all thats there is the yoke and pedals. The joystick had always been there in the past. I did unplug and replug and did a reboot. No luck. Flying a helicopter with a yoke just doesn't do it for me. LOL What do you suppose happened?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm sure MS has something about that, I would just load the software again or go into the configuration panel of both the stick and the sim.

Radar

Help Guest

try going into the game controllers properties by going to the control panel then finding the icon. If the joystick is there go into flight sim x and during flight press ctrl+k to activate the controller. if it still doesnt work my guess is that its a problem with the software. try re-installing the joystick software

Pro Member First Officer
skypilot2 First Officer

Help wrote:

try going into the game controllers properties by going to the control panel then finding the icon. If the joystick is there go into flight sim x and during flight press ctrl+k to activate the controller. if it still doesnt work my guess is that its a problem with the software. try re-installing the joystick software

I reinstalled the joystick. Problem is still there. The icon is in the tray and it also shows up in the add and remove files. When I check the control panel as you have described, it only shows the pedals and yoke as being installed?
Wierd deal is it was working just fine a couple days ago..

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

skypilot2 wrote:

Help wrote:

I reinstalled the joystick. Problem is still there. The icon is in the tray and it also shows up in the add and remove files. When I check the control panel as you have described, it only shows the pedals and yoke as being installed?
Wierd deal is it was working just fine a couple days ago..

The yolk and pedals are CH is the joystick CH also, if not not should have it's own panel.
Is it a direct USB connection or are you using an adapter.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
skypilot2 First Officer

It is a direct usb connection with a microsoft sidewinder joystick. And yes the pedals and yoke are CH

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

skypilot2 wrote:

It is a direct usb connection with a microsoft sidewinder joystick. And yes the pedals and yoke are CH

Load the sidewainder profile software so yopu can confiure it in that.
I use a sidewinder also.
See if this is for yours.
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/17246

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
skypilot2 First Officer

Mine is the precision 2 4.0 version. I have lreloaded the software twice now. Actually when I get to the calibration page in the joystick software itself, the CH stuff is there too. ????????????