i am running fsx and vista

x pilot Guest

hi there guys,

i posted here not so long ago, i have fixed my pc problem,

this is what i am running fsx ddelux on

amd athlon 3500+, 2 gig ram with 250 meeg hard drive and geforce 7600 agp graphics card... new windows vista business verion (32bit) and it seems to be runing a hell of alot smother than on xp, even the graphics are better and its all smoother. i have been running it on this system for a few days now and i can pritty much max it out. i have not tweaked it much but i have a 100 per cent frame rate etc, trees and moving vechiles seem to slow it down, so...

save up for the 8800 gc and rock on, but it can be done

cheers

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thanks, it supposed to run better, glad to hear that it does.

Radar

x pilot Guest

sure no worries, vista will def help it... hopefully microsoft will make some patches etc for it so we can benifit!

any ideas on how to get a multiple product key so can play on more than 1 pc?

cheers

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

x pilot wrote:

sure no worries, vista will def help it... hopefully microsoft will make some patches etc for it so we can benifit!

any ideas on how to get a multiple product key so can play on more than 1 pc?

cheers

I think I read that that's a big NO with both Vista and FSX.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
gheib1 Trainee

The current driver support for vista isn't realiable at the moment as well there are plenty of bugs that need to worked out in a few patches...as for a true 3D gammer with decent setting almost all graphics cards are getting a 10-15% drop in performance and dual GPU systems are taking the most hit on alot of games because the proper support just ins't out yet...recommendation is waiting 6 month min before switching over...people need to read the reviews on the PC sites.

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

I am sorry to hear that you purchased the 32-bit version and have a 64-bit processor, but it is what it is. I too am glad to hear that Vista is working well for you. I am not ready to be the guinea pig yet for Vista as I was for XP. I am going to wait at least six months. I am afraid it will conflict with other PC games I am currently playing (NWN2) etc. I am certainly afraid of the security vulnerability. I saw an interview with Bill Gates yesterday morning talking about 5-million beta testers were used for Vista before the launch and that security is even better...blah,blah blah. If it's soo great then why did I have a security update just yesterday for my XP OS????

"No thank you on Vista for me for now."

Enjoy

x pilot Guest

the reason for the 32 bit version on a 64bit processor was because as far as i had read and been told by geeks who were running vista was compatability with drivers and such so hence the reason 32 bit as its ment to driver friendly, i had to install vista through the bios as coulnt not do it with the chipset driver...

i guess at the end of the of the day some of have to lab rats to find out what works and what does not so that we can share our infomation and enjoy flight sim to the best ability... do you agree?

Pro Member First Officer

I guess X, it's just the same old story everytime a new Microsoft OS comes out. I am tired of being the guinea pig. I had allot of problems with XP when it first came out. I remember the boot virus worm that everyone got and other security issues. I am just not ready for Vista and will wait for at least one Service Pack before buying. I prefer to not get bitten this time. I am glad to hear for future purposes that FSX runs better. I am curious if the load wait time improved too??? ❓

Thanks

AstroSteve

x pilot Guest

yes the loading time is alot better you can notice a difference. i have noticed in game play when changing views, say to spot plane the image of the plane is like a flouresent light for about a second and then graphics sort out. would you say graphics card setting in the nvidia control panel need tweaking to get rid of this? it also did this on xp, sometimes when you load a game it changes the screen resolution and you have to go back into display options to reset it back to your original setting.

wiered..

Pro Member First Officer

X- are you using 97.46 drivers? This is Nvida Forceware Vista driver is the latest to date. There is a x86 and a x64 version. Make sure you are using the correct one.

I should also make a note here for SLi owners that there are NO SLi supported drivers for Vista yet! This driver does not have SLi options in the control panel!

This is a big problem for WoW owners!

Anyway I believe it's a rendering issue in FSX, I would wait for another patch w/ FSX. I have seen this addressed on a few different sites.

Glad someone is having fun w/ Vista....boy you should see some of the SLizone forum talks about problems.

x pilot Guest

lol ya i know i have been reading them!

i have got a geforce 7600 agp graphics card, y ai i installed the vista 86 driver yesterday! i am sure that is the correct one for the version i am running!

there seem to be alot of issues with whos got the best pc, some sad faces as no one can max it out lol... we will get there.

whats the best frame rate\/ i tried moving the slider and i didnt really notice a difference.

anonymouse91 Guest

I've had Vista and FSX running for nearly two months and had no problems.

My specs are:
Windows Vista Ultimate x86
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
2GB DDR2 RAM
Integrated HD Audio
Geforce 7600GT 256MB

Everything was detected straight away, no driver disks needed. Also, FSX runs fine on it. I have it set at Medium High (still waiting for an 8800 to go to High) and experience no lag at all.

x pilot Guest

cheers for the info,

where i am lacking is having a AGP card and will have to upgrade again so i can get a PCi express mainboard to pump it up! as far as i am aware is the highest graphics card for a AGP slot is a geforce 7800?

any ideas with getting better performance without having to get a new main board etc?

cheers

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

astrosteve wrote:

I guess X, it's just the same old story everytime a new Microsoft OS comes out. I am tired of being the guinea pig. I had allot of problems with XP when it first came out. I remember the boot virus worm that everyone got and other security issues. I am just not ready for Vista and will wait for at least one Service Pack before buying. I prefer to not get bitten this time. I am glad to hear for future purposes that FSX runs better. I am curious if the load wait time improved too??? ❓

Thanks

AstroSteve

Well Astro, let's face it. No program or os is going to be released bug free. When Bill Gates said about Vista being more secure, he said more not 100% secure vs all. I do agree that if ya wanna wait then wait, but you can't really complain about it going to have many many issues before it's running smoothly. I'm sure any programmer would tell you the very same thing. I hear a lot of this with games, people complaining about the amount of bugs in them it's starting to get annoying. I mean what the hell are the expecting? And they would pull a company down with them just for a buggy game that was fixed?? Nah it really does suck. Anyway I wasn't really including you in that so hehe.. carry on 😀

~Sno0ze

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...