Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Lots of problems all of a sudden

newguyMark Guest

I got FSX for Christmas and it worked pretty good even though I have a "marginal" computer for this program.

Lately, when I start it up, the compass and pointer are missing! I have to close down the flight and go to settings and checkmark the box AGAIN! I'm not changing it and my wife doesn't touch the game.

Second. When flying the float plane run, when I announce my arrival by pushing #1 button, the screen changes to a picture of the radio and will not under any conditions switch back! I have to purposly crash and start over.

Lastly, when i'm done and push "esc" in NEVER does escape! I have to push and HOLD it for about a minute before it will FINALLY shut down and go back to the main selection screen.

Getting real bummed with all of this since this game is soooooo much fun WHEN it does actually work! LOL I know I need a much fast system but FS set itself up and it does work ok.

Any thought????? Please?

Thanks.
Mark

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

WOW????? You did'nt by chance install Windows Vista did you ???? Laughing

All jokes aside, I would save your missions and do a complete reinstall of FSX. Make sure you change the directory a little bit too so that the registry won't possiblly pick up the bug again.

Good Luck

AstroSteve

I can't press escape either I have to push Alt + F4. And I think to get the mission pointer you have to press K.

newguyMark Guest

Thanks Steve...I was afraid someone would say that! LOL With two DVD's for install disks, it took a while to load it up. Wish I had the money to get a real gaming system so I could see how well it works. I think MS made this program so big so all us suckers would go out and buy new systems!

Oh yea, NO Vista on this machine! Maybe in a few years after they get done fixing it.

Mark

Pro Member First Officer

Mark what are the specs of your PC? Do you know if you have a PCIE16x slot or an older AGP slot for graphics. Question

PS: You may have to call MS when you register again after the install, I did. It's no big deal, but they know you installed it more than once.

AstroSteve

newguyMark Guest

Steve, I have to plead stupid on my PC. It's an older HP 513n and I was told it has a built in sound card. Kinda shoots down any "good" upgrades. I may re-install it and try again. Just so much going on right now I was hoping for a relaxing flight but am now faced with it freezing/messing up all the time. Oh well, time to make some dinner. I'll post back when I figure it out incase someone else has the same problems.

Mark

Pro Member First Officer

It looks like according to HP's website that you have a Celeron 1.8Ghz cpu and comes wtih 256mb of Ram. The system supports up to 2GB though. You need to open the door on the case and find out if it has an AGP slot. Do you know if you have a vid card or using the onboard Intel graphics??? I would recommend buying a new PC. For the cost of you upgrading the memory and Video Card you could almost probably buy this......

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16883103031

You can then work your way into a nice PCIE16x based video card. But for this money you get dual-core cpu and 2gb of Ram right off the bat. This is allot of PC for the money. I have owned one of these (son's computer) for a few months and it's amazing the power to cost ratio.

I have purchased from this company for year's with great experiences.

*I am in no way affilatted with this company. Just offering a recommendation.

Take Care

AstroSteve