Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

need some expert suggestions

Pro Member Trainee
djcevera Trainee

im currently running fs2004 with all bars maxed autogen is in the dense region but the rest is maxed. i have fs2crew+fspassengers+radar contact v4. my fram rate is set to 20 and im getting 19.6 solid with no hic ups. so my question is should i upgrade to fsx.

my system consits of:

foxcon mobo
amd athlon 64 3200
2gb ram
intergrated nvidia geforce 6100

think its worth it to uninstall fs9 and install fsx what type of performance do you think i will get.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I would stick with FS9 for now, your system would have a hard time with FSX.

Pro Member Trainee
djcevera Trainee

thanks for the tip it saved me alot of time uninstalling and reinstalling

Not true what crj captain said. I have that exact same set up and I run on Medium High settings fine with no problems.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Oh well, I stand corrected. He (guest) has the exact set up and it runs well for him. I don't see how but hey I don't know.

Pro Member Trainee
djcevera Trainee

ok how bout this question. if i uninstall fs9 only will i be able to reinstall fs9 and still be able to use fspassengers and fscrew and radar contact without anyproblems or will uninstalling and reinstalling of fs9 mess everything up?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

djcevera wrote:

ok how bout this question. if i uninstall fs9 only will i be able to reinstall fs9 and still be able to use fspassengers and fscrew and radar contact without anyproblems or will uninstalling and reinstalling of fs9 mess everything up?

I'm not sure, I've never reinstalled FS9 with dependent programs installed. Dont Know

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

It sounds like you have a lot of xtras with fs9 and you are happy with the way it runs. My guess is that if you ran fsx you would not be happy with the performance plus you might miss your addons. I know for sure you need a different version of radar contact and the other ones i'd say probably. Whether or not theres a free/cheap upgrade I dunno. If you are only getting 19fps with fs9 you are going to do much worse with fsx.

djcevera wrote:

im currently running fs2004 with all bars maxed autogen is in the dense region but the rest is maxed. i have fs2crew+fspassengers+radar contact v4. my fram rate is set to 20 and im getting 19.6 solid with no hic ups. so my question is should i upgrade to fsx.

my system consits of:

foxcon mobo
amd athlon 64 3200
2gb ram
intergrated nvidia geforce 6100

think its worth it to uninstall fs9 and install fsx what type of performance do you think i will get.

Maybe a new Grafixs card and processor Wink

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Got the hardrive room for both FS9 amd FSX?

I have both loaded and switch back and forth. Can run FS9 at very dense generics, FSX at dense. I like FS9 better, cause I fly the J-3 cub at 700ft sight seeing and taxi is a lot more challenging without a joy stick.

x pilot Guest

i think you are better off with fs9 maxed out and running smoothly with your add ons, i thik if you ran fsx on that system you might be dissapointed, some people might say other but i reckon stay with what you have for the time being

cheers

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

I run both fs9 and fsx on the same driveI use fs9 for long haul flights with concorde , b767,b737 add ons. And when i get there i go sight seeing with FSX using light aircraft.

Even with the setting set to medium i still like FSX better then FS9.

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

I've had good experience with FSX with only 1Gb of RAM. But each computer is different. So many variables - I have to tweak FSX to the computer I'm running it on.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

From what I see, you computer is going to need a major up grade to run FSX at FS9s settings.