Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Flight Instructor Utility

flymanrw
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:52 pm 

I am trying to use the instructor utility (the instructors station) and I can not find the software anywhere on my computer, not even on my start menu.

Do you have to download it from somewhere or is it suposed to come with flight simulator 2004 software?
CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:08 pm 

flymanrw wrote:
I am trying to use the instructor utility (the instructors station) and I can not find the software anywhere on my computer, not even on my start menu. Do you have to download it from somewhere or is it suposed to come with flight simulator 2004 software?

Using the Flight Instructor Utility
As an instructor or student, you can connect with another computer using Flight Instructor. An instructor can set aircraft systems to fail, and set weather for a student who is flying on another computer. As the flight progresses, Flight Instructor allows the instructor to monitor the student's progress, skill, and engine status. The instructor and student can both pause the flight, and they can chat at any time.

You can also use Flight Instructor to act as an air traffic controller for another pilot. The map acts like a radar screen (although it doesn't look like a radar screen) in that the instructor can see the student aircraft position. The instructor can set instrument flying weather conditions and then vector the student for approaches. Use the built-in chat utility or call the student on the phone to issue vectors. The instructor's computer and the student's computer can connect through the Internet or over a network.

Note: Flight Instructor is a separate application that can be installed when you run Flight Simulator setup. The Flight Instructor is launched from a separate desktop icon.

Within FS9, Go to The Learning Center, Index, F, Flight instructor. It will explain how to set it up. Smile
flymanrw
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:14 pm 

Ya I browsed throught the learning center and it says it is launched from a separate desktop icon, but I never have had any separate icon for it.

Have you ever used it or seen an icon for it?
CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:51 pm 

No, I don't use it. I believe that you have to install it from the Flight Simulator disks. Try putting disk one in like you're going to install FS and you should be given the option to install Flight Instructor utility.

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:27 am 

Dear all,

FS2004 Instructor utility: Click Start - Programs - Microsoft games - Microsoft simulator 2004 or FS9 - select flight instructor and right click - send to desktop as icon that's it

Ramesh - INDIA
C337Skymaster

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:03 am 

Does anyone know if this same Instructor feature or one nearly identical to it is available in FSX? Or is there any way of accessing it from there?

I have and love FS2004, but my Civil Air Patrol squadron is insistent on the "latest and greatest" and is setting themselves up with FSX on all their simulators, but I haven't seen anything that looks like this option, yet, and I'd love to be able to use it to monitor the cadets simulations.

Thanks for all your help!

Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum