SearchSearch 

New Upgrade, feedback please

Pro Member Trainee
ThePatriot76 Trainee

Well my other gear gave out (I'll use it to create a back up for the wife) and I needed an new MB so I thought I would upgrade. I know there are much better stuff out there but what should I expect from FSX with the following?

Motherboard: ASUS M2V-MX
CPU: AM2 AMD Athlon 64X24200+
Memory: 1G STT DDR2-667 64x8Micron
VID: ASUS GeForce 7600GT 256mb DDR3 PCI Express
PWS: HIPRO True 400w
Sound: SB Gamer (Kept the same card)
HDD: WDJB 80g 7200rpm (Same HDD)
Same Optical: Lite-On 52x24x52 (2 drives)

I don't have time to load FSX tonight so I'll see tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has similar specs.?

BTW, I copy all files to HDD with an older DVD drive then pull it out, I'll get eventually though. That's why I didn't mention it.
Thanks for any and all comments.

5 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

for 30-40 bucks more, you can be looking at a 7900GS instead of the 7600GT.

mdaskalos

Pro Member Trainee
ThePatriot76 Trainee

Had to buy it local, my wife had a final exam tonight and all I had were AGP cards. I'll upgrade soon but I needed to get up and running.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If your going to run Vista you'll need another 2 gig of ram.
Get a 750w power supply so that everything can run at it maximum.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

look at my Sig, Thoes are my specs.

FSX Eat's up the Processor like it hasn't eatenfor a week.

I have "Scenery" settings on Default and traffic settings about mid point, I think the scenery looks alright but the bestthing is, I'm locked at 33FPS and i'm getting 18 -> 25fps

😀

Last edited by Dan Young (dannyboy2005) on Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
ThePatriot76 Trainee

Got it loaded,
With the Beech King sitting on deck at NAS Oceans FPS set to unlimited and all in-game sliders maxed, 1280x1024 res. (Video Card) AS 2Q and AA 4x I get about 16-18 as I go down the runway it never falls below 12 and really doesn't stutter at all. I'll tweak to get the max out of it but I'm pretty happy.