Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Grumman F-14B Tomcat - gauges don't show up - help!

Pro Member Trainee
Goldenvoice Trainee

I downloaded from https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/728/fs2004-grumman-f-14b-tomcat/ . Installed. Everything seems to work, except I can't seem to get any guages. I installed them, just like I have with any other plane, but?

Am I missing something? A switch?

Missing a file?

Help, Thanks, Joe

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Goldenvoice wrote:

I downloaded from https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/728/fs2004-grumman-f-14b-tomcat/ . Installed. Everything seems to work, except I can't seem to get any guages. I installed them, just like I have with any other plane, but?

Missing a file?

Help, Thanks, Joe

Take the contents of the gauge folder and put them into the main gauge folder.
Always check the read-me that comes with the download.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Goldenvoice Trainee

I did. Now I've gone back, and did it again - overwrote the files, etc.

Still no guages...

I haven't had this problem before, and so I'm quite miffed!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Goldenvoice wrote:

I did. Now I've gone back, and did it again - overwrote the files, etc.

Still no guages...

I haven't had this problem before, and so I'm quite miffed!

Odd, I used to fly that one in FS9, I don't have it installed since FSX so I can't try it for you.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Gilanshah Trainee

Having precisely the same problem here. I've copied and pasted all the contents in the guages folder over to FS9 main folder to no avail.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Goldenvoice wrote:

Missing a file?

Help, Thanks, Joe

Is this file supposed to include a Radar Gauge?

I just went thru this today. After extracting/unzipping everything to your aircraft folder, you need to open up the "gauges" folder. There, you will see 3 sub-folders; "rcb-gauges", "Tomcat" and "TomcatVC". You need to copy the 3 sub-folders themseves (not just the contents) to the gauges folder. I know this unusual, but I couldn't get it to work either until I did this. BTW, this is one sweet plane! The afterburner and contrail effects are awesome! Very Happy

Anonymous wrote:

I just went thru this today. After extracting/unzipping everything to your aircraft folder, you need to open up the "gauges" folder. There, you will see 3 sub-folders; "rcb-gauges", "Tomcat" and "TomcatVC". You need to copy the 3 sub-folders themseves (not just the contents) to the gauges folder. I know this unusual, but I couldn't get it to work either until I did this. BTW, this is one sweet plane! The afterburner and contrail effects are awesome! Very Happy

When I said copy these 3 sub-folders to the "gauges" folder, I meant the main FS9 gauges folder of course! Wink Don't forget to copy the effects into the main FS9 effects folder too (the usual way....I didn't have to include the whole effects folder itself here).

Pro Member Trainee
Gilanshah Trainee

PERFECT! That did the trick. Guages in, flying high.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

B.

Gilanshah wrote:

PERFECT! That did the trick. Guages in, flying high.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

B.

Glad to help! Enjoy! Wink