Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

a few questions

Pro Member Trainee
hoelmkjaer Trainee

Hey all...

I'm having a few questions about FSX (ohh wauw, surprise!!!)
First of all... I'm getting more and more of a need for that menu bar in the top of the window when I'm flying, but when I right click on the screen the "Hide menu bar" is checked and the "Can't be changed" grey color... Does anyone know where I can change that? I had it working once, but I don't know what I did Laughing

Second... I'm not really "new" to flying, tho I haven't been playing FS for long. But I'd really like to start at a gate or parking spot with the engines turned off when I start the game... Not at the end of the runway with the engines running and the aircraft almost ready for takeoff... How do I do that?

Third... I'm trying to make my own aircraft (yeah right, but hey, gotta start if you want to make some...), but... When I've installed the SDK and the patch and start up FSX, nothing happens... I'm completely new to SDK's so I don't really know if I can open it in Gmax or FSX, but it shows up nowhere...

That's it for now, heh... And yes, I'm quite a noob, don't start teasing me about that Wink

Thanks Very Happy

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

ok i think i can answer a few of your questions. number 1, if you are talking the menu that you get to by pressing the alt button then u can hide it by just holding alt until it goes away. number 2, all i know is how to start at a gate and you can do that by when you are slecting your airport at the bottom of the screen it says something like sarting point or something and you change it from active runway from the gate you want to start from. number 3, i dont know how sry. Very Happy

Pro Member Trainee
hoelmkjaer Trainee

Okay, thanks for answering mate Very Happy
Got the menu bar working, but the start location doesn't have anything with gates... It's either active runway or some numbers... Are they the gates? Not sure 'cos I only tried one place without a real airport and I just started a little behind the runway...

Last edited by hoelmkjaer on Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

im sry i still dont really know what you r talking about but if it the atc then you press ` or the ~ sign next to the number 1????????

Pro Member Trainee
hoelmkjaer Trainee

Oh, sorry dude, I misunderstood something, got it working now Very Happy (edited my second post)

Pro Member Trainee
hoelmkjaer Trainee

okay, forget my last two posts... Got #1 working and some of #2... But the engines are still running when I start...

Oh, and I got a new question, how do I call for the ground teams? I found out how to open the main doors and the cargo doors, but not how to call the ground teams... Also... When I wish to push back from the parking spot, how do I call that?

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

i just know a few controls but if you go to the kneeboard and then go to the key commands and scroll down until you get to the general commands or something like that it has all the keys. and to get a pushback you press shift+p and also to turn off your engines i think you press ctrl+e Very Happy

Pro Member Trainee
hoelmkjaer Trainee

so there's no way to start with the engines off? Confused I can't even get the ctrl+s to work... I mean, should be possible to turn 'em off, but I can't even do that when at the runway or anything... -.-

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
hoelmkjaer Trainee

thanks RadarMan, you always seem to have a solution for everything Very Happy

Pro Member Trainee
hoelmkjaer Trainee

Okay, just being really newbie here... I borrowed sisters screen for the purpose of playing fsx in dual screen... But I can't get that to work either... Tried on google but found nothing really helpful... Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

hoelmkjaer wrote:

Okay, just being really newbie here... I borrowed sisters screen for the purpose of playing fsx in dual screen... But I can't get that to work either... Tried on google but found nothing really helpful... Embarassed

See if this or the others links on the page help.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3807/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
hoelmkjaer Trainee

I got some of it working... Found out to how to get the some views on the other screen, but didn't work out how to make them act like 1 wide screen?

Pro Member Trainee
hoelmkjaer Trainee

so... no one knows? Confused

Pro Member Trainee
hoelmkjaer Trainee

ok, I figured it out Laughing