Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FS2004 Setup 300-400 Tower only.

Neonice200 Guest

Hey nice forum ive looked through some older posts and seen similar posts but id like an up 2 date answer please. Im looking at getting a computer for flight simulator 2004 and wasnt sure what computer id need for it to look good. Im also unsure about if an intergrated graphics solution would be ok as this would keep the price down. Would be purchasing in the uk so any recommendation would be nice. I only need a tower so i think 300 should be enough but could stretch to 400.

All help appriciated.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I'm no computer expert but I would get a computer with a dedicated video card(512 MB), minimum of 2 GB of RAM and the fastest processor that your budget will allow. It's hard to specify an exact minimum because in 2-3 years or less, you'll want/need more. Get the fastest/ most of what you can afford. 🙂

Davidicus Guest

I know that dedicated graphics are a ripoff because my laptop has got it. Dedicated Graphics is when the graphics card uses a portion the PC's RAM as its own. This is not good because it decreases the overall performance of your PC and If you havn't got a lot of RAM (256MB) and for some reason you buy a Dedicated Graphics Card with 512MB, you're stuffed. So say you bought a computer 500 which had 512MB RAM and a 256MB dedicated graphics card, your PC would only really be running on 256MB. Whereas if you get a proper graphics card (graphics card=256MB and Memory 512MB RAM) and spend the extra 50 - 100 on buying the better PC, your PC would have a decent amount of memory (512RAM) to run on which is sufficient for most games today but I would recommend 1024MB RAM just for the future.

ALWAYS REMEMBER THE GOLDEN RULE FOR BUYING A PC: GET THE BEST YOU CAN AFFORD!

hope this information helps, 😀

Davidicus Guest

Davidicus wrote:

I know that dedicated graphics are a ripoff because my laptop has got it. Dedicated Graphics is when the graphics card uses a portion the PC's RAM as its own. This is not good because it decreases the overall performance of your PC and If you havn't got a lot of RAM (256MB) and for some reason you buy a Dedicated Graphics Card with 512MB, you're stuffed. So say you bought a computer 500 which had 512MB RAM and a 256MB dedicated graphics card, your PC would only really be running on 256MB. Whereas if you get a proper graphics card (graphics card=256MB and Memory 512MB RAM) and spend the extra 50 - 100 on buying the better PC, your PC would have a decent amount of memory (512RAM) to run on which is sufficient for most games today but I would recommend 1024MB RAM just for the future.

ALWAYS REMEMBER THE GOLDEN RULE FOR BUYING A PC: GET THE BEST YOU CAN AFFORD!

hope this information helps, 😀

I think I may have made a mistake - when I say dedicated graphics I mean Shared Graphics - oops I'm sorry if i have or haven't.