SearchSearch 

Runaway trim

Pro Member Trainee
Falconfixer Trainee

Has anyone had problems with runaway nose trim? I'm flying FS aircraft and have used two different joysticks. I'm not in A/P....just trying to trim up the aircraft. It doesn't happen all the time but it sure is scary when it does runaway and you're trying to trim for landing!!

7 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Which aircraft are you flying?

Pro Member Trainee
Falconfixer Trainee

I'm flying the Cessna 172, the Beech Baron 58 & the Bombardier Learjet.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for being more specific, it sure narrows things down.

I personally don't fly any of those so I won't even begin to guess - on the other hand, a few of the members here seem to fly exclusively the aircraft you've mentioned, I'm sure someone will come along shortly. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Sounds like you have the Autopilot enabled and its trying to maintain an altitude set in the MCP via trim.

Make sure you have disengaged all lights on the AP and then watch the stab trim indicator. If it still moves around without your telling it to, come back.

Good luck 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Falconfixer Trainee

Nope, I'm not in auto-pilot. Like I said, it does it occasionally when I'm trying to trim up the aircraft for cruise or when I'm trimming for landing. I'm flying the above mentioned aircraft clean, out of the FS box. I even tried changing the stick sensitivity thinking it was overeacting to input.

Bartfs Guest

Do you mean you can pitch up the nose for landing?

If it is..
I always got some trouble with it with Airbus A320's 😞

Pro Member Trainee
Falconfixer Trainee

No;, when I'm trying to trim up or down for level flt