SearchSearch 

Will this work

Fallguy Guest

Hello people,

I am an avid simmer but I am in no way a computer buff, so I was hoping you could tell me if the following specs will run FSX

AMD 64 X2 5200+ 2.6ghz
Windows Vista Ultimate
2048 GB DDR2 800mhz
ASUS GEFORCE EN8800 512GTS 640MB DX10 graphics
200 SATA Hard Disk

Thanks

7 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Fallguy wrote:

Hello people,

I am an avid simmer but I am in no way a computer buff, so I was hoping you could tell me if the following specs will run FSX

AMD 64 X2 5200+ 2.6ghz
Windows Vista Ultimate
2048 GB DDR2 800mhz
ASUS GEFORCE EN8800 512GTS 640MB DX10 graphics
200 SATA Hard Disk

Thanks

It will and very nice also.
You might think about 1 or 2 more gigs of ram.
Vista is using 1 or more so the more you have for FSX the better off you are.
I have 4 gigs.

Radar

Davidicus Guest

4096MB RAM is silly, you won't be able to notice a difference after 2048MB RAM, seriously Fallguy, your system is already extreme! You don't need to upgrade unless you are really going to design a game or edit complex things. If you do upgrade to 4096MB RAM it will probaly not be out of date until somthing like 2017! I think your system is already amazingly fast and does not need upgrading. 😀

Oh and Radarman I think you need to downgrade lol, 4096MB RAM is the absoloute dogs bollocks

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I bought my present computer Dec. 2004. I had them put in 1 GB of RAM when everyone else was buying 512 MB. Friends said " You don't need that much RAM", I need more today.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

4096MB RAM is the absoloute dogs bollocks

Not necessarily. Vista alone, just idling at the desktop, uses 700MB of RAM on my system, and so even with the reccomended 1GB, you wont get far. If 256mb was reccomended for XP, and people were running about 2GB when Vista came out, that means that people should have atleast 10GB of RAM before the next Windows OS is due. 😳

Davidicus Guest

Friends said " You don't need that much RAM", I need more today.

Well I got a PC mid 2003 which I'm still using 1024MB RAM, 3.2GHZ, 128MB Graphics Card and a 320GB hard drive, no one said to me that was too powerful. The only thing I'm thinking about changing is the RAM and Graphics and why is this. Because of Windows Vista, apart from that I am very happy with the way my PC copes with today's games. Now you may say that I need a lot more RAM (4GB RAM) but if Vista, which I have purchased today, only runs on 700MB and the most asking game (That I've seen in the UK) only needs 1GB RAM then that leads me to suggest that I only really need 2GB RAM.

Right so Radarman has 4GB RAM, I bet his PC runs well with everything, but no games that I have seen ask for that much and I think my point is made. Im not saying Radarman is silly to have 4GB RAM, I just think that he is a little bit ahead of time.

Davidicus Guest

To be honest im not sure about the Processor being dual core means yes it can work faster but it doesn't mean that the games that will ask for 3GHZ will work, I've got a laptop using a 1.66GHZ dual core and I can't play games that ask 1.8GHZ, even so I think you can download this software that will tell the game not to look for the spec. 😉

Davidicus wrote:

games that will ask for 3GHZ will work

type error

correction: games that will ask for 3GHZ will not work