Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

RAF Hawk

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

A few shots of an RAF Hawk from RAF St Athan to RAF Valley!

Starting up

Taxi

Cleared to go

Gear up

Passing Cardiff INTL to starboard

Messing about

Landing at Raf Valley

Shutting down

Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Great shots Welshflyer Very Happy The one you call Messing about displays my favourite "Ready to pounce" attitude. Where'd you get the Hawk from?

If you're a RAF buff, you should read sonicninja's posts Arrow

Sadly he had to leave us because the ongoing costs of his wife's plastic surgeries on top of the costs of sim add-ons became too much of a financial burden... or so the story goes. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Sonicninja had the greatest sense of humour - his posts should be published as a book!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks for your kind comments Tailhook, the Hawk is the "Bae Systems Hawk LIFT" by Dsb design (David Brice/Iris) that came on a disc with PC Pilot magazine. I've just had a quick check and there seem to be a few at flightsim, i think it used to be payware but is now freeware Very Happy . Sorry to hear that about sonicninja, i've had a look at some of his posts and will certainly be looking at a few more, thanks for the tip!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Thanks for your kind comments Tailhook, the Hawk is the "Bae Systems Hawk LIFT" by Dsb design (David Brice/Iris) that came on a disc with PC Pilot magazine. I've just had a quick check and there seem to be a few at flightsim, i think it used to be payware but is now freeware Very Happy . Sorry to hear that about sonicninja, i've had a look at some of his posts and will certainly be looking at a few more, thanks for the tip!

Aaah... thanks for that Welshflyer! I remember a whole bunch of Iris fighters being turned into freeware last year -- I downloaded half a dozen at the time but never got around to install any of them.

Just found the page at avsim again Arrow http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=DSB+Design%2C+David+Brice&CatID=root

You might be interested in Christoffer Petersen's contribution in case you haven't seen it yet Arrow http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=iris&CatID=fs2004ac&Go=Search

Read

Very Happy Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks for the link Tailhook i may just have to download one or two of them! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What the heck - gotta squeeze this one in:

In case you're unfamiliar with Christoffer Petersen's soundsets, they're up there with the best Arrow http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Christoffer+Petersen&CatID=fs2004snds

Had to mention this because he made some good ones for jet fighters and other hard to find soundsets such as the C-5 Galaxy and the Tu-154.

See ya Big Grin

Pro Member Captain
Steve (SpiderWings) Captain

good work as always Welsh!