SearchSearch 

Problems installing flight sim x

Pro Member Trainee
rats200 Trainee

Dear members, I have been using this site for a while now with fs2004 and have found it most useful. I have just bought flight sim x deluxe and am so desperate to have a look at how good cutting edge flight simming is but my hopes have been dashed at the first hurdle.

when I went to install the first time it prepared to install but came up with a message saying that the dvd drive was not a valid win32 application. I then proceeded to try again. It started to run the install wizard but then came up with "contact your vendor about the validity of the windows installer package microsft flight simulator x.ms". It has done this evertime since now. Just wondering if anybody has had similar encounters? It worries me that my dvd rom only reads at 8x speed but i don't think thats an issue. I'm also sure this is a genuine product as I had the security sticker down the seam.

I'm very sorry if this has been discussed in the past but i can not find any threads to match this problem. Many thanks for taking an interest 😀

3 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
rats200 Trainee

Thankyou for the reply, I went ahead with your suggestion and when tring to install it now says windows can not access setup.exe. Starting to get frustrated with windows support as they want a product identification number to e mail them. I cant find this anywhere. If its on the game I cant get to it cause I cant install it. Surely it shouldn't be this difficult!!!! Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Update the driver for your DVD drive. Update Windows and ensure that you have the latest video card driver for your card. Ensure that you have Direct X 9.0c. 🙂