Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

level-d vatsim question

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

hey guys, hope i find you all well,

just wondering, i've been flying on vatsim for a while now, but i've got this one burning question.

i've got the PMDG vatsim thing down to a science, but anyone with the level-d:

let's say you've been assigned to fly a certain heading, and atc tells you to resume your own nav, how do you get the level-d off of heading select and back onto LNAV without completely disconnecting the autopilot? if any of you level-d fans know what i mean, lemme know. thanks!

NSX Guest

Uhm, I fly the Level-D for some time now, and just a click on the LNAV button makes it switch to that mode, and the heading hold light dis-appears.
Simple as that....

btw, only with flight director on that is.

Cheers and have a nice weekend of flying, NSX

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

pilatflyr wrote:

hey guys, hope i find you all well,

just wondering, i've been flying on vatsim for a while now, but i've got this one burning question.

i've got the PMDG vatsim thing down to a science, but anyone with the level-d:

let's say you've been assigned to fly a certain heading, and atc tells you to resume your own nav, how do you get the level-d off of heading select and back onto LNAV without completely disconnecting the autopilot? if any of you level-d fans know what i mean, lemme know. thanks!

Most probably, you are not on an intercept course to the course programmed into the FMC.

While in HDG SEL mode, go to the FMC.
Go to the LEGS Page, and press the LSK of the waypoint you want to fly to.
Press the 1L LSK to move that waypoint to the top of the LEGS page.
Now press LNAV on the MCP, and voilá, this beauty will fly to the waypoint you want to go to.

Good luck!

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

thanks guys, flight was fun, and the flight went fine 😀