Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Annoying!

hey all,

Every time i load up and play fsx and play free flight when i set up the location (at a gate) and my destination when its all loaded, with the thrusters at idle it always moves forward even with the breaks.

is it possible to start a game with engines off so it doesn't move lol?

fiby

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

Yes. Go here,: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1345/fsx-cold-and-dark-cockpit-mod/ (you may need to signup for free) download it and follow the instructions. It will make every flight made from the 'Free Flight' section have all electronics switched off and fuel tanks empty. Remember to create a backup of the file you replace incase it goes wrong.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I would also check your controller sensitives, sounds like you have more thrust than commanded at idle. Set throttle sensitivity to 100% of travel with Null zone 10% of travel or less.

Pro Member First Officer
William A. Jones (waj2306) First Officer

I asked this a while back and recieved a great fix:

When you complete your last flight, place the Parking Brakes ON (Ctlt + .)
Shut down all engines.
Exit the flight.

The next time you fly (regardless of jet aircraft) you should be at the gate (or wherever you choose to start) cold and dark. All you should do is hit Ctlt + E to start all engines. Switch on all electrics, and your off!

For me, no matter what jet I load, it works for. I have not tried it with the Props!

Good luck!

Pro Member First Officer
William A. Jones (waj2306) First Officer

I almost forgot to tell ya! Claa for FUEL (they need it to fly). Just Hit Shift + F, and in the upper left of your screen will be a message saying what number you are for fueling and that the fuel truck is on its way. It may take a few minutes depending on the size of the Airport your at. I fly out of Phill Inter. and it takes about 3 minutes to show up.