Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Questions Auto Brakes and Jetway!

Pro Member First Officer
William A. Jones (waj2306) First Officer

1. On the Auto Brake Switch, I understand why/how to set them. However, what engages the Autobrakes? Is it when I hit the Brake trigger on the Joystick unpon touchdown? Or, do they automatically engage when the landing gears touch down?

2. When I choose a Gate in Free Flight, it does not show which gate has a jetway. I usually back out of the gate I'm in and move to one that shows a Jetway. My Question is: Is there a way to FIND a gate with a Jetway BEFORE I load the gate in Free Flight?

Side Note: The Fuel request, Jetway and Doors work PERFECTLY on my 747, 737, CRJ and Lear 45! It is a beautiful Thing!!!!!

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Your large or heavy gates contains the jetway, but you have to fly from some major international airports. I usually fly from KBWI and KSEA they have the gates that can be operated with CTRL-J.

As for the AutoBrake.....I thought that it was for the airbrakes...... 😕

Pro Member First Officer
William A. Jones (waj2306) First Officer

So far, it has been hit and miss gates at International arrivals. I fly out of PHL and use Gate A5, a Jetwat Gate.

As for the AutoBrake, On the 747 and 737 Panels, there is a switch that is marked AUTOBRAKE, with positions RTO-OFF-1-2-3-MAX.

x pilot Guest

auto brake 1 2 3 is for amount of auto brake you wish to applied when landing, ie if you going to land on a short strip then set auto brake to 3 and when the wheels touch the brakes will apply sharply automatically to help slow the plane,

RTO is set for take off, if on your take off run and you decide to abort the take off for what ever reason, RTO will help to slow the plane again...[/img][/list]

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

GundamWZero wrote:

Your large or heavy gates contains the jetway, but you have to fly from some major international airports. I usually fly from KBWI and KSEA they have the gates that can be operated with CTRL-J.

Wait about the gates operating with CTRL-J-does it comes with default fs2004 or do you need a certain addon to work this?

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

KevinTsai wrote:

GundamWZero wrote:

Wait about the gates operating with CTRL-J-does it comes with default fs2004 or do you need a certain addon to work this?

Only for FSX.....sorry.