Multi Screen ?

who is using multi screen ?
how many screens?
what system do you have ?
what video card?
your thoughts? are they running smoothly?
how about a pix of your system?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Well, I was running two untill I went to Vista. I have twin Nvidia 6600GS Cards with twin HP 17" monitors. Once I went Vista, It shut down one of the monitors so that it can run in Windows Aero mode.

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

Running multi screens for several years (dual screens)
I can’t image my self working with out
System? 3.4 Gh ATI x1600 but I used to run dual monitor in much lower systems. With FSX running much easyer than with earlier versions

I run FSX out of a 3 yrs old notebook computer. It has a 15" widescreen, 2GB mem, and ATI Radeon 9200 with 64MB. I attached another 15" monitor on the side.

The set up works ok. The computer is seriously underpowered. But the additional screen makes the sim that much more enjoyable.

I usually put the pilot's cockpit view in the notebook screen, and additional views on the extra monitor.

hi,
how do you set up the screens in game though-i thought put virtual cockpit view on left monitor, right seat mode on right monitor but the views out of the cockpit are the same!-therefore you have to adjust angles but i dont think the two will marry up properly
thanks

FSX is useless when it comes to multi-monitors. It is in the dark ages.

probably Bill Gates only gave each developer one monitor, that's why they have never tried multi-screen ever.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

You are becoming quite annoying!! You need to stop, seriously.

Multi-Monitors require that you either have a dual output card, or two cards. You need to setup Vista to be dual screen compatible... Give this internet tutorial a shot... it may help. Dual Displays in Vista

Keep in mind that with Vista Aero, FSX, and the general draw on system resources from Vista, that you may see less that desirable performance if you are using a single card.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Don't let the guests get to you.

Mulitmonitors in Vista.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/multimonVista.mspx

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Wow this is a old post...... 😳

I sinced changed to a Superclocked 8800GTS videocard, and now I got both monitors back, with Aeros, I might increase it to three monitors!!! I am pricing another monitor, which will be larger than the other 17" monitors I currently have.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...