Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Low framerates at high altitudes

fuselage Guest

Hi!

This one is driving me crazy. When i fly at lower altitudes and even standing on the ground, i get decent framerates. But as soon as i fly at- lets say 33000 feet, the framerate drops dramatically from about 20 to 6-8 fps.

if iīm only looking at the sky everything runs smooth but as soon as i look at the horizon the fps drops instantly.

And i thought it would run smoother from high altitudes Rolling Eyes .

Any ideas?

AMD Athlon X2 4600+
2gb ram
ati X1650

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

fuselage wrote:

Hi!

This one is driving me crazy. When i fly at lower altitudes and even standing on the ground, i get decent framerates. But as soon as i fly at- lets say 33000 feet, the framerate drops dramatically from about 20 to 6-8 fps.

if iīm only looking at the sky everything runs smooth but as soon as i look at the horizon the fps drops instantly.

And i thought it would run smoother from high altitudes Rolling Eyes .

Any ideas?

AMD Athlon X2 4600+
2gb ram
ati X1650

Keep the clouds as low a setting as possible.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Yup.

fuselage Guest

Thank you for your replys!

I have tried to keep the clouds at low settings, even fly in clear skies without any clouds, but with same result.

I didnīt mentioned that i use vista, so i thought maybe it could be a driver problem, but that doesnīt make sense either since i got good framerates when i fly at lower altitudes.

Oh well! I guess i have to stay at lower altitudes Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

fuselage wrote:

Thank you for your replys!

I have tried to keep the clouds at low settings, even fly in clear skies without any clouds, but with same result.

I didnīt mentioned that i use vista, so i thought maybe it could be a driver problem, but that doesnīt make sense either since i got good framerates when i fly at lower altitudes.

Oh well! I guess i have to stay at lower altitudes Wink

Your right, give it a chance with the new video drivers, they only have one set out. Room for improvement.

Radar