SearchSearch 

The Final Product

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hi Guys, well this is it - the final paint of my 737-700. Hope you like it and look forward to your comments ...

12 Responses

Pro Member Trainee
DIMITRIOSCOOL Trainee

Ive seen beautiful paints on aircraft but yours is amazing

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Clap Great job, looks sharp.

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Dimidtriouscool, thanks, and actually whats "amazing" is that I got it to work 🙂 And CRJCapt, thankyou as well just something a little different to your everyday paint job.

There are a lot of hours of work in the plane but I enjoyed every minute of it, well most of them anyway 🙂 It will be a little while before I do another like this though and it is time to go back to "standard" re-paints and to try to perfect them. There are a lot of mistakes in this re-paint, fortuanately you cant see most of them in a screen shot, although the BIGGEST mistake is very clear, but perhaps you have to be an Australian to see it 😀

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

Very, very nice 👍 ,and the flag...what flag! 😂

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Thanks Violentviolent, I can always rely on you for an unbias reveiw 😀

I take it when you said "...and the flag, what flag!..." you think that is the mistake perhaps? Mmmm maybe an Australian flag on the plane is a mistake, but no - not the biggy 🙂

Perhaps I should run a competition to see how long it takes someone to pick it up Idea But that wouldnt be fair I dont think - it probably isnt that obvious, not even to an Australian 😉

Pro Member First Officer

wombat457 wrote:

Thanks Violentviolent, I can always rely on you for an unbias reveiw 😀

I take it when you said "...and the flag, what flag!..." you think that is the mistake perhaps? Mmmm maybe an Australian flag on the plane is a mistake, but no - not the biggy 🙂

Perhaps I should run a competition to see how long it takes someone to pick it up Idea But that wouldnt be fair I dont think - it probably isnt that obvious, not even to an Australian 😉

I just thought the flag on the right side of the plane was the wrong way round, 😉 Umm... 😉 perhaps.

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hi Violentviolet - darn it your RIGHT, it is the wrong way round I didnt even pick up on that 😞

Maybe I should send you all my paint jobs first so you can vet them for me 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

wombat457 wrote:

Hi Violentviolet - darn it your RIGHT, it is the wrong way round I didnt even pick up on that

No wombat457, you're correct. That is the correct way to display the flag on a vehicle.
http://jeanne_and_trev.tripod.com/iraqifreedomheroes/id27.html

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

You learn something new every day, I didnt know about that and did think, like Violentviolet, that I had messed up. I geuss some mess ups are actually not mess ups at all 🙂

This will be something that I will remember for future paint jobs that incorproate a flag (of any country) and is interesting as to the reasons behind it.

Thanks CRJCapt for the information - as always, it is appreciated

Pro Member First Officer

CRJCapt wrote:

wombat457 wrote:

Hi Violentviolet - darn it your RIGHT, it is the wrong way round I didnt even pick up on that

No wombat457, you're correct. That is the correct way to display the flag on a vehicle.
http://jeanne_and_trev.tripod.com/iraqifreedomheroes/id27.html

I stand corrected. 😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Absolutely stunning job, well done!

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hi Welshflyer and thankyou.

While it looks "stunning" on the ground and motionless, there are a lot of problems with it though, and most are plainly obvious when she is in flight. Still it did turn out better than I thought it would so I am happy about that. The next one (whenever that will be) WILL be better, perhaps not as "fancy looking" but will be technically better. 🙂

Cheers and safe flying