Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Flying around the world

Hey guys,

I have been wanting to take a flight across the world for a while now, but I was wondering about how to do the flight plan? Do you just wing it and look at a map and pick out airports, or is there some default plans or perhaps flight plans around the internet that help you?

thanks a lot.

2 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

I have been wanting to take a flight across the world for a while now, but I was wondering about how to do the flight plan? Do you just wing it and look at a map and pick out airports, or is there some default plans or perhaps flight plans around the internet that help you?

thanks a lot.

I've not come across an 'Around the World Flightplan' for FSX yet, my guess is that if someone wrote one, the author would be swamped with e-mails requesting to change certain legs etc.

Everybody wants to fly different legs and probably the other way around the globe.

I suggest you get an Atlas or a worldmap and plan roughly which ports you'd like to sto pover at. Then just create a new flightplan for each leg.

What many of us do or have done is fly the long legs in large jets and use small aircraft such as Props for short hops while traversing the continents. This adds to the enjoyment especially when you realise that the a/c you chose won't make it over that mountain range in front of you and if you decide to go around it, you'll run out of gas 😳

Enjoy 😀

Trancelator Guest

Hey Guest,

Im busdy doing a flight around the world.

I fly for flying tigers group(virtual airline)

Im only using the routes they fly an im managing to get around the world.

Im using planes from all the different airlines.Its really neat i have to say.

My world trip would be about 24 legs.I started in amsterdam,then africa,s/america,n/america/pacific etc etc until im back in amsterdam.

It doesnt take to long to figure out the routes because the globe is pretty much covered by the airlines.You just have to make sure that your arrival airport can accomidate you to take off to your next destination and so on.

Good luck