loading downloaded planes onto fsx

noob in trouble D: Guest

Well im a noob and i just dowloaded a new plane, but i cant get it actually in the game.

Is there any hope for a noob? 😞

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

noob in trouble D: wrote:

Well im a noob and i just dowloaded a new plane, but i cant get it actually in the game.

Is there any hope for a noob? 😞

Where there is a will there is a way.

Open Windows explorer. Navigate to:

Local Disc / Program Files / Microsoft Games / Microsoft Flight Simulator X / SimObjects / ... now click on the word Airplanes and drop the folder that contains the aircraft into the right part of the window --- NOT the pane on the left.

Note: Before you do all of the above, you have to extract (unzip) the contents of the .zip folder. Do NOT place the .zip folder into the location outlined above.

In case you find that your panel is missing gauges, look inside the aircraft folder for a folder named 'gauges'. Copy and paste the contents of that gauges folder into your Main Gauges Folder of your Microsoft Flight Simulator X directory.

Let us know how you're getting on.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...