Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

I am building a dell so I can't change much but I wondered if this would work:

AMD Athalon 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 ghz
2gig memory
250 gig hard drive
NVidia GEforce 7300 256 mbs
Windows Vista home premium

Last edited by Ryan (737FLIER) on Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total

16 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

the 7300gs is weak. It does not have a 256-bit memory interface nor 20 pipelines. Would recommend a more powerful graphics card. Everything else looks pretty good.

AstroSteve

Last edited by Steve (astrosteve) on Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer

The 7300 does have 256mb of memory but I could also get this:

Windows vista home premium
AMD Athalon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6ghz
2 gig memory
320 gig hard drive
NVidia GeForce 7500 256mb

The video card, and hard drive got upgraded but the proccesor got downgraded. They are both about $1300 which is all I can afford. This model is an HP the other is a dell, so which should I get.

Pro Member First Officer

No no no flyer, you are missing my point. The card has 256mb of Ram, but not a 256-bit memory interface. It only has a 64-bit interface which is shit. There is no 7500 for Nvidia only ATi. A 7600 minimum is what I recommend. I am using dual 7800GT's with great success. When buying a video card number of Pipelines and memory interface are extremely important.

7300GS:
Chipset Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Core clock: 550MHz
D-SUB: 1
DirectX: DirectX 9
DVI: 1
Memory Clock: 810MHz
Memory Interface: 64-bit
OpenGL: OpenGL 1.5
PixelPipelines: 4
TV-Out: HDTV Out

737FLIER wrote:

The 7300 does have 256mb of memory but I could also get this:

Windows vista home premium
AMD Athalon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6ghz
2 gig memory
320 gig hard drive
NVidia GeForce 7500 256mb

The video card, and hard drive got upgraded but the proccesor got downgraded. They are both about $1300 which is all I can afford. This model is an HP the other is a dell, so which should I get.

Pro Member First Officer

I had never heard of a 7500 but It was on Hp.com I could choose from two video cards I had never heard of.

NVidia GEforce 7350LE 128mb
NVidia GEforce 7500LE 256mb

will the 7500 work for me.

Or can you tell me a brand and the specs of a good computer that I can buy for $1,300 or less.

Pro Member First Officer

Well it might be a little flashy, but it's got dual 7600gs and Core2-Duo 6400! this system will give you SLi. As alway Newegg is awesome to purchase from.

System 1:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16883227006

Pro Member First Officer

will 1 gig of memory work for FSX ok.

Pro Member First Officer

Sure, you can always purchase another 1GB stick later on. Has an Asus motheboard obviously SLi supportive. Dude your gonna have 2 7600gs!!!! Go for it. It has a 1-year warranty. If you get it and don't like it return it within 30-days for a refund. Newegg is very good about stuff like that.

Great to deal with.

AstroSteve

Pro Member First Officer

Ok. I will think about it.

Pro Member First Officer

Which on of those computers is the best?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This and add another gig of memory, the second link is dead.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8208432&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat103700050068&id=1166840382678

Get it direct from Gateway, don't go through a second party.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for the advice radarman. I think I will buy it direct from gateway.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Personally, I would have built my own. At least I can know what is screwed up when it happens and how to replace it. But, to each his own.......

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

GundamWZero wrote:

Personally, I would have built my own. At least I can know what is screwed up when it happens and how to replace it. But, to each his own.......

Unfortunately not all of us have the outside help to build our own.
There is a place in the building process where if something is wrong and no one to stand behind you or take it to you find yourself with a gunny sack filled with $2000 worth of parts.
I made that difficult and disappointing decision before I bought "ready made".

I do envy those who are fortunate to have that off-line help.

Radar

go visit your neighborhood China Town. They always have little hole-in-the-wall computer shops. They look like nothing, but they sure know their stuff. And they have great prices.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Well, that's not a problem....... as long as you have Verison Wireless, I can help offline. Just pm me and I'll see what I can do for you guys. 😀