carrier pack

Pro Member Trainee
414David Trainee

Hey guys, i'm new here on flyawaysim and i need some help with the downloadable carrier pack, you're supposed to be able to fly a variety of aircraft like the hornet, tomcat and so on..
The thing is I don't know how to install it... yes i'm a newbie... please help.
Well thats the first problem, there is allso a F/A-18 download that I don't know how to install aswell but if I manage, with your help, to install the carrierpack I won't need to install another hornet.

So help me with the carrier please.

Thank you..

Answers 93 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Welcome flyaway 414David, 🍻

I'm no expert on installing aircraft but I'm sure someone here can help. If you'll give us the full name of the program, location of it's website and confirm that this is for Flight Simulator 2004, it will help us. For now, do the following:

1. Read the "Readme" file that should be in the program or in the literature, it should have all the instructions.

2. Insure that your system exceeds the minimum requirements on the box, the more it does the better.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

414David wrote:

Hey guys, i'm new here on flyawaysim and i need some help with the downloadable carrier pack, you're supposed to be able to fly a variety of aircraft like the hornet, tomcat and so on..
The thing is I don't know how to install it... yes i'm a newbie... please help.
Well thats the first problem, there is allso a F/A-18 download that I don't know how to install aswell but if I manage, with your help, to install the carrierpack I won't need to install another hornet.

So help me with the carrier please.

Thank you..

Welcome David,

the carriers, the carriers... what a mess! It's a carrier jungle out there and many of them have been reworked and reworked. Now it's all right and they look and work great, but if you're new to installing (especially carriers) you'll soon end up with a bad headache.

But.. not all is lost. Sign up for free with avsim.com if you haven't done so yet. The process is painless and instantaneous.

Now download this file ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2893/fs2004-cvn-65-carrier-off-puerto-rico-scenery/

It is in my experience the easiest carrier to install for beginners AND... it works. The Readme Text Document included in the .zip file explains in simple terms how to install it.

Anymore questions regarding this project - don't be shy. Hack

😀

Pro Member Trainee
414David Trainee

I wont be shy hehe...
well I already have some carriers so it's not just the carriers I want. Actually it's the hornet. But since the Carrierops had both carriers and aircraft it seemed like a good deal.
Now, i have got some probs with the superhornet download, can't figure out how to install that one, even when i do the things they say in the read me, unzip and put everything in the FS9 aircraft folder.. well it doesnt work
thanks again.. and i feel very welcome here thanks, btw it's an awsome site this one. 😀

"If you'll give us the full name of the program, location of it's website and confirm that this is for Flight Simulator 2004, it will help us."
It's the carrierops here on flyaway, I don't know the whole name but if you search for "hornet" or "carrier" on this website you will find it, just scroll down. thanks again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I downloaded the file and took a look, I'm no expert but this is what I think.

1. Copy the contents, not the folders, into the folder within FS9 of the same name.

2. Looks like the only full aircraft is the FA-18, copying the folder [FA-18_SuperHornet] into the FS9 Aircraft folder should work.

Pro Member Trainee
414David Trainee

1, carrierops-> copy the content to the folder with the same name eg textures, copy hte texture content to the FS9 texture file.. am I right?

2, just copy the fa-18 file to the aircraft file?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

414David wrote:

1, carrierops-> copy the content to the folder with the same name eg textures, copy hte texture content to the FS9 texture file.. am I right?

2, just copy the fa-18 file to the aircraft file?

1. I think you have it but there is no texture file(main file) in the download. Unzip the files to a temporary location. The files are:
a. add on scenery
b. effects
c. gauges
d. modules
e. aircraft
f. sound
g. flight simulator 9
Copy the contents(don't just copy the outer folder with the contents) of these folder(of the downloaded files), one at a time. Paste them into the same named files(already there)inside FS.

2. When you complete #1 above you will have the Hornet file in the Aircraft file(in FS9) so yes.

Pro Member Trainee
414David Trainee

Okay I think I got it...
well thank you for your help.. I will probably call out for more help later on but for now I'm cool... thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Welcome to the forums 414David 😀 🍻

Nice job CRJ ❗ Clap

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

414David: I was not sure if all that was correct but if it works, great.

VegasFlyer: Thanks

Pro Member Trainee
414David Trainee

na it didn't work with the carrier.. starting to get tired of trying with that one
but the F/A-18E superhornet.. that is a tricky one..I sure do want it, so its basicly just to copy the main file into the FS9 aircraft folder?EDIT: that didn't work.. Walk me through the F/A-18E Superhornet please
Sorry i have to be such a pain guys but i'll just stick to my newbie shield..

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Sorry, I tried. Maybe a better "aircraft installer" can help you. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

414David wrote:

I wont be shy hehe...
well I already have some carriers so it's not just the carriers I want. Actually it's the hornet.

Well that narrows things down, doesn't it. On the other hand, reading through the whole thread so far

..but the F/A-18E superhornet.. that is a tricky one..I sure do want it..

I wish I could read your mind.

If you want the best freeware F/A-18E Super Hornet, than this is the file ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/816/fs2004-boeing-f-18e-super-hornet/
Installation is absolutely painless and it has a tailhook. Here are a few screenies I just took:

The tailhook extended:

Takeoff:

Visible effects:

Superhornet's belly:

So if you already have a carrier with arrcabs, you'll be able to shoot the trap with this baby.

Pro Member Trainee
414David Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

Sorry, I tried. Maybe a better "aircraft installer" can help you. 😞

Thanks for your help anyway! I'm glad I found this website, and you guys are very understanding and helpful unlike some people at some other sites.
I will now try wit this other superhornet... hope it works.
As I'm a swede my eyes caught the Draken, JAS and Viggen addons but I must say no cockpit? no gear?... that was quite a dissapointment.. but hey still got the airframes so im a bit happy anyways..
Now the superhornet.. wish me luck

Pro Member Trainee
414David Trainee

I don't get it... even with an installer it doesn't work.. what should I write in the installationdirectory if I havn't installed the original game in C:program/microsoft games/Flightsimulator 9? Maybe I should just reinstall the whole game and start all over again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

414David wrote:

I don't get it... even with an installer it doesn't work.. what should I write in the installationdirectory if I havn't installed the original game in C:program/microsoft games/Flightsimulator 9? Maybe I should just reinstall the whole game and start all over again.

First of all David, I do hope that you got the file I linked you to from avsim.com.
If you just get any other F/A-18E Super Hornet from another site, there is a good chance that it will be a different package which can mean that the installation procedures are different and often difficult to figure out.

Presuming you have the file I've linked you to, do the following:

First create a temporary folder preferably on your desktop. I'm stressing FIRST because this installer will not let you create a new folder during the process and you'd have to cancel and start all over again.

After you've extracted the contents of the .zip file, you'll end up with a folder called: fa18sh41. Open it and double-click on the 'fa18sh41 Self Extractor...' it's the icon that looks like a microwave oven. This is the actual installer.

Now the important part: When the Extractor/Wizard arrives at the 'Select the folder where files will be installed..' - you must change the target destination by clicking on the Browse button and negotiating to the temporary folder you've created at the beginning.

In my case it's: Desktop / f-18. Click OK and continue with the installation/extraction wizard.

No open the temporary folder you've created and inside you'll find the following:

2 text documents

1 install DAT file

1 Aircraft folder

1 Effects folder

Open the Aircraft folder and you'll find the FA-18E_SuperHornet folder. Copy and paste this folder into your "fs9 Aircraft Directory".

Open the Effects folder and you'll find five effects inside. Copy and paste those five effects into your "fs9 Effects Folder".

This completes the installation process. Keep it simple, do only what I've outlined above at this stage and you'll have the complete aircraft ready to fly.

You've probably noticed that there is also a folder called 'Advanced Setup'. Save that folder somewhere - you can look into it and figure it out at a later stage. It is NOT required for the installation we've discussed above. It is an extra for a time when you like to experiment with enhancements.

Draken ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1196/fs2004-2002-saab-j35-draken/

Viggen ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1206/fs2004-fs2002-saab-ja37-viggen/

Jas ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1226/fs2004-f2002-saab-jas39-gripen-b/

Pro Member Trainee
414David Trainee

Well I will now proceed and do the exact same thing that you just explained to me. My god, the draken, viggen and Jas addons are incredible... thank you very much..
now back to my installation.. thanks again..

Pro Member Trainee
414David Trainee

HAAALLELUJAA!!!! There it is now up and running, well I've learned something new about this kind of installation procedure all thanks to you. THe Viggen addon doesn't have a cockpit nor any sound.. is it supposed to be that way? I'm very impressed with the Draken addon, very impressed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

414David wrote:

THe Viggen addon doesn't have a cockpit nor any sound.. is it supposed to be that way?

Well yes and no. Sometimes the person who uploads the file just simply forgets which I suspect could be the case here since the file description says 'flyable'. Of course it's flyable without a panel and sound - but hey 🙄

Often the files don't include their own individual panel or sound because they either don't exist or to include them in the .zip file would simply make the download too big.

Don't give up on the Viggen yet, the simplest way is to copy and paste a sound folder and a panel folder out of an existing aircraft (one you have) and paste them into your SAJA37 Viggen folder.

Note: Before you copy / paste a sound or panel folder over to another aircraft, open them and make sure that they actually contain sounds and bitmaps respectively.
Often the sound and panel folders only contain a .cfg file which alias the sound or panel to another aircraft. If you don't have that aircraft or you have renamed it, those .cfg files won't find whatever their aliased to.

If you need any more clarification on this or don't understand the 'aliasing principle', it's really pretty simple. Just ask.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Sorry to hijack your thread but i wonder if Tailhook can answer a question for me. I have carriers 2006 and in the carriers section in "country" in fs9 there are about 40/50 carriers ish, but only about 15 of them actually show up, if you select the others the aircraft is just sitting on the water, i know this because i have selected each and every one and made a note of the ones that actually show up (it took ages 😞 ).Any idea why the others are'nt there?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I can't tell you offhand Welshflyer, I haven't gotten around re-installing it yet. I do remember that during a previous install I had problems because I didn't pay enough attention to the 'Ocean Flatten Files' -- something about priority in the list.
Check your installation procedure again and see if you've missed something.

I know I'm not answering your question, but the best way of finding the problem is always to go through the procedure for oneself. Give me a day or two, I will get stuck into it and see if I have the same problem. I'll get back to you on that.

Actually, I just saw this in the Install Instructions:

To find the carriers go to the Flightsim "World/Go to Airport..." menu and type in the Airport ID: ACXX [XX = number of the carrier 01 to 18] or Airport name: "U" and a list of the USS (carrier Names) will show up.

This could indicate that only 18 of the carriers have a hard deck.

This is "From the original author-Notepad" :

18 CARRIERS ARE INCLUDED:

* CV-67 USS Kennedy
-- Persian Gulf, off the coast of Kuwait (N29:10 E48:35)
-- Atlantic Ocean, East of Jacksonville NAS, FL USA (N30:10 W80:40)

* CVN-68 USS Nimitz
-- Sea of Japan, near South/North Korea border (N38:40 E128:47)
-- Tasman Sea, off New South Wales, Australia (S31:17 E153:22)

* CVN-69 USS Eisenhower
-- Atlantic Ocean, East of Oceana NAS, VA USA (N37:02 W75:01)
-- Gulf of Sidra, off the coast of Libya (N31:08 E18:09)

* CVN-70 USS Vinson
-- Indian Ocean, off the coast of Somalia (N3 E47)
-- South China Sea, Southwest of Taiwan (N22 E119)

* CVN-71 USS Roosevelt
-- Arabian Sea, West of Karachi, Pakistan (N25 E66:19)
-- Bay of Bengal, off the coast of Burma (Myanmar) (N20:30 E92)

* CVN-72 USS Lincoln
-- Gulf of Santa Catalina, Northwest of Miramar NAS, CA USA (N33:15 W117:45)

* CVN-73 USS Washington
-- East Mediterranean Sea, near Lebanon and Israel (N33:05 E34:43)
-- Lower Adriatic Sea, near Albania and Montenegro (N41:37 E19:03)

* CVN-74 USS Stennis
-- Strait of Juan de Fuca, West of Whidbey Island NAS, WA USA (N48:19 W123:59)
-- Pacific Ocean, off the coast of Nicaragua (N12:10 W87:24)

* CVN-75 USS Truman
-- North Sea, East of Scotland (N56:30 E0:30) (not so far from oil rigs depicted in UKOILRIG.ZIP)
-- Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of Sao Paolo, Brazil (S25 W46)
-- South of Ivory Coast, Africa (S5 W5)

My guess is at this stage that the remaining carriers are AI only 🤔

Pro Member Trainee
414David Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

414David wrote:

THe Viggen addon doesn't have a cockpit nor any sound.. is it supposed to be that way?

Well yes and no. Sometimes the person who uploads the file just simply forgets which I suspect could be the case here since the file description says 'flyable'.

Ok, well i will try but im not sure about what you mean... My english is quite good but not that good..
But for now Im just in love with my Draken, gripen and superhornet

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

414David wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

414David wrote:

Well yes and no. Sometimes the person who uploads the file just simply forgets which I suspect could be the case here since the file description says 'flyable'.

Ok, well i will try but im not sure about what you mean... My english is quite good but not that good..
But for now Im just in love with my Draken, gripen and superhornet

Your English is very good indeed... maybe that's why you don't understand my gibberish. 😂

I personally am not that fond of the Draken though it's a nice complete package. I've put the sound and the panel of one of my F-14s into the Viggen and it works perfectly well. I'm not sure how realistic the FDE is, but this thing takes off like a rocket. Accordingly, she takes her time to bleed speed despite spoiler. It's a beautiful visual model with good quality textures. I'm gonna look at the Gripen next.

Which carrier are you using then?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Sorry to hijack your thread but i wonder if Tailhook can answer a question for me. I have carriers 2006 and in the carriers section in "country" in fs9 there are about 40/50 carriers ish, but only about 15 of them actually show up, if you select the others the aircraft is just sitting on the water, i know this because i have selected each and every one and made a note of the ones that actually show up (it took ages 😞 ).Any idea why the others are'nt there?

OK I've installed the carr2006 by the book. The result is a total of 23 hard deck carriers. I select them by typing into the 'Airport ID:' -AC and AC01 through AC23 appear. I haven't tried every single one, but about 5 or 6 in different parts of the world and they are all identical.

You say about 40/50 carriers, I can only assume that you've got other carrier packages installed as well and that they somehow got mixed up.

Inside the Addon Scenery/Carriers2006/Scenery Folder there are 18 AF2xx .BGLs and 18 Trafficxx .BGLs respectively, yet I have 23 carriers -- I can't work it out.

We should keep in mind that this package has been updated and repackaged several times over the years and reading the documentation of the different versions makes your head spin.
Sorry Welshflyer, this is an unsatisfactory result. But while we're still at it I'd like to know how you manage to take off in the lovely Viking (thanks for the link) -seeing that the carrier2006 package doesn't have a cat?? Oh I can take off - I mean I can clear the carrier deck but keep ending up in the drink 🍅

What's the secret? Help!

Try using this addon at Avsim. rcbco-20.zip

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

The gentleman above beat me to the answer,you can install in any aircraft to allow takeoff from carriers! It can be a bit tricky though so if you have any probs i'll post the aircraft cfgs that i adapted!

Pro Member Trainee
414David Trainee

tailhook wrote:

Your English is very good indeed... maybe that's why you don't understand my gibberish. 😂

I personally am not that fond of the Draken though it's a nice complete package. I've put the sound and the panel of one of my F-14s into the Viggen and it works perfectly well. I'm not sure how realistic the FDE is, but this thing takes off like a rocket. Accordingly, she takes her time to bleed speed despite spoiler. It's a beautiful visual model with good quality textures. I'm gonna look at the Gripen next.

Which carrier are you using then?

Well Thank you sir, my english teacher is not sharing your opinion.. but that might have to do with other things.. Anyways, do you think you can send me your F/14 panel and sound that you are using for the Viggen. The f-14 and viggen along with the f-16 are from the same era so i think thats why the f-14 panel get along with the viggen. Well maybe I Like the Draken because my dad was so close to become a fighterpilot and if he would have he would have flown a draken and maybe Viggen.

anyways, I would be very happy if you would send me the cocpit and sound youre using for your viggen, you can mail me at david_svensson88hotmail.com
Thanks again for your effort to bring me some sanity in this world of madness.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Tailhook, i thought i'd post a lttle info on this Rcb gauge thing.
Once you have installed the gauges into FS9.
If you see "window04" in the window titles, i added this after the last entry which was window03 in this case.
Then added the actual window04 information after window03(see below).
The RCB Gauge then appears at the left hand side of the cockpit.You can increase the launch speed by placing the cursor over the numbers,and then arm the launch gauge by clicking the switch.Be aware though that you do not have to press this switch to launch, as soon as you hit the brakes keyboard (period) tab you will be launched.

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main Panel
Window01=Enlarged PFD
Window02=Electrics
Window03=GPS
window04=Meatball
window05=Radio/CD Player

[VIEWS]
VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=0,20,90,GPS_PANEL

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.000, 0.000, 0.000

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window00]
file_1024=main.bmp
size_mm=1024
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=7
visible=1
ident=0
window_size= 1.000, 1.000
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

gauge00=S3B.N1, 803,482,50,180
gauge01=S3B.N2, 838,482,50,180
gauge02=S3B.Power, 876,482,50,180
gauge03=S3B.Temp, 908,482,50,180
gauge04=S3_Gauges!PFD, 446,452,100,100
gauge05=S3_Gauges!HSI, 445,548,102,102
gauge06=S3_Gauges!VSI Indicator, 341,603,56,56
gauge07=S3_Gauges!Altitude Indicator, 338,518,62,62
gauge08=S3B.airsp, 332,431,73,74
gauge09=S3_Gauges!Radar Altitude Indicator, 254,533,62,62
gauge10=S3B.Clock2, 268,468,46,46
gauge11=S3B.Standby_Att, 270,619,45,46
gauge12=S3B.Turn, 271,694,42,42
gauge13=S3B.adf, 421,688,54,56
gauge14=S3B.VOR1, 343, 694 ,48,47
gauge15=S3B.Flaps, 703,703,43,42
gauge16=S3_Gauges!Elevator Trim Indicator, 552,701,43,43
gauge17=S3_Gauges!G Force Indicator, 492,700,43,43
gauge18=S3B.Compass, 974,73,48,51
gauge19=S3B.AOA2, 612,701,43,42
gauge20=S3B.aoa, 2097,763,64,170
gauge21=S3_Gauges!GPS, 188,634,25,25
gauge22=S3_Gauges!ATC, 215,634,25,25
gauge23=S3_Gauges!Map, 188,662,25,25
gauge24=S3_Gauges!Pedestal, 215,662,25,25
gauge25=S3_Gauges!Left Fuel Pump, 532,4,22,22
gauge26=S3_Gauges!Right Fuel Pump, 573,3,22,22
gauge27=S3_Gauges!Oil Pressure Indicator, 808,689,30,30
gauge28=S3_Gauges!Oil Pressure Indicator 2, 861,687,30,30
gauge29=S3_Gauges!Hydraulic Pressure Indicator, 805,727,30,30
gauge30=S3_Gauges!Hydraulic Pressure Indicator, 861,727,30,30
gauge31=S3B.aoa, 384,304,25,70
gauge32=S3_Gauges!Checklist, 188,689,25,25
gauge33=S3B.landing-gear, 79,668,39
gauge34=S3_Gauges!AP HDG Adjust, 586,654,24,24
gauge35=S3_Gauges!Altitude Knob, 332,568,16,16
gauge36=rcb-miljet!Icon_Ball, 312,227,12,13
gauge37=dsd_catapult!catapult, 0,330,66,30,300150
gauge38=dsd_arrester!arrester, 0,300,40,30

[Window01]
file=digi_large.bmp
file_1024=digi_large.bmp
size_mm=651
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=20
window_size= 0.770, 1.000
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

gauge00=S3_Gauges!PFD, 394,42,213,213
gauge01=S3_Gauges!HSI, 394,260,213,213
gauge02=S3_Gauges!VSI Indicator, 187,353,137,137
gauge03=S3_Gauges!Altitude Indicator, 186,188,137,137
gauge04=S3B.airsp, 183,25,143,143
gauge05=S3_Gauges!Radar Altitude Indicator, 17,222,137,137
gauge06=S3B.Clock2, 50,93,107,107
gauge07=S3B.Standby_Att, 50,385,110,110
gauge08=S3B.Turn, 43,538,110
gauge09=S3B.adf, 356,530,116,121
gauge10=S3B.VOR1, 194,537,120,120
gauge11=S3_Gauges!GPS, 392,495,25,25
gauge12=S3_Gauges!ATC, 422,495,25,25
gauge13=S3_Gauges!Map, 519,496,25,25
gauge14=S3_Gauges!Pedestal, 551, 496 ,25,25
gauge15=S3_Gauges!Checklist, 597,495,25,25
gauge16=S3_Gauges!Altitude Knob, 182,303,24,24
gauge17=S3_Gauges!AP HDG Adjust, 469,495,24,24

[Window02]
file=electrics.bmp
file_1024=electrics.bmp
size_mm=174
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=90
window_size= 0.210, 1.000
window_pos= 0.800, 0.000

gauge00=S3_Gauges!Engine Starter, 102,250,38,36
gauge01=S3_Gauges!Left Fuel Pump, 35,264,22,22
gauge02=S3_Gauges!Right Fuel Pump, 70,263,22,22
gauge03=S3_Gauges!Landing Light Switch, 102,340,18,18
gauge04=S3_Gauges!Avionics Switch, 104,493,18,18
gauge05=S3_Gauges!Battery Switch, 104,471,18,18
gauge06=S3_Gauges!Beacon Lights Switch, 102,386,18,18
gauge07=S3_Gauges!Navigation Lights Switch, 102,363,18,18
gauge08=S3_Gauges!Panel Lights Switch, 102,408,18,18
gauge09=S3_Gauges!Left Generator Switch, 104,518,18,18
gauge10=S3_Gauges!Right Generator Switch, 104,545,18,18
gauge11=bendix_king_radio.ap, 3,47,170,47
gauge12=bendix_king_radio.nav_comm_1, 3,95,170,64
gauge13=bendix_king_radio.nav_comm_2, 3,159,170,64
gauge14=bendix_king_radio.adf, 3, 9 ,170,38

[Window03]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,425
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=GPS_PANEL
window_size= 0.500, 0.500
window_pos= 0.500, 0.500

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,512,425
[Window04]
size_mm=240,240
window_size= 0.30,0.40
window_pos= 0.34,0.00
background_color=0,0,0
visible=0
ident=10011
gauge00=rcb-miljet!Ball,0,0,240,240
//--------------------------

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

The gentleman above beat me to the answer,you can install in any aircraft to allow takeoff from carriers! It can be a bit tricky though so if you have any probs i'll post the aircraft cfgs that i adapted!

All right, thanks guys for reminding me of the rcbco-20.zip. You have no idea how many times I've downloaded this file and started reading the instructions AND postponing the project for another day.

Welshflyer I figured you were using either rcbco-20.zip or the 3wire file by Rhys Eddy. Other sources suggest that the .DAT file used in the Abacus Flightdeck would add cat and arrcab function to any carrier.

So it appears that Rob Barendregts file is used for individual aircraft, whereas (I think) the 3wire file is used to add cat and arrcab to any hard deck carrier.

I was hoping to find the simplest solution as I'm a kid at heart, I'd like to take off in almost any a/c I have.
Anyway Welshflyer, thanks for your input and effort in explaining everything so well in pics and example of .cfg. I'm hanging on to this post and start experimenting once I've won the war with the Tax Office I'm currently engaged in.

How'd you go with your 'carrier2006' setup BTW?

Greetings Hack

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

414David wrote:

anyways, I would be very happy if you would send me the cocpit and sound youre using for your viggen...
Thanks again for your effort to bring me some sanity in this world of madness.

You're welcome!

This is the soundset I'm using for the Viggen: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2910/fs2004-grumman-f-14-tomcat-sound-pack/

You mention the F-16, the author of the above Christoffer Petersen has made a nice one for the F-16 as well: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2758/fs2004-f-16-pw200-sound-pack/

Now to the panel:

That's a bit of a problem as I got it out of Randy Shoemake's 'Ultimate Tomcat' which seems to have vanished from the file libraries with the exception of FS Planet. ➡ (dead link removed)

You could have problems downloading from there as they claim to have freeware but only let you download at particular times. They want money for FREEWARE!!

An alternative I just found, and the file description sounds very interesting, is this one ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2911/fs2004-grumman-f-14d-tomcat-panel/

Basically you can mix and match panels and aircraft within reason.

😀

Hi, this question is regarding rcbco-20.zip. When you takeoff from the carrier does the catapult steam away like in real life? Also are there any sound effects from the catapult when you launch from it?

Pro Member Trainee
414David Trainee

Well, I got the soundset that you are using and the alternative panel since the ultimate tomcat site failed on me, where do I put these files now that I got them?

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hi, this question is regarding rcbco-20.zip. When you takeoff from the carrier does the catapult steam away like in real life? Also are there any sound effects from the catapult when you launch from it?

Not sure about the steam as i'm always in the cockpit for launch 😀 but there are sound effects of the cat launch and the trap!

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Tailhook i have'nt had the chance to check my carrier2006 setup yet sorry, i've had a bit of man flu this week ( according to the wife it's the same as women get only 10 times worse 🙂 ) . What a cheek!

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Tailhook i've had a look at my carrier2006 setup, when i select "carrier" in the country section in create a flight, the ocean flatten file box actually gives me a selection of 46 carriers of which only about 18 are there as you stated. I don't think i'll ever understand this carrier thing 😕 !

If you are looking for a good carrier that is scenery check out simviation.com and search FS2004 CVN65 DEMO Puerto Rico Carrier. Because it is only a demo there is only one location, but you still get a nice carrier. One other note is that there are no AI planes on the carrier. I imagine that if you put it together with rcbco-20.zip you will have a sweet naval aviation set-up! Now we can all rock like Tom Cruise in Top Gun! 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

414David wrote:

Well, I got the soundset that you are using and the alternative panel since the ultimate tomcat site failed on me, where do I put these files now that I got them?

Sorry I'm a bit late, life gets in the way sometimes.

The panel:

This is a good find, I installed it too and discovered that it is ready for carrier launches and landings. Installation is easy:

After you've extracted the contents of the .zip file

1. place the fx file contained in the effects folder into fs9/effects

2. place the contents of the gauges folder (2 subfolders and 38 gauges) into fs9/gauges

3. place the contents of the sound folder (4 .wav files) into fs9/sound

4. place the GaugeSound.dll into the fs9 main directory.

Now open the F14BTomcat folder.

Copy and paste the panel folder into any jet fighter aircraft folder (the Viggen for example).
That's all. If the aircraft you use this panel with has a tailhook, it can now be launched off any carrier and land on any carrier.

If you wish to use the Viggen for carrier operations, backup the original aircraft.cfg and use this one instead:

[fltsim.0]
title=AisweJA37 Viggen
sim=Viggen
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
checklists=
ui_manufacturer=SAAB
ui_type=JA37 Viggen
ui_variation=F4jakt1
visual_damage=1
description=This aircraft is an interception and the ground offensive fighter of a Swedish air force. \nIt was developed from the idea of defending the home country having been placed by both camps in east and west at the cold war following SAAB Draken. \nIt is still used as a main force machine though JAS39 Gripen has been decided to succeed the back. \n\nby Kazunori Ito\n Kazu16643VT@aol.com\n
atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT
atc_parking_codes=SA37

[fltsim.1]
title=AisweJA37 Viggen 1
sim=Viggen
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=1
checklists=
ui_manufacturer=SAAB
ui_type=JA37 Viggen
ui_variation=F4jakt2
visual_damage=1
description=This aircraft is an interception and the ground offensive fighter of a Swedish air force. \nIt was developed from the idea of defending the home country having been placed by both camps in east and west at the cold war following SAAB Draken. \nIt is still used as a main force machine though JAS39 Gripen has been decided to succeed the back. \n\nby Kazunori Ito\n Kazu16643VT@aol.com\n
atc_parking_codes=SA36

[fltsim.2]
title=AisweJA37 Viggen 212
sim=Viggen
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=ublå
checklists=
ui_manufacturer=SAAB
ui_type=JA37 Viggen
ui_variation=F21jakt2
visual_damage=1
atc_parking_codes=SA36

[fltsim.3]
title=AisweJA37 Viggen 21
sim=Viggen
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=akts
checklists=
ui_manufacturer=SAAB
ui_type=JA37 Viggen
ui_variation=F21jakt1
visual_damage=1
atc_parking_codes=SA37

[fltsim.4]
title=AisweJA37 Viggen 16
sim=Viggen
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=f16
checklists=
ui_manufacturer=SAAB
ui_type=JA37 Viggen
ui_variation=F16jakt
visual_damage=1
atc_parking_codes=SA37

[fltsim.5]
title=AisweJA37 Viggen 10
sim=Viggen
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=f10
checklists=
ui_manufacturer=SAAB
ui_type=JA37 Viggen
ui_variation=F10jakt
visual_damage=1
atc_parking_codes=SA37

[fltsim.6]
title=AisweJA37 Viggen 7
sim=Viggen
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=f7
checklists=
ui_manufacturer=SAAB
ui_type=JA37 Viggen
ui_variation=F7Jakt/Attack
visual_damage=1
atc_parking_codes=SA37

[fltsim.7]
title=AisweJA37 Viggen 15
sim=Viggen
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=f15
checklists=
ui_manufacturer=SAAB
ui_type=JA37 Viggen
ui_variation=F15Attack
visual_damage=1
atc_parking_codes=SA37

[fltsim.8]
title=AisweJA37 Viggen 10g
sim=Viggen
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=f10gr
checklists=
ui_manufacturer=SAAB
ui_type=JA37 Viggen
ui_variation=F10grå
visual_damage=1
atc_parking_codes=SA36

[fltsim.9]
title=AisweJA37 Viggen F6
sim=Viggen
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=f6
checklists=
ui_manufacturer=SAAB
ui_type=JA37 Viggen
ui_variation=F6
visual_damage=1
atc_parking_codes=SA37

[fltsim.10]
title=AisweJA37 Viggen F21lst
sim=Viggen
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=f21lst
checklists=
ui_manufacturer=SAAB
ui_type=JA37 Viggen
ui_variation=F21
visual_damage=1
atc_parking_codes=SA37

[General]
performance=Total length: 16.40m \nTotal width: 10.60m \nTotal height: 5.90m\nEngine: Volvo Frigmortar RM8B turbofan engine x 1\n dry thrust 73.84kN\n afterburner in thrust 125kN\nTakeoff weight usually: 15000kg\nThe maximum take off weight: 17000kg(Equip it for the interception)/20500kg. (Offensive equip it. )\nFuel capacity: 5700L\nThe maximum horizontal speed: 2126 km/h or more (clean and the high degree 36000 feet)\nA practical maximum rising limit: 18290m\nTake off slide distance: 400m(At the take off weight usually) \nLanding slide distance: 500m (At the landing weight usually. )\n

[pitot_static]
vertical_speed_time_constant=3

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
reference_datum_position=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
empty_weight_CG_position=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
max_number_of_stations=50
station_load.0=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
empty_weight=20861.000000
empty_weight_roll_MOI=75000.000000
empty_weight_pitch_MOI=420000.000000
empty_weight_yaw_MOI=100000.000000
empty_weight_coupled_MOI=0.000000
max_gross_weight=31291.500000

[fuel]
LeftMain=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,370.000000,0.000000
LeftAux=0.000000,-1.666667,-0.833333,132.000000,0.000000
RightMain=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,370.000000,0.000000
RightAux=0.000000,1.666667,-0.833333,132.000000,0.000000
fuel_type=2.000000
number_of_tank_selectors=1
electric_pump=0

[airplane_geometry]
wing_area=341.000000
wing_span=39.166667
wing_root_chord=8.666667
wing_dihedral=6.218262
wing_incidence=-0.439453
wing_twist=-0.999756
oswald_efficiency_factor=0.342934
wing_winglets_flag=0
wing_sweep=0.000000
wing_pos_apex_lon=0.000000
wing_pos_apex_vert=0.000000
htail_area=150.000000
htail_span=14.583333
htail_pos_lon=-21.666667
htail_pos_vert=0.000000
htail_incidence=0.000000
htail_sweep=0.000000
vtail_area=50.000000
vtail_span=8.062258
vtail_sweep=0.000000
vtail_pos_lon=-19.166667
vtail_pos_vert=5.833333
elevator_area=70.500000
aileron_area=26.800000
rudder_area=56.200000
elevator_up_limit=26.000825
elevator_down_limit=26.000825
aileron_up_limit=30.000070
aileron_down_limit=30.000070
rudder_limit=30.000070
elevator_trim_limit=19.996227
spoiler_limit=90.0 //59.988681
spoilerons_available=0
aileron_to_spoileron_gain=0.000000
min_ailerons_for_spoilerons=0.000000
min_flaps_for_spoilerons=0.000000

[contact_points]
point.0=1.000000,15.416667,0.000000,-7.333333,1574.803150,0.000000,0.685165,41.100000,0.281711,2.500000,0.667929,5.000000,5.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
point.1=1.000000,-2.916667,-9.000000,-7.333333,1574.803150,1.000000,0.685165,0.000000,0.281741,2.500000,0.667894,5.000000,5.000000,2.000000,0.000000,0.000000
point.2=1.000000,-2.916667,9.000000,-7.333333,1574.803150,2.000000,0.685165,0.000000,0.281741,2.500000,0.667894,5.000000,5.000000,3.000000,0.000000,0.000000
point.3=2.000000,-17.583333,-17.833333,-1.333333,1574.803150,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,5.000000,0.000000,0.000000
point.4=2.000000,-17.583333,17.833333,-1.333333,1574.803150,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,6.000000,0.000000,0.000000
point.5=2.000000,-19.916667,0.000000,-2.000000,1574.803150,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,9.000000,0.000000,0.000000
point.6=2.000000,15.416667,0.000000,-2.000000,1574.803150,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,4.000000,0.000000,0.000000
static_pitch=0.000000
static_cg_height=7.335144
gear_system_type=0

[TailHook]
tailhook_length=4.0 // Length, in feet
tailhook_position=-20.0, 0.0, 0.0 // longitudinal, lateral, vertical position
cable_force_adjust=1.0

[Flaps.0]
type=1
span-outboard=0.500000
extending-time=5.000000
system_type=0
flaps-position.0=0.000000,0.000000
flaps-position.1=13.330818,0.000000
flaps-position.2=26.661636,0.000000
flaps-position.3=39.992454,0.000000

[GeneralEngineData]
engine_type=1
Engine.0=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
fuel_flow_scalar=1.000000
min_throttle_limit=0.010010

[TurbineEngineData]
fuel_flow_gain=0.002170
inlet_area=27.964440
rated_N2_rpm=29920.000000
static_thrust=28057.600000
afterburner_available=1
reverser_available=1

[Reference Speeds]
flaps_up_stall_speed = 142.0 //Knots True (KTAS)
full_flaps_stall_speed = 113.0 //Knots True (KTAS)
cruise_speed=663.871233
max_indicated_speed=2000.000000
max_mach=2.200000
[keyboard_response]
elevator=150.000000,250.000000
aileron=150.000000,250.000000
rudder=150.000000,250.000000

[Views]
eyepoint=15.327674,0.000000,3.165498

[autopilot]
autopilot_available=1
flight_director_available=0
default_vertical_speed=1800.000000
autothrottle_available=1
autothrottle_arming_required=0
autothrottle_takeoff_ga=0
autothrottle_max_rpm=90.000000
pitch_takeoff_ga=8.000000
max_pitch=10.000000
max_pitch_acceleration=1.000000
max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt=2.000000
max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt=1.500000
max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint=20000.000000
max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint=28000.000000
max_bank=25.000000
max_bank_acceleration=1.800000
max_bank_velocity=3.000000
max_throttle_rate=0.100000
nav_proportional_control=9.000000
nav_integrator_control=0.250000
nav_derivative_control=0.000000
nav_integrator_boundary=2.500000
nav_derivative_boundary=0.000000
gs_proportional_control=9.520000
gs_integrator_control=0.260000
gs_derivative_control=0.000000
gs_integrator_boundary=0.700000
gs_derivative_boundary=0.000000
yaw_damper_gain=0.000000

[direction_indicators]
direction_indicator.0=3,0

[EFFECTS]
wake=fx_wake
water=fx_spray
dirt=fx_tchdrt
concrete=fx_sparks
touchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
//6=taxi light, 7=recognition light, 8=wing light, 9=logo light
// Z, X, Y
light.0=3, -0.98, 0.00, 4.53, fx_navred ,
light.1=2, -0.98, 0.00, 4.53, fx_strobe ,
light.2=3, 19.85, 0.00, -2.62, fx_navred ,
light.3=2, 19.85, 0.00, -2.62, fx_strobe ,

light.4=3, -21.62, 18.67, -0.69, fx_navgre ,
light.5=3, -14.67, 14.76, -0.75, fx_navgre ,
light.6=3, -21.62, -18.67, -0.69, fx_navred ,
light.7=3, -14.67, -14.76, -0.75, fx_navred ,

light.8=3, -25.75, 2.79, -0.69, fx_navwhi ,
light.9=3, -25.75, -2.79, -0.69, fx_navwhi ,

//fx_efaburner = normal point + (Y)3.76
//light.10=6, -25.30, 0.00, 4.91, fx_efaburner
[brakes]
toe_brakes_scale=2.225925
parking_brake=1
[gear_warning_system]
gear_warning_available=0
pct_throttle_limit=0.000000
flap_limit_power=0.000000
flap_limit_idle=0.000000
[hydraulic_system]
normal_pressure=0.000000
[stall_warning]
type=1
[attitude_indicators]
attitude_indicator.0=1
[turn_indicators]
turn_indicator.0=1,0

The above aircraft.cfg file has been edited so now the Viggen has a virtual tailhook. You won't be able to see the tailhook but it is fully functional. I've tested it, you will be able to catch a wire and walk away alive 😂

Of course you have to assign a key(combination) for the tailhook to function. <Shift+T> is an easy one to remember.

I've adjusted the spoiler_limit so it is more effective now.

In case you don't know, after extracting the contents of f-14_ge-f110-ge-400_the_real_deal.zip into a temporary folder, copy and paste the sound folder as it is into the aircraft of your choice. That's it.

If you have problems or something is unclear (due to my hazy mind), let us know and we'll sort it out. Hack

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Tailhook i've had a look at my carrier2006 setup, when i select "carrier" in the country section in create a flight, the ocean flatten file box actually gives me a selection of 46 carriers of which only about 18 are there as you stated. I don't think i'll ever understand this carrier thing 😕 !

Welshflyer this is a mystery indeed, could it be that we have two different packages with the same filename?

Your statement "I don't think i'll ever understand this carrier thing 😕" is taking the shine away from your effort so far with carriers and the "Rcb gauge thing".

You've made it so easy, thanks a lot. It's easy to lose perspective considering the amount of instructions and steps contained in the file. Thanks to your encouragement I realized that the cat and arrcab functions could be installed without bothering with the rest to begin with.
I ran out of patience after a long day and I couldn't get the gauge to show up. Couldn't remember and couldn't be bothered to dig for the info that explains how to change the variables, so in the end I just pasted the section you posted earlier on into the .cfg and the gauge was there!
Been having heaps of fun since 😀

Made a little discovery: I've had the F4U-7 Corsair in my hangar ever since it's been released and was aware that it has a tailhook. Haven't been able to use it for carrier ops though for obvious reasons until now. I was about to edit the panel.cfg to get the gauge into the cockpit when I found a second panel.cfg already prepared for carrier ops. What a beauty!!! Everything works like a charm. That Viking BTW is a good a/c to practice landings on the carrier - easy to control and slow enough to do tight corners without stalling.

My next project will be to put tailhooks on a B-17 and a C-130. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

If you are looking for a good carrier that is scenery check out simviation.com and search FS2004 CVN65 DEMO Puerto Rico Carrier. Because it is only a demo there is only one location, but you still get a nice carrier. One other note is that there are no AI planes on the carrier. I imagine that if you put it together with rcbco-20.zip you will have a sweet naval aviation set-up! Now we can all rock like Tom Cruise in Top Gun! 😳

I couldn't agree more with the carrier you're suggesting. It looks very good and is easy on the frames. 👍

I haven't seen another freeware carrier which lets you choose between to cats and the elevator.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Tailhook i'm really glad i could help and that everything worked out. After all you've helped me out enough in the past. 😀

I was just wondering if 3wire Aircraft Carrier Simulator v2 is a good alternative to rcbco-20.zip. Does anybody how it launches planes off of carriers compared to the rcbco-20 method? Is it easier to install? There are so many routes one can take in making carriers operational in Fs2004. Read Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Well, as you've probably seen in the readme, the 3wire requires .NET FRAMEWORKv1.1. I was about to have a look at it when I realized that I already have deleted .NET FRAMEWORKv1.1. because I have v2.0 on my system.
Now the 3wire setup.exe won't recognize v2.0 and insists on v1.1 😳
I don't know if there is a workaround - but if you have .NET FRAMEWORKv1.1., give it a try because the Operating Handbook will only materialize once you've run the .exe.

If your results are positive, fill us in. If not, get stuck into rcbco-20 - it's not that difficult after all. The idea is to move the contents of the Addon Scenery, Effects, Gauges, Modules and Sound folders into their respective destinations in fs9.
This process has to be done only once.
Now it's a matter of putting the gauge for launching and landing into one of your favourite panels. That's just a matter of editing the panel.cfg which has been described very well.
Now that you've got the cat gauge in your panel, choose an aircraft that already has a tailhook so you won't have to add one. That's it.
There's more to the rcbco-20 setup, but this is all you need to launch and land. 😀

Pro Member Trainee
414David Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

[

If you have problems or something is unclear (due to my hazy mind), let us know and we'll sort it out. Hack

😀

There, now my J37 got a voice and a face thanks man you have really helped a lot. I haven't attended my english calss in two weeks, to be honest im quite affraid to go back but i'll simply tell him that during theese two weeks i have learned so many new things, in english, that he should be proud.. do you think he will buy it? I doubt it as he is an grumpy bitter englishman who hates the french and loves Chelsea...

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

After all the nice things we've been saying about RCB gauges i've hit a problem! I've downloaded a stunning A-4 Skyhawk but was'nt really happy with the panel so i changed it to one with a better overall view (as you do).I did everything the same as with every other panel i've used them with and do you think i can get the cat /tailhook gauge to appear? Not a chance,the meatball HUD i can get in the instrument/panel options, but no cat gauge.Oh and if you taxi too fast and it tips over ,it rolls forever and you have to reset FS9.
Apart from that it looks great! 😳

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

PS Tailhook, there's a new carrier download at Avsim. If you just type in Ark Royal in the search, you will get the "old" Ark from the 70's, our last "real" carrier (not the new crap heli/harrier thing). It's a bit of a bind to install but it's in 4 locations,the Med/Norway/Mayport and the Channel, and it comes with 2 options, aircraft on deck or not. Don't think you'd get a 747 off it though it seems much smaller than your US carriers 😞 !
Don't forget to download the updated AFCADS! 😀 Or start swimming.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hey Welshflyer, good to see you're still in this thread.

First to some of the folks that contributed a bit further up: The 3wire setup does have a steam gauge. I've read most of the Handbook but not installed anything yet.
As mentioned earlier, the 3wire requires .NET FRAMEWORKv1.1. According to the Handbook, v1.1 is actually a part of WindowsXP SP2, so most of us should have it, just have a look in Control Panel / Add Remove Programs.
I had ditched version 1.1 thinking that my version 2.0 would cover everything. Not so.
So I re-installed version 1.1 -- yes, now I have both versions installed, was thus able to run the 3wire .exe which is the only way to access the Handbook. Don't even try to install or work with 3wire without reading the Handbook.

The program includes a gauge for the nose wheel steam and in order to make it work, the respective aircraft.cfg has to be edited a little.

For those who'd like to know more, just download the file, do the README thing first, and run the setup.exe.
If you decide it's not your thing, de-installation is just a matter of deleting the 3wire program folder. Easy.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

After all the nice things we've been saying about RCB gauges i've hit a problem! I've downloaded a stunning A-4 Skyhawk but was'nt really happy with the panel so i changed it to one with a better overall view (as you do).I did everything the same as with every other panel i've used them with and do you think i can get the cat /tailhook gauge to appear? Not a chance,the meatball HUD i can get in the instrument/panel options, but no cat gauge.Oh and if you taxi too fast and it tips over ,it rolls forever and you have to reset FS9.
Apart from that it looks great! 😳

Which panel is it Welshflyer? I might already have it - wouldn't mind poking around a bit Hack

Meanwhile:

I've installed the Ark Royal, it looks pretty and hey guys, it's got steam coming out of it!
Something's gone wrong though and I can't figure it out Wall Bashing

Updated the AFCADs and went for the ArkwithAircraft .BGLs. Everything seems to be loading all right - starting in 2D panel view safely on the deck. But before I can get set, the view changes to Spot view, there is a noise as if the gear collapsed (but it didn't) and after a few more seconds the whole thing happens all over again. The only way to get out of it is by Esc, then I see in the Create A Flight window my Selected Location has changed to 'Ocean Flatten' 😳

I didn't deviate from the Instructions in any way... when I activated the scenery though, I got a bit impatient and attempted to activate all 4 carriers at once. I exited, went back to the activation process and now activated the OF folder. May be that's where I went wrong. It's doing my head in, I'll start from the beginning

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It's a good looking carrier ➡

...if you can get it to work. Hack Wall Bashing Hack Wall Bashing Wall Bashing Hack Wall Bashing Wall Bashing Wall Bashing

I give up for the time being. I've tried everything... time to find some medication. 😁

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Sorry to hear about your Ark Royal problems Tailhook(mine's working fine 😕 ). The panel is the" FS2004 A-4 Skyhawk panel" by Bob Chicilo from simviation 961kb.Panels page 15, fifth down!

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Tailhook, i've been trying to find out the cause of your problem and i cant come up with anything! I activated all the scenery at the same time, instead of one by one as well,but it works fine, well, at least one does i have'nt tried the other three( i used the one in the Channel).I did a launch and a trap and it all went OK(after a couple of bolters that is).The only thing i can think of is did you put the new "OF" file at the top of the addon scenery(i know you did but i'm trying to figure all options 😀 ).

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Yes I did Welshflyer, thanks for your effort.

I'm still stuck on the idea that the ocean flatten files of carrier2006 and Ark collide somehow. But then, you've got both installed as well.
Strange though that my other carriers don't have OF files 🤔

Don't waste any more time on it unless you accidentally find 'enlightenment' 😀

I've got the A-4 panel, haven't checked it out yet though. Give me a few thousand minutes.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

All right, I've got it right in the top/left corner as illustrated below:

You probably want it inside the cockpit Embarassed ..not sure if I've got the HUD right. But the CAT/Tailhook gauge works and the aircraft behaves impeccably. BTW, I put it in the Intruder for this experiment. Try this for a crude solution:

// This Panel.cfg file created by CfgEdit
// Built Friday, January 31, 2003 at 08:49 Build:15090

Altered by Bob Chicilo April 4, 2005.

[Window Titles]
Window00=Panel
Window01=Throttle
window02=Autopilot
Window03=GPS
Window04=Radios
Window05=Meatball

[Window00]
file=A-4panel.bmp
file_1024=A-4panel.bmp
size_mm=1024
window_size_ratio=1.00
position=0
visible=1
ident=main_panel

gauge00=Mil_AOA_Indicator, 369,372,28
gauge01=b58_generic.starter.1, 777,735,29
gauge02=SimIcons!Avionics Icon, 425, 731, 20,20
gauge03=SimIcons!GPS Icon, 447, 749, 20,20
gauge04=Pel_Sr71.TDIalt, 559,286,48
gauge05=Pel_Sr71.TDIkias, 420,285,48
gauge06=Pel_Sr71.TDImach, 495,394,35
gauge07=Lear_45!Nav GPS Switch, 588, 605,
gauge08=f15pan3, 287,524,25
gauge09=mil_RMI, 313,646,111
gauge10=AV8B.stall, 328,508,48
gauge11=b52v2.stall, 676,519,48
gauge12=AV8B.park, 427,670,31
gauge13=fsd_warn.overspeed, 395,526,39
gauge14=AV8B.lowfuel, 428,690,29
gauge15=AV8B.Gear, 168,679,52
gauge16=propliner.flaps, 151,713,55
gauge17=ConcPJD-Mach, 206,715,52
gauge18=dbmf1altimeter, 235,635,77
gauge19=dbmf1airsp, 232,554,86
gauge20=fsd_rf4.gmeter, 464,667,70
gauge21=lynxradalt1, 531,668,100
gauge22=fsd_rf4.rpm.1, 610,593,62
gauge23=F-16 Eng1-N1, 625,653,67
gauge24=b52v2.oil.1, 674,575,69
gauge25=AV8B.airbrk, 745,608,55
gauge26=111ful, 596,524,70
gauge27=TD727EGT1, 690,652,67
gauge28=F1Attitude, 352,561,90
gauge29=bell_206b!Vertical Speed, 262,716,53
gauge30=KingAir!Landing_Gear, 198,632,30,56
gauge31=hg_trim_dig2!Digital Trim w Reset, 666,547,50,23
gauge32=f162k_aoaind, 362,361,38,71
gauge33=SimIcons!ECU Icon, 588, 642, 20,20
gauge34=rcb-gauges!F14EffectControl, 0,0
gauge35=rcb-miljet!Icon_Ball, HOR,VERT,12,12
gauge36=dsd_catapult!catapult,HOR,VERT,80,60,300155
gauge37=dsd_arrester!arrester,HOR,VERT,46,40

[Window01]
Background_color=16,16,16
size_mm=90,100
window_size_ratio=1.00
window_pos=0.474,0.703
visible=1
ident=Throttle_panel

gauge00=F-16 Power, 0,4,75,

[Window02]
size_mm=180,46
window_pos=0.350,0.590
window_size=0.300,0.082
visible=1
ident=AUTO_PILOT

gauge00=f162k_autopilot, 0,0,180,46

[Window03]
size_mm=358
window_size_ratio=1.00
position=6
visible=0
ident=GPS_panel

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 1,1,358,355

[Window04]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2
size_mm=156,268
position=8
visible=0
ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL

gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 0, 0
gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0, 29
gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, 0, 86
gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0, 142
gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, 0, 180
gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 0, 217

[Window05]
size_mm=240,240
window_size= 0.3,0.4 // Size: 30% screen width, 40% screen height
window_pos= 0.35, 0.0 // Top-Left corner at: 35% horizontal, 0% vertical
background_color=0,0,0
visible=0
ident=10011
gauge01=dsd_carrier_zones!zone_selection, 10,0,200,14

[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8191
SIZE_Y=5417

🍻

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Thanks for your efforts Tailhook, i'll give it a try!

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Tailhook, i don't know if this is part of your problem but i was browsing the new files section at Avsim and there is a "missing bgl file" for the Mayport Ark Royal there, which i can't seem to download at the moment!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Good catch Welshflyer, this could be it 😎
I'd given up on the Ark and actually got rid of it in disgust but now curiosity is getting the better of me again.

Just saw another .bgl update arkroyal2.zip - the readme file in that .zip could contain the answer to the riddle.
Welshflyer if you have your Crashdetection turned off, that would explain why my aircraft kept falling through the deck 🤔

More to tinker with - it never ends, does it 😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Funny you should say that Tailhook i do have it turned off(crash detection that is), But i have another strange problem with the Waikato Carrier that i have just added. It shows up fine, but whenever i try to fly from it i am in the hanger deck, i have tried to taxi to the elevator but nothing happens when on it! It surely does never end! 😳 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You're a brave man indeed, there must be about 500 incarnations and packages of Waikatos all over the place. I'll find a suitable one one of these days.
Let us know if the turning on of crash detection solves your problem with the Waikato 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Brave!!!!! Stupid as Censored more like, when i could be cruising at 35,000ft taking it easy pumping up my hours for my VA! 😀 .I just love my carrier flying, now that's real simming! Do i go for the trap or do i do a bolter? Do i live or die(virtually), no ILS ,find a postage stamp and try to land on it!Tailhook we must be mad! 😳 because trying to figure out this whole carrier thing is madness itself! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Roger that Welshflyer, the madness just found yet another way of manifesting itself 😳

What a thrill! The Ark is working The arkroyal2.zip did the trick. So with all the excitement that my a/c didn't fall through the deck I forgot to arm the cat and ended up in the drink anyway ROFL ROFL

Sanity in tact - pride slightly dented...

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

I'm glad you finally got it sorted Tailhook! 😀
You can stop doing this now Hack !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

This is a great carrier

BTW Welshflyer you're really missing out with your crash detection disabled. If you enable it, you'll need this file.

From the Readme:

These new bgl’s will alleviate the “building crash” issues, for those that like to have crash detection on in the sim
Crash detection has now been turned off for the hull and the parked aircraft for those that
have the bgl’s installed with aircraft on deck.

The modeler has left crash detection on for the island as this was the most requested option from the posts he made in the forums.

Go on -- be a sport Tee Hee

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Hmmm, perhaps i'll give it a try, the only reason it's off is because i hate waiting, especially when there's about 15 aircraft waiting to take off in front of me. 😞 I have an addon that came free on a disc with PC Pilot magazine called crash effects that i think (if you really cock it up) throws bits of your aircraft all over the place and creates a fire ball on crashing, i might dig it out and see what happens! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

How cool is this screenie 😳

Someone else could be doing a bit of waiting here. Yes, apparently this IS a screenshot.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

😳 😳 😳 No way is that a screenshot ❗I think someone's got screenshot and photograph mixed up ❗ 😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Tailhook, thanks to your modified cfg i now have the cat gauge in my A4 😀 , i've switched crash detection on and so far have one successful landing under my belt 😳 ! Thanks for the help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Good to hear Welshflyer, now for some fun!

Fly Ito's Intruder and set your flaps, extend tailhook but pretend the gear won't extend 😳 Belly landing! You can still catch a wire and come to a stop -- but that's not all Twisted Evil

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Just tried 3 times but just bounced along the deck i'll have to try again!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Well you switched the crash detection back OFF again - did you?

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Nope, crash detection is still switched on! Perhaps it's because i did'nt catch a wire, i should have though cos i dragged the tailhook over the fantail. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You might be missing the .bmps in your Effects/Texture folder.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Could be, but i'm intrigued at what's coming! 😕 And my round the world's on hold because of it! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That was the bone I had to pick with you -- the round the world tour. We're all suffering from withdrawal symptoms here. That tour is priority number one of course.

I'll upload the .bmps and something else you might like with instructions and links via PM.

Now get to work and take some screenies

😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

I'll try and get some done asap! 😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Tailhook, i've installed the carriers and textures you kindly sent me,the carriers look great 😀 , i've again tried K Itos' intruder with no gear and just tailhook down but it just buries itself in the deck announces crash and then resets itself. I'm obviously missing something here!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Yeah, it's probably better with the gear extended -- for some reason I couldn't achieve any decent havoc results today, so in my frustration I decided to approach the wrong way around -- the deck crew scrambled and the skipper dropped his cigar in his lap Twisted Evil

Over she goes

No survivors.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Beautiful shots i gotta try some of that! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Now you're just being polite. The shots are terrible and the pilot is even worse.

Don't know why I bothered with the tailhook in the first place 😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

I've seen a lot worse shots than that my friend, i'm still trying to get the effects to work 😀 !

Is this the longest thread ever on flyawaysimulation? 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

I've seen a lot worse shots than that my friend, i'm still trying to get the effects to work 😀 !

It just occurred to me -- you might be missing this line in your aircraft.cfg:

visual_damage=1

It will only be effective for the textures you add it to. In other words, If you have a total of 6 different textures for one aircraft, you have to add this same line 6 times - one for each texture.

😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I just added this to make it a bit longer 😀 !

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Oh ,by the way Tailhook, i added the visual damage line and had a little bit of flame when i crashed in the sea the other day (on purpose), so it's getting there.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I think I've figured out why you've been dragging your feet with those damage and crash effects Welshflyer...

Your flightsim addiction has reached the stage where at times you can't differenciate between the virtual and the 'real'. (I'm always hesitant to use the word 'real' for some reason.)

Don't worry, I can testify that even if your a/c explodes in a ball of fire with you still in it -- you'll be able to walk away... hey, I'm the living proof

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

How about a trade Welshflyer, are you a bartering man?

I didn't want to mess up your Around the World with the US Navy! topic too much and since this has to do with tailhook equipped a/c, namely the Goshawk in 'Blue Angels' livery, I thought I post it here.
Let me explain: I'd been flying the Goshawk but got annoyed with the sinking nose wheel and the fact that I hadn't put the CAT Arm gauge into the panel yet. After having had a closer look at your screenies I realised that we have the same panel ...and lo and behold 😳 ... the same aircraft. I didn't even know I had the 'Blue Angels' livery.

I'll trade you my aircraft.cfg for your panel.cfg -- look at the nose wheel:

Before:

After:

...deal? It's called 'Sharing the workload' I think 🤔

😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

No sooner read than done 😀
// This Panel.cfg file created by FS Panel Studio panel editor utility - http://www.fspanelstudio.com
// Built Tuesday, August 23, 2005 at 00:20 FSPS Build:14852

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main Panel
Window01=RHPanel
Window02=Throttle Console
Window03=GPS
Window04=PFD
Window05=HUD
window06=Meatball

[VIEWS]
VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,20,30,GPS,40,60

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=5.000, 0.000, 0.000

[Window00]
file=T45_main.bmp
file_1024=T45_main.bmp
size_mm=1024
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=7
visible=1
ident=MAIN_PANEL
window_size= 1.000, 1.000
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

gauge00=T45_Gauges!PFD, 285,544,186,173
gauge01=T45_Gauges!HSI, 554,542,183,172
gauge02=T45_Gauges!Airspeed Indicator, 282,422,78,78
gauge03=T45_Gauges!Attitude Indicator, 147,672,86,82
gauge04=T45_Gauges!Fuel Gauge, 892,612,74,74
gauge05=T45_Gauges!Hawk_TGT, 894,519,75,75
gauge06=T45_Clock, 145,467,83,82
gauge07=T45_Gauges!VSI Indicator, 822,475,67,67
gauge08=T45_Gauges!APU, 442,340,25,25
gauge09=T45_Gauges!Engine Autostart, 442,430,25,25
gauge10=T45_Gauges!Fuel Pump, 442,385,25,25
gauge11=T45_Gauges!AP Alt Adjust, 575,340,25,25
gauge12=T45_Gauges!AP HDG Adjust, 575,385,25,25
gauge13=T45_Gauges!AP IAS Adjust, 574,429,25,25
gauge14=T45_Gauges!AP CRS Adjust, 574, 473 ,25,25
gauge15=T45_Gauges!Autopilot, 399,473,25,25
gauge16=T45_Gauges!Autopilot ALT, 531,341,25,25
gauge17=T45_Gauges!Autopilot HDG, 531,385,25,25
gauge18=T45_Gauges!Autopilot IAS, 530,429,25,25
gauge19=T45_Gauges!Autopilot NAV, 530,473,25,25
gauge20=T45_Gauges!Autopilot ILS, 442,473,25,25
gauge21=T45_Gauges!BeaconLights, 487,340,25,25
gauge22=T45_Gauges!LandingLights, 486,385,25,25
gauge23=T45_Gauges!NavLights, 486,429,25,25
gauge24=T45_Gauges!PanelLights, 486,473,25,25
gauge25=T45_Gauges!Autothrottle, 621,451,25,25
gauge26=T45.ADF, 26,560,80,83
gauge27=T45_Gauges!Spoiler Light, 248,428,19,26
gauge28=T45_AOA, 659,410,28,85
gauge29=Lear_45!Nose Gear Light, 889,698,27,27
gauge30=Lear_45!Left Gear Light, 861,698,27,27
gauge31=Lear_45!Right Gear Light, 916,698,27,27
gauge32=T45.TRIM, 245,460,22,39
gauge33=T45_Gauges!Altitude Indicator, 148,558,80,80
gauge34=T45_Gauges!HUD Switch, 388,342,34,36
gauge35=T45_Gauges!Altitude Knob, 140,625,24,24
gauge36=T45_Gauges!G Force Indicator, 23,666,82,82
gauge37=T45.RPM1, 816,556,76
gauge38=rcb-miljet!Icon_Ball, 312,227,12,13
gauge39=dsd_catapult!catapult, 0,330,66,30,300150
gauge40=dsd_arrester!arrester, 0,300,40,30

[Window01]
file=t1_rhpanel.bmp
file_1024=t1_rhpanel.bmp
size_mm=358
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=20
window_size= 0.247, 0.720
window_pos= 0.760, 0.280

gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 18,216,322,85
gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 18,97,321,121
gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 13,448,330,104
gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 18,1,322,98
gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 13,549,329,65
gauge05=T45_Gauges!Beacon Lights Switch, 140,629,22,22
gauge06=T45_Gauges!Panel Lights Switch, 174,629,22,22
gauge07=T45_Gauges!Landing Light Switch, 214,629,22,22
gauge08=T45_Gauges!Navigation Lights Switch, 252,629,22,22
gauge09=T45_Gauges!Battery Switch, 189,328,30,30
gauge10=T45_Gauges!Engine Starter, 68,371,30,30
gauge11=T45_Gauges!Engine_Cutoff, 233,328,30,30

[Window02]
file=t1_throttlepanel.bmp
file_1024=t1_throttlepanel.bmp
size_mm=307
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=30
window_size= 0.250, 0.800
window_pos= 0.000, 0.210

gauge00=lear_45.thrust_levers.1, 48,408,199,304
gauge01=T45_Gauges!Elevator Trim Indicator, 101,26,82,82
gauge02=T45_Gauges!Fuel Pressure Indicator, 187,27,82,82
gauge03=T45_Gauges!Fuel Quantity Indicator, 187,110,82,82
gauge04=T45_Gauges!Fuel Quantity Indicator 2, 187,193,82,82
gauge05=T45_Gauges!Fuel Flow Indicator, 187,275,82,82

[Window03]
size_mm=150,250
position=8
visible=0
ident=GPS

gauge00=gps!gps, 0,0,150,250

[Window04]
file=PFD.bmp
file_1024=PFD.bmp
size_mm=1024
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=40
window_size= 0.740, 0.500
window_pos= 0.140, 0.510

gauge00=T45_Gauges!expand, 82,24,25,25
gauge01=T45_Gauges!HSI, 574,66,382,346
gauge02=T45_Gauges!PFD, 64,67,382,341

[Window05]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=256
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=1
ident=60
window_size= 0.240, 0.340
window_pos= 0.380, 0.090

gauge00=T45_Gauges!HUD Night, 0,0,256,256
[Window06]
size_mm=240,240
window_size= 0.30,0.40
window_pos= 0.34,0.00
background_color=0,0,0
visible=0
ident=10011

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=256,256
visible=0
pixel_size=256,256
texture=$hud

gauge00=T45_Gauges!HUD Night, 0,0,256,256

[Vcockpit02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$vc_main

gauge00=T45_Gauges!AP Alt Adjust, 575,468,25,25
gauge01=T45_Gauges!StairsControl, 12,175,20,20
gauge02=T45_Gauges!FlapsControl, 37,176,20,20
gauge03=T45_Gauges!vortices, 1,1,1,1
gauge04=T45_Gauges!Smoke, 1,1,1,1
gauge05=T45_Gauges!PFD, 285,672,186,173
gauge06=T45_Gauges!HSI, 554,670,183,172
gauge07=T45_Gauges!Airspeed Indicator, 282,550,78,78
gauge08=T45_Gauges!Attitude Indicator, 147,800,86,82
gauge09=T45_Gauges!Fuel Gauge, 892,740,74,74
gauge10=T45_Gauges!Hawk_TGT, 894,647,75,75
gauge11=T45_Clock, 145,595,83,82
gauge12=T45_Gauges!VSI Indicator, 822,603,67,67
gauge13=T45_Gauges!APU, 442,468,25,25
gauge14=T45_Gauges!Engine Autostart, 442, 558 ,25,25
gauge15=T45_Gauges!Fuel Pump, 442,513,25,25
gauge16=T45_Gauges!AP HDG Adjust, 575,513,25,25
gauge17=T45_Gauges!AP IAS Adjust, 574,557,25,25
gauge18=T45_Gauges!AP CRS Adjust, 574,601,25,25
gauge19=T45_Gauges!Autopilot, 399,601,25,25
gauge20=T45_Gauges!Autopilot ALT, 531,469,25,25
gauge21=T45_Gauges!Autopilot HDG, 531,513,25,25
gauge22=T45_Gauges!Autopilot IAS, 530,557,25,25
gauge23=T45_Gauges!Autopilot NAV, 530,601,25,25
gauge24=T45_Gauges!Autopilot ILS, 442,601,25,25
gauge25=T45_Gauges!BeaconLights, 487,468,25,25
gauge26=T45_Gauges!LandingLights, 486,513,25,25
gauge27=T45_Gauges!NavLights, 486,557,25,25
gauge28=T45_Gauges!PanelLights, 486,601,25,25
gauge29=T45_Gauges!Autothrottle, 621,579,25,25
gauge30=T45.ADF, 26,688,80,83
gauge31=T45_Gauges!Spoiler Light, 248,556,19,26
gauge32=T45_AOA, 659,538,28,85
gauge33=Lear_45!Nose Gear Light, 889,826,27,27
gauge34=Lear_45!Left Gear Light, 861,826,27,27
gauge35=Lear_45!Right Gear Light, 916,826,27,27
gauge36=T45.TRIM, 245,588,22,39
gauge37=T45_Gauges!Altitude Indicator, 148,686,80,80
gauge38=T45_Gauges!HUD Switch, 388,470,34,36
gauge39=T45_Gauges!Altitude Knob, 140,753,24,24
gauge40=T45_Gauges!G Force Indicator, 23,794,82,82
gauge41=T45.RPM1, 816,684,76,76

[Color]
Day=255,255,255
Night=255,128,64
Luminous=255,128,0

[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8192
SIZE_Y=4414

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You're a champ 🍻

Here's the aircraft.cfg

[fltsim.0]
title=BAe Hawk T-45C Clean
sim=T-45C
model=clean
panel=
sound=
texture=navy
panel_alias=
sound_alias=
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=
atc_id_color = 0xffffffff
atc_parking_types atc_parking_code = 1
atc_airline=NAVY
atc_flight_number=167
ui_manufacturer = BAE Systems T-45C Goshawk
ui_type=US Navy
ui_variation=Clean Loadout
description=© DSB Design 2004\n\nBoeing/BAE Systems T-45C Goshawk\nRole: Advanced Trainer & Light Attack\nCountry of Origin: United Kingdom
atc_heavy=0

[fltsim.1]
title=BAe Hawk T-45C BDU-33
sim=T-45C
model=bdu33
panel=
sound=
texture=navy
panel_alias=
sound_alias=
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=
atc_airline=NAVY
atc_flight_number=167
ui_type=US Navy
ui_variation=BDU-33 Loadout
description=© DSB Design 2004\n\nBoeing/BAE Systems T-45C Goshawk\nRole: Advanced Trainer & Light Attack\nCountry of Origin: United Kingdom
atc_heavy=0

[fltsim.2]
title=BAe Hawk T-45C Clean (USMC)
sim=T-45C
model=clean
panel=
sound=
texture=marines
panel_alias=
sound_alias=
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=
atc_airline=NAVY
atc_flight_number=167
ui_type=US Marine Corps
ui_variation=Clean Loadout
atc_heavy=0

[fltsim.3]
title=BAe Hawk T-45C BDU-33 (USMC)
sim=T-45C
model=bdu33
panel=
sound=
texture=marines
panel_alias=
sound_alias=
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=
atc_airline=NAVY
atc_flight_number=167
ui_type=US Marine Corps
ui_variation=BDU-33 Loadout
atc_heavy=0

[fltsim.4]
title=BAe Hawk T-45C Blue Angels
sim=T-45C
model=clean
panel=
sound=
texture=blueangels
panel_alias=
sound_alias=
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=
atc_airline=NAVY
atc_flight_number=167
ui_type=US Navy
ui_variation=Blue Angels Display Team
atc_heavy=0

//-----------------------------------

[General]
atc_type=BOEING
atc_model=T-45
editable=1
performance=Flight Model by David Brice & David Friswell\n\nLength overall: 38ft 10in (11.85m)\nWing span: 30ft 10in (9.39m)\nWing area: 179.6 sq ft (16.69m²)\nHeight overall: 13ft 2in (4.00m)\nBasic Mass Empty 8,000lb (3,636kg)\nMax Take-Off weight 12,566lb (5,700kg)\nPowerplant: 1x Rolls-Royce/Turbomeca Adour Mk.151\nStatis Thrust 5,200lb\n\nMax.level speed: 540kts (Mach 0.82)\n

[lights]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0 = 3, -1.7, -14.3, -1.05, fx_navred
light.1 = 3, -1.7, 14.3, -1.05, fx_navgre
light.2 = 1, 1.30, 0, 3.33, fx_beacon
light.3 = 1, -7.61, 0, -1.91, fx_beacon
light.4 = 3, -15.41, 0, 1.08, fx_navwhi
light.5 = 4, 11.41, 0, 1.09, fx_hawk_vclight_orange
light.6 = 4, 5.20, 0, 2.80, fx_hawk_vclight_orange
light.7 = 2, -10, -14.2, 0, fx_Vortices
light.8 = 2, -10, 14.2, 0, fx_Vortices

[fuel]
LeftMain = 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 218.00, 0.00
RightMain = 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 218.00, 0.00
fuel_type = 2
number_of_tank_selectors = 2
electric_pump = 0

[folding_wings]
wing_fold_system_type = 4
fold_rates = 5.0, 5.0

[Views]
eyepoint=10.00, 0, 1.50

[exits]
number_of_exits = 1
exit_rate.0 = 0.4

[Flaps.0]
type=1
span-outboard=0.500
extending-time=3.000
system_type=1
damaging-speed= 240.000
blowout-speed= 280.000
lift_scalar= 0.350
drag_scalar= 0.450
pitch_scalar= 1.000
flaps-position.0=0.0
flaps-position.1=30.0
flaps-position.2=60.0
flaps-position.3=90.0

[Flaps.1]
type= 2
span-outboard= 0.500
extending-time= 3.000
system_type= 1
damaging-speed= 240.000
blowout-speed= 280.000
lift_scalar= 0.000
drag_scalar= 0.000
pitch_scalar= 0.000
flaps-position.0= 0.000, 0.000
flaps-position.1= 15.000, 0.000
flaps-position.2= 30.000, 0.000
flaps-position.3= 50.000, 0.000

[Flaps.2]
type= 2
span-outboard= 0.500
extending-time= 3.000
system_type= 1
damaging-speed= 240.000
blowout-speed= 280.000
lift_scalar= 0.000
drag_scalar= 0.000
pitch_scalar= 0.000
flaps-position.0= 0.000, 0.000
flaps-position.1= 15.000, 0.000
flaps-position.2= 30.000, 0.000
flaps-position.3= 50.000, 0.000

[GeneralEngineData]
engine_type=1
Engine.0=-8.000000,0.000000,0.000000
fuel_flow_scalar=1.000000
min_throttle_limit=-0.30

[TurbineEngineData]
fuel_flow_gain=0.002170
inlet_area=6.247200
rated_N2_rpm=29920.000000
static_thrust=9000.000000
afterburner_available=0
reverser_available=0

[contact_points]
max_number_of_points = 10
//----------GEAR POINTS
point.0 = 1, 15.00, 0.000, -5.850, 36000.000, 0, 0.572, 38.58, 0.221, 2.500, 0.752, 5, 5, 0, 0, 0 //----- Nose Gear
point.1 = 1, 1.000, -5.000, -5.950, 36000.000, 1, 0.572, 0.000, 0.821, 1.200, 0.552, 5, 5, 2, 0, 0 //----- Left Gear
point.2 = 1, 1.000, 5.000, -5.950, 36000.000, 2, 0.572, 0.000, 0.821, 1.200, 0.552, 5, 5, 3, 0, 0 //----- Right Gear
//----------SCRAPE POINTS
point.3 = 2, -1.600, -14.200, -1.050, 1525, 0, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0, 0, 5, 0, 0 //----- Left Wingtip
point.4 = 2, -1.600, 14.200, -1.050, 1525, 0, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0, 0, 6, 0, 0 //----- Right Wingtip
point.5 = 2, -13.500, 0.000, 8.000, 1525, 0, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0 //----- Tail Top
point.6 = 2, -15.000, 0.000, -1.200, 1525, 0, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0 //----- Tail Bottom
point.7 = 2, 19.000, 0.000, -1.200, 1525, 0, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0 //----- Nose
point.8 = 2, 15.00, 0.000, -3.000, 1525, 0, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0 //----- Belly #1
point.9 = 2, 1.000, -14.000, -3.000, 1525, 0, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0 //----- Belly #2
point.10 = 2, 1.000, 14.000, -3.000, 1525, 0, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0 //----- Belly #3

static_pitch= 0.0
static_cg_height= 5.8
gear_system_type = 1

[SMOKESYSTEM]
smoke.0 = 0, -0, -0, fx_dsb_hawk_smoke

------------------------------------------

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
reference_datum_position= 0.000, 0.000, 0.000
empty_weight_CG_position= 2.290, 0.000, 0.000
max_number_of_stations=12

station_load.0 = "180.0, 0.0, 15.0, -0.3, left wingtip" //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.1 = "0.0, 0.0, 11.0, -0.5, left pylon 1" //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.2 = "0.0, 0.5, 9.0, -0.5, left pylon 2" //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)

station_load.3 = "0.0, 0.5, -9.0, -1.0, right pylon 1" //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.4 = "0.0, 0.5, -11.0, -0.5, right pylon 2" //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.5 = "180.0, 0.0, -15.0, -0.3, right wingtip" //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)

station_load.6 = "200.0, 11.5, 0.0, 2.0, pilot" //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.6 = "200.0, 8.5, 0.0, 2.0, instructor" //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)

empty_weight= 8950.000
empty_weight_roll_MOI= 12000.000
empty_weight_pitch_MOI= 48000.000
empty_weight_yaw_MOI= 24000.000
empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 4000.000
max_gross_weight= 29900.000
CG_forward_limit= 0.000
CG_aft_limit= 1.000
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[airplane_geometry]
wing_area= 245.000
wing_span= 30.500
wing_root_chord= 7.333
wing_dihedral= 0.000
wing_incidence= -0.494
wing_twist= -1.000
oswald_efficiency_factor= 1.071
wing_winglets_flag= 0
wing_sweep= 0.000
wing_pos_apex_lon= 0.000
wing_pos_apex_vert= 0.000
htail_area= 47.000
htail_span= 14.167
htail_pos_lon= -16.333
htail_pos_vert= 0.000
htail_incidence= 0.000
htail_sweep= 0.000
vtail_area= 40.000
vtail_span= 7.211
vtail_sweep= 0.000
vtail_pos_lon= -16.333
vtail_pos_vert= 5.833
elevator_area= 10.000
aileron_area= 6.880
rudder_area= 3.400
elevator_up_limit= 21.064
elevator_down_limit= 15.772
aileron_up_limit= 9.762
aileron_down_limit= 9.762
rudder_limit= 35.918
elevator_trim_limit= 19.481
spoiler_limit= 59.989
spoilerons_available= 0
aileron_to_spoileron_gain= 0.000
min_ailerons_for_spoilerons= 0.000
min_flaps_for_spoilerons= 0.000
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Reference Speeds]
flaps_up_stall_speed= 79.000
full_flaps_stall_speed= 63.200
cruise_speed= 622.662
max_indicated_speed=1400.000000
max_mach=2.000000
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[keyboard_response]
elevator=150.000000,250.000000
aileron=150.000000,250.000000
rudder=150.000000,250.000000
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[forcefeedback]

stick_shaker_magnitude=15000 ; 0 - 10000
stick_shaker_direction=0 ; 0 - 35999 degrees
stick_shaker_period=111111 ; in microseconds
gear_bump_nose_magnitude=6000 ; 0 - 10000
gear_bump_nose_direction=18000 ; 0 - 35999 degrees
gear_bump_nose_duration=250000 ; in microseconds
gear_bump_left_magnitude=6000 ; 0 - 10000
gear_bump_left_direction=35500 ; 0 - 35999 degrees
gear_bump_left_duration=250000 ; in microseconds
gear_bump_right_magnitude=6000 ; 0 - 10000
gear_bump_right_direction=00500 ; 0 - 35999 degrees
gear_bump_right_duration=250000 ; in microseconds
ground_bumps_magnitude1=1500 ; 0 - 10000
ground_bumps_angle1=8900 ; 0 - 35999 degrees
ground_bumps_intercept1=5.0
ground_bumps_slope1=0.48
ground_bumps_magnitude2=750 ; 0 - 10000
ground_bumps_angle2=9100 ; 0 - 35999 degrees
crash_magnitude1=10000 ; 0 - 10000
crash_direction1=01000 ; 0 - 35999 degrees
crash_magnitude2=10000 ; 0 - 10000
crash_direction2=9000 ; 0 - 35999 degrees
crash_period2=75000 ; in microseconds
crash_duration2=2500000 ; in microseconds
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[pitot_static]
vertical_speed_time_constant = 100

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[autopilot]
autopilot_available=1
flight_director_available= 1
default_vertical_speed=1800.000000
autothrottle_available=1
autothrottle_arming_required=0
autothrottle_takeoff_ga=0
autothrottle_max_rpm=90.000000
pitch_takeoff_ga=8.000000
max_pitch=10.000000
max_pitch_acceleration=1.000000
max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt=2.000000
max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt=1.500000
max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint=20000.000000
max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint=28000.000000
max_bank=25.000000
max_bank_acceleration=1.800000
max_bank_velocity=3.000000
max_throttle_rate=0.100000
nav_proportional_control=9.000000
nav_integrator_control=0.250000
nav_derivative_control=0.000000
nav_integrator_boundary=2.500000
nav_derivative_boundary=0.000000
gs_proportional_control=9.520000
gs_integrator_control=0.260000
gs_derivative_control=0.000000
gs_integrator_boundary=0.700000
gs_derivative_boundary=0.000000
yaw_damper_gain=0.000000

[direction_indicators]
direction_indicator.0=3,0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[electrical]
;BusType, MaxAmpLoad, MinVoltage ;BusTypes:0=MainBus,1=AvionicsBus,2=BatteryBus,3=HotBatteryBus,4-7=Generator/AlternatorBus(1-4)
max_battery_voltage=24.0
min_battery_voltage=24.0
max_generator_alternator_amps=400.0
generator_alternator_voltage=28.0

flap_motor = 0, 5 , 17.0
gear_motor = 0, 5 , 17.0
autopilot = 0, 5 , 17.0
avionics_bus = 0, 10, 17.0
avionics = 1, 5 , 17.0
pitot_heat = 0, 2 , 17.0
additional_system = 0, 20, 17.0
marker_beacon = 1, 2 , 17.0
gear_warning = 0, 2 , 17.0
fuel_pump = 0, 5 , 17.0
starter1 = 0, 20, 17.0
light_nav = 0, 5 , 17.0
light_beacon = 0, 5 , 17.0
light_landing = 0, 5 , 17.0
light_taxi = 0, 5 , 17.0
light_strobe = 0, 5 , 17.0
light_panel = 0, 5 , 17.0
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[flight_tuning]
cruise_lift_scalar = 1.1
parasite_drag_scalar = 1.8
induced_drag_scalar = 1.0
elevator_effectiveness = 1.1
aileron_effectiveness = 1.0
rudder_effectiveness = 1.0
pitch_stability = 1.5
roll_stability = 0.9
yaw_stability = 1.2
elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.0
aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1.0
rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1.0
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Radios]
// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope
Audio.1 = 1
Com.1 = 1, 0
Com.2 = 1, 0
Nav.1 = 1, 0, 1
Nav.2 = 1, 0, 0
Adf.1 = 1
Transponder.1 = 1
Marker.1 = 1
[keyboard_response]
//Breakpoint speeds (knots) on the keyboard increments of control surfaces.
//Speed at which the incremenet is reduced to 1/2 and 1/8 respectively.
elevator = 150, 250
aileron = 150, 250
rudder = 150, 250
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[gear_warning_system]
gear_warning_available = 0
pct_throttle_limit = 0.1
flap_limit_idle = 30
flap_limit_power = 15

[brakes]
toe_brakes_scale = 0.625
parking_brake = 1
differential_braking_scale = 1.0

[stall_warning]
type = 1

[hydraulic_system]
electric_pumps = 0
engine_map = 1, 0, 0, 0
normal_pressure = 3000

[direction_indicators]
//1 Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro, 3=Electro-Mag Slaved Compass, 4=Slaved to another
//2 Indicator number of slaving indicator if Type = 4
direction_indicator.0=2,0

[attitude_indicators]
//Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro
attitude_indicator.0 = 2

[turn_indicators]
//Type: 0=None, 1=Electric Gyro, 2= Vacuum Gyro
turn_indicator.0=1,1 //Turn AND Bank

[effects]
wake = fx_wake
water = fx_spray
dirt = fx_tchdrt
concrete = fx_sparks
touchdown = fx_tchdwn_s, 1
startup=fx_dsb_heat

[TailHook]
tailhook_length=7
tailhook_position=-16.206, 0.0, 1.031
cable_force_adjust=1.0

I did test fly the Goshawk after the gear adjustment obviously including a landing: Everything's fine!

Haven't managed to shoot a trap for two days now -- man, do I have to practice 😁

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Tailhook you are a gentleman, thank you for the aircraft CFG 😀 as for the traps, when you strap on that aircraft (virtually),you're on your own, isn't it just great ❓ 😳 . But i must admit i do like the challenge of flying heavy metal as well 😀 .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Well that's what's been brewing in my mind for some time now - retrofitting some heavies with tailhooks and Cat switches.

Shooting a trap could be extremely tricky -- just thinking about it is spinning me out 😳 -- BUT.. some carriers have ILS.. I wonder how an 'autoland' feature would affect a possible successful recovery...

I hope none of the *serious* simmers reads this -- I can see several cardiac arrests looming.

They did land and launch a C-130 from a carrier once, maybe that would be a good starting point. Hey, if they can do a C-130 in real life, we should be able to do a C-5 Galaxy in the sim..

..oh the possibilities are endless 🍅

😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

I've been wondering about the ILS on the carriers for a while, but decided not to trust it, anyway it's more fun manually landing on a carrier 😀 , getting it just right must be sweet (not that i'd know ➡➡➡😞 ).

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

This thread is still cool

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

Welshflyer wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

I just added this to make it a bit longer 😀 !

Thought I might help too.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Since the new generation of flight-simmers need help as we all did I think it's appropriate to give this one a bump.

Had a hard time finding it myself 😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

I do like forward thinking 😀 !

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...