Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Horizon simulation software...

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

Just to let anyone UK based know, they've got 50% off all their products at the moment including FSX deluxe at half price if you haven't got that yet. Offer ends on the 24th

Pro Member Trainee
Mark Ashton (marktheimmortal) Trainee

Mine arrived about 1 hour ago. I can't wait to try it. I have the VFR Photographic Scenery and VFR Terrain for FS2004 and what a difference it made! This is supposedly 16 times more detailed!

The 50% deal is great. Got the bundle for 44.99 when it was originally 89.99!!! Always love a good bargain. Smile

Pro Member First Officer

marktheimmortal wrote:

Mine arrived about 1 hour ago. I can't wait to try it. I have the VFR Photographic Scenery and VFR Terrain for FS2004 and what a difference it made! This is supposedly 16 times more detailed!

The 50% deal is great. Got the bundle for 44.99 when it was originally 89.99!!! Always love a good bargain. Smile

Enjoy Smile

There are 2 patches for the Northen volume - make sure you get them from the site ( follow instructions in the forum ) or you will hit problems

(unless they are now issuing the software ready patched) I got mine quite a while ago

Pro Member Trainee
sinebar Trainee

GoodisonBlue wrote:

Just to let anyone UK based know, they've got 50% off all their products at the moment including FSX deluxe at half price if you haven't got that yet. Offer ends on the 24th

What are the system requirements to run VFR?

Pro Member First Officer

sinebar wrote:

GoodisonBlue wrote:

What are the system requirements to run VFR?

You're best off asking that on their forums - they are usually quick to respond and very helpful

From my personal experience, I get far better FPS over vfr scenery because there's no autogen involved

Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee

I'm really looking forward to Flight Simulator 11.right now im stick with FS2004 until flight simulator 11 comes out.

Pro Member Trainee
Mark Ashton (marktheimmortal) Trainee

Cheers for the tip about the patches GoodisonBlue!

I checked the hard disk requirements of all 3 volumes (9 DVDs!!!!) and if you want everything on in full detail it's 35GB per volume! 105GB!!!!!!
I've managed to free up enough but I've had to order a new hard disk so I can reinstall all the games I uninstalled (e.g. IL2 Sturmovik 1946).

The instructions suggest that installing on a different drive (to Windows XP/FSX) will provide better performance. Anybody else experienced this?

Pro Member First Officer

shirke01 wrote:

I'm really looking forward to Flight Simulator 11.right now im stick with FS2004 until flight simulator 11 comes out.

It will be exactly the same on here

FS11 won't work on my 8800 GTX. F***ng Microsoft etc etc

Pro Member First Officer

marktheimmortal wrote:

Cheers for the tip about the patches GoodisonBlue!

I checked the hard disk requirements of all 3 volumes (9 DVDs!!!!) and if you want everything on in full detail it's 35GB per volume! 105GB!!!!!!
I've managed to free up enough but I've had to order a new hard disk so I can reinstall all the games I uninstalled (e.g. IL2 Sturmovik 1946).

The instructions suggest that installing on a different drive (to Windows XP/FSX) will provide better performance. Anybody else experienced this?

I've got my copy on same drive so can't comment

Orderd the other 2 volumes today (only had Northen)

I find you get spoilt when you leave the Uk and fly to another country, the Autogen without the VFR scenery looks worse than ever