Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Installing senery in x

guest Guest

Could someone please leave an in depth listing Of how youíre supposed to manually add add-on scenery in to SIMX. I have repeatedly done exactly what the help screens tell you to do within the program and for the life of me I canít get them to show up.

Would it be ok to create a folder as an example: c:/program files/Microsoft games/Microsoft flight simulatorx/addon scenery/CHICAGO/textures and add the textures there and,,,

c:/program files/Microsoft games/Microsoft flight simulatorx/addon scenery/CHICAGO/scenery and add the scenery there?

Are their additional files that need to go in the root or somewhere else? It also seems every one that designs scenery makes their installation a little bit different.

I tried what I just suggested and when going to those folders within the add on section in the program it shows nothing in the folders.

What am I missing? Any help would really be appreciated.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

guest wrote:

Could someone please leave an in depth listing Of how youíre supposed to manually add add-on scenery in to SIMX. I have repeatedly done exactly what the help screens tell you to do within the program and for the life of me I canít get them to show up.

Would it be ok to create a folder as an example: c:/program files/Microsoft games/Microsoft flight simulatorx/addon scenery/CHICAGO/textures and add the textures there and,,,

c:/program files/Microsoft games/Microsoft flight simulatorx/addon scenery/CHICAGO/scenery and add the scenery there?

Are their additional files that need to go in the root or somewhere else? It also seems every one that designs scenery makes their installation a little bit different.

I tried what I just suggested and when going to those folders within the add on section in the program it shows nothing in the folders.

What am I missing? Any help would really be appreciated.

In the absence of a filename or a link so we could look at the file, we'll have to do a bit of improvising.

Extract the contents of the .zip file to a Temporary folder you created.

Now let's assume the name of the add-on scenery is chicago_airport. Keep on opening the folders until you arrive at the one which must at least contain a 'scenery' and a 'texture' folder - it's possible that there are other files in that folder as well, but you can leave them in there.
Let's further assume that the folder which contains what I mentioned above is called: chicago_airport. This will be the folder as it is that will have to go-->

xxx/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery. That's it. To finish the process, the new scenery has to be activated. Instructions on how to activate scenery in FSX will be included in the readme file or you can look it up in the Help or Learning Center.