Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Around the World with the US Navy!

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

I've noticed a distinct lack of World tours here lately,so i'm going to have a go using US Navy aircraft and hitting as many carriers as i've got! It's taken me a few hours to find the ones that are actually there (because carriers 2006 states about 40 odd, but most of them don't exist so the ones that are there i'll try to get to, but obviously there are going to be a lot of overland flights and land bases and i'll therefore use every aircraft that the US Navy has in its arsenal, combat and transport!
First flight started from the USS Nimitz off the East coast of Australia in an S-3 Viking up to Brisbane.
Right! Lets get comfy and check systems

Power up and extend the wings

And set up on the cat

Salute and brace

Wheels up

Say goodbye to the carrier

On our way

My co-pilot's sulking because i would'nt buy him a beer

Nice view

Starting descent into Brisbane

ATC really need some practice

Exit runway when able

Shut down

Hope you enjoyed see you soon Very Happy

Pro Member First Officer
JP (jpalmer2004) First Officer

Clapping Very Nice!!! Love the water effects...Cockpit view is cool too.......

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

now thats what im talking about!!! Cool

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

now thats what im talking about!!! Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you both! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

The next flight was from Brisbane up to Cairns about 750 miles away!
Early morning start up.

Ready to go.

Rotate.

Climb out.

He's still not speaking to me! Very Happy

Descending

Turning for final

Touchdown Cairns!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Those shots are great, nice job. Clapping Reminds me of the move Flight of the Intruder, even though that aircraft was an A-6.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks CRJCapt, there should be an A-6 along soon! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Thumbs Up! Keep it up Exclamation Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

I've noticed a distinct lack of World tours here lately,so i'm going to have a go using US Navy aircraft and hitting as many carriers as i've got! It's taken me a few hours to find the ones that are actually there (because carriers 2006 states about 40 odd, but most of them don't exist so the ones that are there i'll try to get to, but obviously there are going to be a lot of overland flights and land bases and i'll therefore use every aircraft that the US Navy has in its arsenal, combat and transport!
First flight started from the USS Nimitz off the East coast of Australia in an S-3 Viking up to Brisbane.
Right! Lets get comfy and check systems

Hope you enjoyed see you soon Very Happy

Give a man time to digest this feast for the eyes Welshflyer! Those carrier ones are done to perfection Clapping ...and I like your choice of aircraft. BUT... I bet you can't do that:

Not surprisingly the deck crew looks somewhat perturbed:

We have take off

Positive climb

In case you're wondering about the landing... Embarassed I'm still circling dumping fuel and excessive baggage such as unruly passengers and my first officer who had the audacity to question my procedures.

Sorry about this folks, just tryin' to mess with Welshflyer's head a bit Devil

Back to business.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks Vegasflyer and Tailhook!
Tailhook it worked, you really messed my head up a, 747 on a carrier Shocked .
With the return of the S-3 to the carrier we went on to Darwin in the transport that brought the replacement crew.
At the gate

Taxi out

Final checks and advance the throttles

Climb out

Cruise Alt

On approach

And landing at Darwin

Sorry for the delay i've had some posting issues and had to do this through internet explorer. Sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Sorry for the delay i've had some posting issues and had to do this through internet explorer.

Anyway, it ended up great. Awesome pics Thumbs Up!

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hi Welshflyer -

What can I say that hasnt already been said ???

All of your shots are superb and really bring th eveiwer into the feel of the flight - absolutely brilliant !! Very Happy

I do have one question though - (as always) where did you get your co-pilot from ? and if you continue to have a falling out with him send him my way, I wouldnt care if he didnt talk to me Very Happy

As said - amazing shots and I lookforward to the next installment.

Cheers and safe flying

Pro Member Captain
Steve (SpiderWings) Captain

Welsh.... this is great! I've been fascinated with carrier ops ever since trying to join the Navy after college many years ago. Allergies kept me out. So thanks for treating us to some great shots on board the Nimitz. As always your screenshots are superb!

I appreciate you identifying the aircraft types for me. I'm sad to say that I don't know too many by sight and I want to learn as many as I can. The transport to Darwin looks like the military form of the 737 - nearly but I'm not at all sure.

I think my favorite shot so far is #6 taking off from the Nimitz. I also like the orange Quantas airliner you saw at Cairns. I'm guessing thats add on AI? And then the banking climb out shot from Cairns is real nice also.

Looking forward to this treat to more of your fine work. Clapping

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you Vegasflyer wombat457 and Spiderwings for your kind comments.
Spider the 737 is indeed the the US Navy version and it's classed as the C-40. I wanted to put more information in the post but as i'd tried about 7/8 times to post with no success i was'nt sure if internet explorer would work, but it did. I don't know what the problem is as i can access the site but cannot post in the usual manner, i keep getting an "Error 504 gateway timeout,cannot find flyawaysimulation" message from AOL.
This again has had to go through internet explorer for some reason.
wombat457,the co-pilot actually swivels his head back and forth,a nice little touch,Tailhook you also may be interested in this, the S-3 Viking i found at Simviation yesterday, it's by iris and used to be payware and they have just released it as freeware and comes with quite a few liveries, it really is a nice find!
Spider the orange Australian airlines aircraft is by projectai.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

OK Tailhook, i give up how the hell did you get a 747 off the deck of a carrier? Did you install rcb gauges into the panel? That's the only way i could see it could work! Confused
Ps i'm with your First Officer! Very Happy

Pro Member Captain

When you mentioned that the co-pilot swivels his head, I was reminded by the same effect programmed for both the pilot and passenger/copilot in one of my favorite planes in my download livery. Its the Grumman Widgeon P&W R-985.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Spiderwings i don't know that particular aircraft ( unusual for a planespotter like me) but i'll be sure to check it out! Thank you for the tip!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

wombat457 wrote:

Hi Welshflyer -

What can I say that hasnt already been said ???

All of your shots are superb and really bring th eveiwer into the feel of the flight - absolutely brilliant !! Very Happy
As said - amazing shots and I lookforward to the next installment.
Cheers and safe flying

+1 Thumbs Up!

Thanks for the source of the Viking, you've been reading my mail. I had an old one by K.Ito which doesn't look as good as yours.

...how the hell did you get a 747 off the deck of a carrier? Did you install rcb gauges into the panel? That's the only way i could see it could work!
Ps i'm with your First Officer!

WIMPS!! Both of you Very Happy

I used Posky's 747SP - smaller you know and got rid of most of the fuel and payload. Not sure whether that is actually necessary... because... if you use a carrier with a decent cat Whistle -- you could probably take off in a B-52 if the wings could be manouvered past the tower. Oh, I'm going silly again Wacko -but I will try it with 'Ignore crashes' ticked in the Settings.

Try this carrier Arrow

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=alphasim_cvn-65_puertorico.zip&Author=&CatID=root

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks Tailhook, but if you recall you posted that you did'nt think i made a trap on that very carrier in my old "around the world in ww2 props" Very Happy !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Now i know i said this was going to be with the US Navy, but on reaching Darwin there were no Navy aircraft available to take us up to Subic Bay.
We had to beg a ride with the USAF in an RC-135W (Rivet Joint circa 2006) Sad .
We walked out to the flightline be met by this

Soon we were set up and ready to go

And climbing out

Looking over my left shoulder

It's when we reached our cruise alt of 36,000 that the trouble started, we had an uncontrolable pitch problem ( the nose was going up and down like a rollercoaster) we tried for about an hour to fix the problem to no avail. So we had two choices :-
1- continue like this for another 3 hrs and reach for the sick bags
2-Divert to the nearest airport and get it fixed or transfer to another aircraft.

We decided on option 2
Landing at Pattimura in Indonesia

This is where we await our next transportation.
Thanks for looking Very Happy .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

After the problems with the USAF aircraft a P-3 Orion was tasked to pick us up on its way back from Antarctica after digging up a 100,000 year old UFO (or was it man made,have we been here before and destroyed ourselves?).
Start up

All set

Climbing out (again Very Happy )

On our way to Subic (thank god for the Navy)

Don't really want to look at my co-pilot cos he's a miserable git Sad

Turning for finals to Subic Bay

Nearly there

Arrival at Subic Bay

So it's true when it's been said that Air Force wings are made of lead, and i've been told that Navy wings are made of gold! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Great a/c the Orion Thumbs Up! Nice trip, nice pics Very Happy

Just where about in Indonesia is 'Pattimura'?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks Tailhook! Pattimura is the airport name(WAPP) don't know what particular island it's on though,as i used the map function to find an airfield with a runway long enough to take the RC-135(Don't know what the problem is there,the autopilot wont settle into level flight it just keeps rocking up and down). Confused

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great shots, I'm enjoying the journey.

Pattimura Airport an airport in Ambon, Maluku, Indonesia Arrow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambon

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you CRJCapt for your kind comments and especially for the airport info! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Thanks Tailhook! Pattimura is the airport name(WAPP) don't know what particular island it's on though,as i used the map function to find an airfield with a runway long enough to take the RC-135(Don't know what the problem is there,the autopilot wont settle into level flight it just keeps rocking up and down). Confused

Thanks Welshflyer, found it. I'd typed Pattimura into the 'Airport city' search bar without result. Never occured to me to try the 'Airport name'.
Never been to Ambon in real life - it was part of the Portuguese spice trade empire, hence the catholic presence there. Cloves are still a rich source of income there. What good is that if they don't grow hops?

Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

A country without hops Shocked ! Imagine that, i can't! Drool

Pro Member Captain

I'm partial to the Navy and one of my all time favorite aircraft is the P-3 Orion. And yours is striking to say the least. Any shot with an Orion in it is a great screenie! Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you Spiderwings for your kind comment Very Happy !
After spending a few days on sunny Ambon Island(courtesy of CRJCapt Smile thank you for that) we finally had an aircraft to carry on with the next part of the trip.
A nice A-6E Intruder was waiting on the flightline and of course it was raining.

Lined up and ready to go.

On our way to the USS Carl Vinson just South of Taiwan.

Climb out and gear up.

At cruise altitude.

Descending.

At 2000ft 16 miles out and no sign of the carrier,getting a liiiitle bit nervous

Got it on GPS but no visual yet Confused

At last a visual, but it does'nt make me feel any better, now i have to carry out a controlled crash Shocked !

Too low and too far left but we catch a wire.

Fold wings and park up

Time for a shower and a change of underpants because i can't use these again Very Happy !
Thanks for looking!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Keep it up Exclamation Shots are great and the story even better Exclamation Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks VegasFlyer! Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Great work WelshFlyer, both your slideshow and Ito's A-6 Cheers!

Include Michael Pearson's textures in that - how many did he do of this a/c... a million Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks Tailhook, K Itos' A-6 is the best there is and as you say about a million texture sets to choose from! Umm...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

The plan for the next leg was to leave the Carl Vinson join up with a tanker and fly on to the USS Nimitz that is now off the Korean coast.
Start up

Set up on the cat

Launch and climbout

On route to the Nimitz

At this point we discovered that the tanker had developed a problem and would not be at the rendevous point

We were now fuel critical so had to divert to Chiang Kai Shek Intl (RCTP)

Exiting main runway

The fuel gauges show how close it was

Parked up next to the big boys before planning the rest of the leg

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

It's gettin' tense. Great shots Welsh. Thumbs Up! Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you VegasFlyer it's nice of you to view my little adventure! Very Happy

Pro Member Captain

Those last two legs were terrific Welsh! Since I was rejected as a pilot by the Navy due to medical, I'm quite happy to get a sense of what it would be like to land on a carrier. Its amazing how still shots can convey the sense and excitement of motion - I think because they are still they give us more time to think about that split second and then the next. And then when you took off I had the same feeling of almost being there. Nice roll by the way. The aircraft are beautiful and I tip my hat to the designers and painters.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you Spiderwings, sorry that you missed out on a career as a Naval Aviator that really would have been something special Very Happy ! I too tip my hat to these great designers but there is one slight small problem with this model that you'll see in these screenshots and that is the Nav lights just don't look right(wonder if there's a fix somewhere!).
Next leg was to take us to Shanghai after a bit of persuasion of the Chinese govt to allow a US military aircraft to land and refuel there Shocked !
Start up at Taipai

Cleared for take off

Climb and cruise to Shanghai

Evening starts to fall

Nice sunset Very Happy

Landing at Shanghai

Thanks for looking.Shame about the Nav lights! Sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Yeah, nav lights totally unreal. Confused
Shots are great! I'm releaved because Chinese let the US military aircraft to land. Yes Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks for the kind comments gents!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Next leg was to take us to Shanghai after a bit of persuasion of the Chinese govt to allow a US military aircraft to land and refuel there Shocked !
Start up at Taipai

I'm surprised the Chinese didn't throw you in the slammer Welshflyer. They give you permission to refuel in Shanghai and you brazenly come flying in in your F-14 armed to your teeth?
Ever heard of protocol, diplomacy, tact?? Hit with Chair

Great show, some lovely sky (dusk?) textures Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks Tailhook i forgot to tell em i was armed, i was going to give em a bit of payback for that P-3 thing(i think it was a P-3) a while back and come in under the radar,but the politicians get a bit touchy about these things Very Happy ! Can't see why Shocked .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

P.S Protocol? Diplomacy? Tact? Explain please Very Happy You should hear me in work Censored

Pro Member Trainee
ivan deyahs (mpenziboy) Trainee

just plane awesome dude....are those edited or unedited Very Happy Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

I honestly would'nt have a clue how to edit a shot, i just press the button upload to photobucket and that's it! Thanks for your kind comments though! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Don't know about you but i'm fed up with seeing this F-14 now! Very Happy
Taxi out at Pudong

Holding short

On the way to the USS Nimitz off the Korean coast

Descending toward the Nimitz

Landing checks complete

And catch a wire

Down safe

Shut down

Now that we are safely on the Nimitz we can put the F-14 in the hanger and plan the next leg of the flight.
Thanks again for looking. Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

All right!!!!! Back on the US soil again. Home safe! Great shots! Change of equipment would be nice! F-18 maybe Confused Wink

Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

After a couple of hours sleep and some food we reported to the ready room to plan the next leg of the flight.
Are we late or early?

When we eventually found someone that was actually interested in our journey we were informed there was only a single seat aircraft available and my happy co-pilot would have to join me in Akita (Japan) later!
So i took a loneley walk to a waiting Hornet in the early morning light.

After start up and checks i cautiously made my way to the Cat

Got to go alone sometime

Censored me what a ride

Ok get control you're a pro(Ish)

Level off and try to compose myself(How much does one of these cost?)

Ok control your breathing and set up for finals

I hope i'm all set!

Press everything that says brake and cut throttles!

I'm ok,calm cool and collected i'll just wait for the COD to bring my legs Shocked !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Now we're talking. This F-18 looks much better than your F-14, I think it's the paintjob. Love your commentary - great shots Very Happy

Btw, in the f-14 series - what's that long, striped thing dangling there between the engines Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

A much needed refreshment to the equipment. Wink
Excellent shots and a greta follow up story. Thumbs Up!
Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks for the comments both! Not sure what the stripey thing is, i think somethings falling off! Confused

Pro Member Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Welshflyer wrote:

Start up at Taipai

I'm surprised the Chinese didn't throw you in the slammer Welshflyer. They give you permission to refuel in Shanghai and you brazenly come flying in in your F-14 armed to your teeth?
Ever heard of protocol, diplomacy, tact?? Hit with Chair

Great show, some lovely sky (dusk?) textures Cheers!

Oh boy... another great sim idea for us. TheDiploSimms, or SimDip... perhaps it could be used solve all the world problems! Laughing

Pro Member Captain

Sorry for the back to back posts. I'm behind as always and just had to put in my 2 cents about that comment on the last page.

Now for the screenshots Welsh. Always good and of course those on and around the carrier gets me sitting on the edge of my seat.

On the leg to Shanghai, I really like 3,4,7,8 and fav is probably 13 because of the fine lighting... very nice my friend!

... to the Nimmitz... 4, 5, 7, 8. landing exciting.... fun narrative also.

... to Akita Ready Room is interesting (shot #1 in my count). Also like 3, 4, 7, 9, 11, and 12**

Your trip is helping me relearn the military types by sight again. I've been anxious to get into those I bought and downloaded but am determined to finish my slow trip to South Africa in the Vimy, followed by all the other historic flights. BUT... what if I land somewhere and someone invites me to give this or that a try during my "resting hours". Hmmmmmm.... (I've got to get some stick time on something other than that Vimy!)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you for your very kind comments Spiderwings, in this sim world of ours we seem to fly into any country in any aircraft so i thought i'd better ask for "virtual permission" to land in China (forgot i was armed though) could have had a nasty "virtual international incident" there Very Happy !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

After a considerable rest (and i consider myself duly chastised Very Happy ) it was time for the next leg. This would take us from Akita to Nakashibetsu in the north of Japan.
Start up on a nice sunny day.

Cleared for takeoff and light the fires.

Clmb away to the North.

Cruising past the snowy hills to the West.

On approach.

Line her up.

Touchdown at Nakashibetsu.

Now to plan whether to go East to Hawaii or North and through Siberia and Alaska Confused .
Hopefully won't be too long before i continue Very Happy !
Thanks for looking.

Pro Member Captain

Thank you for sharing. Great shots as always. I really like 4 and 5. Beautiful shots of the aircraft. Its a long haul to Hawaii. What would you fly? I'm looking forward to what direction you decide on.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Spiderwings i decided to go North, as the F-18 had to go back to the Nimitz they supplied us with a Lockheed ES-3A Shadow (CAG Bird). I planned the flight from Nakashibetsu to Yelizovo,but for some reason Atc called it Petropavlovsk so i'll call it that.
Start up

Ready to go

Takeoff and climb out, hang on a minute Christina Aguilera is on MTV Love ........OK i'm back now

The view across the way

Turning between the islands

Finally we make cruise Alt of 30,000ft

Beginning descent into Petropavlovsk

Did i mention Mr Happy was back with me Very Happy

The office view of the descent

Lovely weather

And then not so nice(that's real world weather for you Sad )

I don't like this visibility at all(but if i can't take a joke i should'nt have joined Shocked )

Gear down, lets get on Terra Firma

At last, touchdown

And taxi in

Sorry for so many shots, i did'nt use quite a few, you probably need a toilet break now Very Happy !
Thanks for looking (if you're still awake that is).

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Ps Spiderwings if i'd gone for Hawaii i'd have probably used the P-3 Orion! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Your screenies are just getting better and better Welshflyer Shocked

Makes one wonder what diet you're on Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you Tailhook, my diet mainly consists of yeast ,hops and barley with just a few other ingredients. Cheers!
As we planned the next leg of the flight to Provideniya Bay we recieved some alarming news, due to political wrangling between the independent Russian states they would not allow a US military aircraft to overfly their airspace(makes you wonder what they've got to hide Shocked ). We had no choice but to send the S-3 back to Japan and accept the transportation "kindly" offered to us.All our mobile phones and cameras were taken off us to be returned on landing. Apparently we were going to get a ride with the Ukrainian Air Force Shocked .
As we walked out to the flightline we were met by the incredible sight of a "Bear".

Pretty soon our engineer Yuri had things spooling up

Not long later we were airborne

And climbing away for Siberia

What is it with these miserable co-pilots Very Happy

And flight engineers Very Happy

Starting descent

These hills look too close for comfort Sad

It was at this point on approach that we realised the "runway" was really nothing more than a gravel strip(too late now)

Touchdown

Climb out and enjoy the view, if nothing else.

Thanks for viewing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great shots and what a unique aircraft. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you CRJCapt, glad you're still checking out my adventure Very Happy !

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Still up to the task Welsh. Exclamation Very Happy Great shots, amazing aircraft and a story that keeps me on the edge of my seat all the time. Great job! Thumbs Up!
Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks very much VegasFlyer! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

It seems that our stop off in Provideniya Bay had been planned a long time ago, because just after viewing the mountains after stepping out of the aircraft we were surrounded by lots of nasty looking men with guns Shocked ,and we were to be used as bargaining tools by an extremist group to get their own way. After the demands had been submitted all there was left for us to do was sit back and wait.
It was just about dawn when i heard a distinct whump,whump,whump and dived to the window of the room in which we were being held to see a wonderful sight:-
A seahawk/jayhawk of the US Navy coming into view

And an even better sight to see US Marines rappeling from the aircraft

After the dropping of the Marines the Seahawk retreated to a safe distance

After a few loud bangs,lots of smoke and confusion we were being rapidly forced outside to the Seahawk that was now landing after being recalled to pick us up

It all happened so fast no shots were fired and no lives were lost,but it was time to get out of dodge before it hit the fan

Stay low,stay fast stay alive

We'd wondered where a helicopter had come from this far into Siberia,but unknown to the viewing public a Carrier had been moved into the Bearing Straits, and she was a beautiful sight

Turning for final

In we go

Easy does it

A huge sigh of relief all around

Time for some recovery time after our ordeal before continuing.
For the record there is no download for a carrier in the Bearing Straits i just used a bit of artistic liscence for the storyline (Tom Clancy beware Very Happy )
Thanks for viewing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

OMG -- now he's into the choppers Fear
Don't tell me you actually piloted that thing Welshflyer.
Nice landing -- I see you had no problem catching a wire Whistle

Great shots -- loved the 'Bear' ones too Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

All right Welsh!!!
Great story mate! Shots are perfect! Way to go!
You rock Welshflyer! Punk Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Tailhook and VegasFlyer thank you very much for your kind comments on the last set of screenshots and storyline. I was'nt really sure how it would go down, these World tours can get a bit boring and samey Question (is that a word), and i was just trying to make it a bit more interesting for others,not that there's loads looking(and i know Tailhook, like myself, would be happy just viewing a carrier and a jet just launching and landing Very Happy )but that would'nt be a world tour.
VegasFlyer, your comments are really appreciated and i wholeheartedly thank you for them Very Happy !
Tailhook, i do like to use the chopper now and again Whistle ,and this one really is nice to fly, it goes straight and everything Very Happy !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

After a nice rest we decided to get on with the tour rather than undergo the do-good, political correctness de-brief for ptsd. After a word with the CAG he said the only aircraft available was really a museum piece but was still flyable and we could use it to reach USCG Station Kodiak in Alaska.
Checking systems on the A4 Skyhawk

Setting up on the cat and brace for a kick in the butt

Kodiak bound

As we launch listen to Elvis Presley "Live" singing Johnny b good and Promised Land, does'nt get much better Very Happy

A fast jet, beautiful view, and the King, now we truely are in heaven

Turning for final to USCG Kodiak

On approach

American soil, safe at last Very Happy

Now i can plan the next leg in comfort. Sorry "we", i forgot about Mr Happy Shocked !

Pulp1 Guest

Man these are the greatest shots in the history of the World, I just spent ages looking throught the whole thread!

Amazing mate! Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Pulp1 that's one hell of a compliment, and i thank you very much for it but there are much better screenshots and adventures out there than these(check out Spiderwings recreating historical flights), in fact these shots would'nt have been possible without the help of good natured people like Tailhook, who helped me no end through the whole carrier saga,Greekman72, without whom i would never have learnt to post a screenshot in the first place,Radarman, CRJCapt and many others that kindly took the time to help me when i did'nt have a clue what i was doing.
These people kindly and expertly guided me through the whole process of being an active member of this and other forums,and to them i am eternally grateful.
So your compliment should really go to all of them,and i'm sure they thank you just as i do! Very Happy

Pro Member Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Ps Spiderwings if i'd gone for Hawaii i'd have probably used the P-3 Orion! Very Happy

And... you might have had better weather to land in, but there are no guarantees there either. But hey, maybe CA might be there performing.

Enjoyed these shots... don't worry about doing too many, I like looking at a lot. And also makes me feel less bad about posting as many as I do, and I really do need to be better.

I really liked the picture story of landing in the poor visibility. #14 is my favorite because it makes you feel the anxiety of going down into that and wondering if you are ever going to see the airport. Nice shots as always Welshflyer!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you very much for your kind comments Spiderwings! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! as always

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks VegasFlyer Very Happy .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

The next leg was made in another museum piece (i know how it feels Confused ), this time we'd fly from Kodiak to the USS Stennis that was cruising around Victoria in Canada. This time we'd use the F4-B.
Start up

Raise the gear and climb away

Weather not too good....

Until clearing the cloud and breaking out into brilliant sunshine

Beginning the descent over Canadian shores

The US to Starboard

Approaching the Stennis

And relax

Thanks for looking Very Happy !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Love the Phantom Welshflyer! What a unique design -- mean looking -- I love those Love

Do I need to comment on your shots? THEY ARE ALL GOOD!

I'm just always looking to see which a/c you'll be next pulling out of your hat. Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks Tailhook, the Phantom is one of my favourites too. But this model is a classic example of checking everything before you fly, everything had gone great until i was on approach and preparing for landing (check last but one screenie Very Happy ) gear down/check, tailhook down/oops Shocked no tailhook, so subsequently after slamming down on the deck in the last shot i flew straight off the bow of the carrier,nobody saw that though Very Happy Very Happy so i'll keep it a secret , wha........... ? You mean people are actually reading thi.....! Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great job, the Phantom is one of the most important aircraft in aviation history, I also like it. Great shots and I love the adventure.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you CRJCapt for your kind comments Very Happy !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Tailhook, you mentioned "I'm just always looking to see which a/c you'll be next pulling out of your hat." Well i'll bet you were'nt prepared for this Very Happy , a British aircraft in the US Navy. The next flight would take us all of 29 miles to Victoria International Airport, with a little detour en route.
Climb aboard the Bae Goshawk,which is contracted to the US Navy and US Marines as a trainer and i don't think it really is painted this way though Very Happy (F-18s,are'nt they?) check systems (including tailhook Embarassed ).

Start up and taxi to one of the forward catapults

Blast shield raised

Recheck systems,arm cat, thumbs up and salute

Rapid climb,carrier dropping away

Turn toward Victoria

Cross the shoreline

And descend over the hills toward our unsuspecting audience

Make a low pass over one of the cruise ships in the area

Before executing a fast turn to pass the other

Then push the throttle and go vertical

And go through the loop

Cut throttle

Level out

And just check the road signs and scare a few tourists Very Happy

Approach to Victoria Intl

Down safe

Sorry for so many screenshots but i like pretty colours, and i can tell you now, the next flight is going to pretty boring Yes .
Hope you enjoyed these, thanks for looking Very Happy !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Group Wave

...tell you what Welshflyer, I'm quite dizzy now. Been looking through the loop sequence several times Shocked

What I don't understand is why you didn't try landing on the ship... I mean this time you DID HAVE a tailhook Think

Great show, thanks! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

What a treat!!! I haven't visited the forums for a couple of days and when I finally log in 2 amazing sets of great shots await me. Outstanding job Welshflyer. My favorites are the ones with you cute blue aircraft making a loop over the cruise ships! Love You've done it again Welsh! Keep'em coming Exclamation Very Happy Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks very much for your kind comments Tailhook and VegasFlyer Very Happy !

Pro Member Captain

Great as always Welsh! I appreciate you identifying the aircraft for me. I did recognize the F4 but would have never figured out the Goshawk. Loved the flying you did with it. Bet those on the cruise ship needed to go below decks for some clean underwear!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you Spiderwings, your kind comments are always appreciated (as are everyones). Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Shocked Shocked Shocked Fear Hit with Chair Hack I was going to post the next leg here, i had just started taxi, switched to cockpit view then............black screen, fs9 has encountered a blah blah blah and has had to close. Hope to be back soon! Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Problem sorted (i think)! At the end of the last flight i said the next flight was going to be pretty boring but it turned out to be far from it, and it was'nt planned at all. I don't know if this was included in the panel i installed or from some effects i was kindly sent Very Happy ?
The next leg was from Victoria International Airport in Canada to Miramar in San Diego.
Starting up

Climbing out for Miramar

Level off at 31,000ft

Sit back and enjoy the view

It was just after we started the descent that things went haywire, an alarm bell started sounding in the cockpit with an annoying womans voice repeating "right engine fire" over and over

As we all know FS9 is not up to much on what to do in an emergency like this (neither am i Shocked ). So in front of me on the panel i noticed 2 red and white striped handles (well, one was red and white and the other black and white) so i took it to mean that the one showing red and white was the one to pull, i then shut off the fuel to the right engine, all the while this woman was still talking to me

The aircraft seemed to be handling ok so i carried on with landing procedures, if you look at the gauges just above the throttle quadrant in the next shot you'll see the right hand ones are reading zero after fuel shutoff

After doing all this i checked my approach alignment on the GPS and noticed i was off to the right, i was confused at first then realised i only had the left engine running and it was pushing us off course, so i disengaged the AP and took over manually

As you can see we were way off and had to make some hard turns, i wanted this thing on the ground NOW

Touching down and drifting onto the grass

It took a bit of effort to get the aircraft back onto the runway,shut it down and get everybody off

As i said above, this was not planned in any way and i don't know where this effect came from, i've read the read me file for the panel and there's no mention of it, so your guess is as good as mine, but it certainly made for an interesting experience. Thanks for looking.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

..with an annoying womans voice repeating "right engine fire" over and over..

Ever heard of duct tape Welshflyer?

So in front of me on the panel i noticed 2 red and white striped handles (well, one was red and white and the other black and white) so i took it to mean..

NOT good enough.

..and noticed i was off to the right, i was confused at first then realised i only had the left engine running and it was pushing us off course..

Just NOT good enough. You're now officially sacked!

I do hope you'll go back to school.
In the meantime, please continue taking pictures, they're great! Clapping

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Very Happy Have'nt gone into emergency procedures much, as FS9 is pretty limited in this.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You handled the engine fire like a pro. That's looks like a C-9 Nightingale with a great panel and features. Your screen shots and storyline delight me. I loved your A-4 Skyhawk pictures, I remember going to Blue Angels air shows when they flew the A-4.

Arrow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_C-9

Last edited by CRJCapt on Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you CRJCapt, that's very kind of you but i think it was more luck than judgement Very Happy ! You are correct, it's a C-9B, i can't recall where i found the panel, but i know i had to do a lot of readjusting to the CFG, that's what caused the FS9 crash (before the adjustment that is Smile ).
Thanks for the link some good info there!

Last edited by Welshflyer on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

After the engine fire debacle, i was a bit hesitant of flying again especially with the whole sacking thing Very Happy , but i was encouraged to go on a short test flight of a Seahawk that had just had an engine refit.
Starting up

Following a Seaknight on the taxiway

Waiting as the Seaknight turns onto the active

As it was only a short test flight we followed the Seaknight for a while before returning to Miramar

Trying to keep her in the corner of the windshield

Pull up alongside,say goodbye

And breakaway back to Miramar

To perform a rolling landing on the runway

Taxi past a few Hornets

And shut down next to a few more Seaknights

Confidence back Very Happy , see you soon for the next leg.
PS Happy Easter Big Grin

Pro Member Trainee
Pulp1 Trainee

Amazing Welshie!!

I am stunned by the amount of different aircraft you can fly!

Keep up the great work! Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Fantastic stuff Welsh! Keep the great shots and stories coming! Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks Pulp 1 and VegasFlyer, your kind comments are really appreciated!

Pro Member Captain

Sorry about what will probably cause a back to back reply by me but I just want to comment here about your flight from Victoria to Miramar.

First of all, glad that youi fixed the computer problem.

Second thanks for the fun and exciting story of the fire in the engine. You did great getting it down safely and as always took some fine screenies in the process.

One thing I'm trying to get better at in the hobby is aircraft identification by sight. I'm learning a lot but find the airliner types quite difficult. You often tell what type you will be flying but this time you didn't. But that just made me think of a challenge for me to see if I could find out on my own.

I googled images of Navy Transport Aircraft and was rewarded with quite a treat of pages and pages of aircraft pictures. But I couldn't find one like this. So now I've given up on my challenge and am sorry to have to ask you what military designation this one was as well as the commercial model if you know. Thanks again for the fun viewing and reading.

Pro Member Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

You handled the engine fire like a pro. That's looks like a C-9 Nightingale with a great panel and features. Your screen shots and storyline delight me. I loved your A-4 Skyhawk pictures, I remember going to Blue Angels air shows when they flew the A-4.

Arrow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_C-9

Thanks CRJCapt! I guess its what I get for commenting before reading all the way to the end.

Pulp1 wrote:

Amazing Welshie!!

I am stunned by the amount of different aircraft you can fly!

Keep up the great work! Cool

I very much agree. And I'm always especially impressed by anyone flying choppers. Hey? Are the Seahawk and Seaknight both downloadables from somewhere? I'd like to have at least the Seaknight in my livery.

VegasFlyer wrote:

Fantastic stuff Welsh! Keep the great shots and stories coming! Cheers!

Hear Hear!

You never cease to amaze me with what you come up with! I really liked the shot with Mt. Ranier (I believe) in it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks very much Spider for your kind comments Very Happy ! The Seahawk is the HH-60 US Coast Guard "Jayhawk" model here, http://www.simviation.com/fs2004helicopters10.htm 5th down. I downloaded the "Seahawk" textures elsewhere (as soon as i locate where i'll post it for you). It's the same helicopter just with a different designation for the US Navy. The Seaknight is AI traffic that came with the Miramar scenery at flightsim/ search file libraries/fs2004 scenery, then just type in Miramar and it comes up with just the one choice about an 11mb download. I tried doing a link but i just can't seem to get them to work at flightsim and avsim Sad .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Sorry for the delay, work commitments Sad !
Finally we leave Miramar on a bit of a delivery mission, the USS Stennis is off the coast of Nicaragua helping out with drug interdiction trying to stem the tide coming into the US from South America. As their current aircraft are a bit too expensive to get low and dirty covering ground ops with the DEA, an old but good ground support aircraft has been brought out of mothballs to help.So it was early morning when i strapped into a Douglas A1-H Skyraider for the long flight South.
Starting up

Taxi and hold

Cleared for takeoff

And climb away for Nicaragua

It took a while but finally i reached cruise Alt

After a few refuelling stops on the way the Stennis finally comes into view

Complete landing checks and line up for landing

Catch a wire

Taxi

Retract wings and shutdown

Thanks for looking Smile !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Clapping Clapping Clapping

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Ahh... the Douglas A1-H Skyraider, code name "Sandy" during Vietnam. Often overlooked aircraft that provided ground support during rescue missions. Great looking aircraft and your screen shots reaffirm that I need a new computer.
Great job. Arrow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-1_Skyraider

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks Tailhook and CRJCapt!
The next flight was from the Stennis to the USS John.F.Kennedy off the coast of Florida in an aircraft i've used before but as they've been recently retired it had to be put together from spare parts, that's why various parts are different colours (if you look closely Smile )
Check systems before engine start

Set for launch

Tomcat launched!

Initial climb

Then descending to fly low and fast on a camera run across Nicaragua

These water towers must be a health and safety risk, they really should do something about it

After finishing the camera run over a suspected drug manufacturing plant we made a rapid climb for the flight to the Kennedy

Going through the sound barrier

Turning for final approach

Slightly high

Slam it down

Look at my front gear! I'm actually straight on the centreline, that's gotta be a first Very Happy

Thanks again for looking!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great looking F-14 Tomcat and your screen shots are magnificent. Too bad they retired the F-14, it was an outstanding aircraft. It was featured in one of my favorite movies"Top Gun".
Arrow Need for speed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you CRJCapt, your comments are always appreciated (criticism is welcome as well it's the only way to improve Very Happy ).Top Gun is one of my favourites too, i wonder what they'll do with the new Dambusters ( i posted a little info in the off topic section "movie in production").

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks Tailhook, are'nt you speaking to me Very Happy !

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Another great mission with one of my favotite aircraft. Well done Welsh! Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks VegasFlyer Very Happy !
The next flight would take us to NAS Pensacola in an A-7 Corsair II

But first we would do some simulated bomb runs against HMS Ark Royal that was off the coast

It was just after finishing the bomb runs that i was tasked to investigate some reports of strange weather phenomena in an area regarded as part of the Bermuda Triangle.
The water does look strange with a pulsating light

And some very strange electrical activity in the air around it

Time to leave i think, don't want to be added to the "lost" list

Passing the Ark Royal on the way to Pensacola

Descending over Florida

Arrival at NAS Pensacola (that i can't find any scenery for Sad ) with some tall tales to tell!

Pro Member Captain
vlad (tiger7881) Captain

nice pictures Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks very much tiger7881 Very Happy .

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Glad you didn't get lost in the Bermuda Triangle! Great shots Welsh! Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks VegasFlyer! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Thanks Tailhook, are'nt you speaking to me Very Happy !

Of course I'm speaking to you Welshflyer Very Happy

I'm simply trying to avoid being censored and patronized by this 'Know All', cantankerous old git. If I constrain my expression of appreciation to emoticons then there won't be too much to criticize -- I hope. Cheers!

Last edited by Tailhook on Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Am i missing something? Confused

Pro Member Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Am i missing something? Confused

Me to? I wanna know as much as you care to share... so spill the beans Tailhook.

Welsh.... You know I love seeing the carrier ops as I'm a NavyFlyerWannabe Thanks for sharing....

I loved the Skyraider mission and the story you tell.

The F-14 flight was truly breathless though. I almost feel like you've taken us along for the ride. Very well done.

And the Bermuda Triangle thing was just plain fascinating. Does that effect come with your scenery of do you do some editing?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you very much for your kind comments Spider, the Bermuda Triangle scenery is a little download from here http://www.simviation.com/fs2004scenery66.htm 4th down.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

The next flight was from NAS Pensacola to the USS Dwight.D. Eisenhower just off the Coast of NAS Oceana on the East coast in the BAE Goshawk.

Starting descent

Too low, add some power

That could've been nasty Very Happy

Not much commentary on this just a routine flight.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Clapping Great pics! Clapping

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks Tailhook! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Great as always Welsh! Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Very nice shots of the T-45 Navy trainer. Thumbs Up! You've found some great aircraft.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks VegasFlyer and CRJCapt Very Happy , it's getting increasingly more difficult now to find different aircraft, but there's one coming along soon that i'm sure CRJCapt will like Question .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

This next short flight comes with a little bit of history (my favourite subject Very Happy ), with the fact that this Sikorsky SH3A Sea king No66 aided in the recovery of no less than 5 Apollo missions. The flight was from the USS Dwight.D.Eisenhower to NAS Oceana, Norfolk Virginia with a little stop en route. In all the screenshots i've ever posted (and there have been a few Rolling Eyes ) these are my favourites and i cannot thank Tailhook enough for them because he made them possible Very Happy!
Stand clear on deck Helo66 departing

USS Dwight.D.Eisenhower receding into the distance

En route

It's a wonder i made this flight at all, i can't find the rest of the gauges anywhere, and i downloaded a few Sea Kings trying Shocked

Passing a drilling platform off Norfolk, gas or oil?

Our little stop off comes into view

Flight ops are busy today as a few Sea Knights pass underneath

And there she is the Belleau Wood, what a beauty!

Slowing along the Portside

And settle on deck

Flight ops are "really" busy today

After a short deck landing excercise Helo66 departing (again)

Departing the Belleau Wood

Note the sub in the shot above i tried to get a closer shot but as i approached she dived Sad
On our way to NAS Oceana

NAS Oceana comes into view

Take it nice and easy and bring this priceless piece of history onto the pad nice and gently

Thanks for taking the time to look, but the biggest thank you must go to Tailhook for making these shots possible.
PS CRJCapt i think you might like the next flight if i recall one of your posts at Flyaway a while ago!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great shots of the Sea king, a great aircraft with a long history that stretches from 1961 to the present. It serves with many countries around the world.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

That's one hell of a chopper to fly! A great machine, and you've presented her in the best light possible. Great shots Welsh!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you CRJCapt and VegasFlyer Very Happy .

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

Where too next? Im hooked!
You have master taking screenshots my friend, as well as fiunding quality aircraft and panels for them!
Is this all 2004?
Please keep up the good work!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks very much beerbadger, glad you could drop in Very Happy and yes it's all good old FS2004!

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

Well thats amazing!
What program did you use to get the carriers?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

The main carrier programme is Carriers 2006 at Flightsim, go to search files/fs2004 scenery and type in carriers 2006. There is a lot of info in the "other" section here at Flyaway in the carrier pack thread, any questions just ask Very Happy , be glad to help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

The next leg was just a short flight from NAS Oceana to Andrews AFB in Maryland. They did'nt want me to have this for too long!
Starting up the Northrop T-38A

Cleared for takeoff

Initial climbout

Then a rapid descent to give a salute to the Belleau Wood

Before climbing away to Andrews

Starting descent

Gear down

And touchdown

Thanks for looking see you soon Very Happy .

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Oh yes!, one of my favorite aircraft, I love the T-38. You even have the travel pod attached. Great shots of a wonderful aircraft.Clapping

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Very Happy I thought i recalled that you liked this one CRJCapt!

Pro Member First Officer
BoeingFanatic First Officer

Those are some great shots! I especially like the angles on the shots. Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Very Happy Very Happy Thank you BoeingFanatic nice of you to look in!

Pro Member First Officer
BoeingFanatic First Officer

Your very welcome!

Pro Member Trainee
Pulp1 Trainee

more more more!!!....we want more!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Very Happy Very Happy Thanks Pulp1 more should be along soon.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Great shots Welsh. Can't wait for the next set! Very Happy

Pro Member Captain

Doing my flight posts away from home and on a system where the internet has been coming and going for the past four days has been challenging. Its made me pretty slow but now I'm finally catching up.

Welsh... I love the Goshawk... beautiful aircraft. Beautiful shots of it taking off and climbing out. I like #6 and how realistic the exhaust trail is reaching back.

Sea Kings shots are great as well. Thanks for the history. You've got some fast film there to stop the rotors in mid air like you did. Loved the shots wth the Sea Knights especially #13 with many on deck and more coming in in the distance. Very interesting picture. Cool that you landed in Virginia as thats the state I'm in right now... but closer to DC.. muc closer to your next stop at Andrews which is just 30 miles NW of where I'm sitting right now.... possibly somewhere in picture #8.

Great shots as always. Love the aircraft!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you VegasFlyer and Spiderwings your kind comments are very much appreciated Very Happy .
This next set of shots i'm not too sure about Confused as i'm running out of US Navy aircraft, every now and again i'll have to use a different mode of transport so i don't use them all up and people don't get bored (if you're not already Very Happy ). So with that in mind this next aircraft is military(ish, owned by the USAF, but i believe there are personnel from every arm of the US military on board so i'll class it as part of my tour because US Navy operatives are essential to it's use Very Happy does that make sense? Please correct me if i'm wrong my American friends).
While at Andrews AFB we were wondering how to reach the next carrier of our trip which lies off the East coast of Scotland Shocked , it was while we were pondering this we were overheard by a CDR in the US Navy who was taking a break from his normal duties of carrying the "football" and came up with an unbelievable solution to our problem. Apparently he was headed to Liverpool in the UK(home of the Beatles) with his boss and there were a few spare seats on board, so we jumped at the chance of this opportunity.
So at about 6:30 early in the morning we walked out to the aircraft serial number 28000........

And there she stood in all her glory the ultimate BBJ probably the most famous aircraft in the world , Air Force One...

As soon as the "Boss" arrived the engines spooled up and we taxied to the active runway

No waiting for traffic on this flight,with a roar of those four incredible engines we were away

And climbing out for the UK

Is this the most beautiful aircraft in the world? Probably Very Happy

Somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean

Approaching the West coast of Ireland

Descending over the coast of North Wales

Approaching Liverpool

Checks complete/gear down

Touchdown Liverpool

Taxi in

Shut down, bet Liverpool ain't seen nothing like this Very Happy

Sorry for so many shots but i really like this one Rolling Eyes , thanks for looking.

Pro Member Captain
vlad (tiger7881) Captain

Awesome shots, I like the panel expecialy Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

No comments- Clapping Clapping Clapping

Pro Member Trainee
Pulp1 Trainee

Wow, Air Force One!
Bow Down

Pro Member Trainee
Pulp1 Trainee

Wow, Air Force One!
Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks gents. Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Air Force One, a beautiful aircraft that you've shown well with great screen shots. One of the most recognizable symbols of America, Nice job. Clapping

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Magnificent screenies, a very nice Air Force One model! Well done Welsh. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks CRJCapt and VegasFlyer Very Happy .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

The next stage was to reach RAF Leuchars in Scotland from where we could transfer to the USS Dwight.D.Eisenhower about 100 miles off the coast. So early in the morning we walked out to an aircraft used earlier in the trip but a different livery this time the P3 Orion.

Waiting for clearance

Take off

A short cruise as it's only about 180 miles to our destination

Descending toward RAF Leuchars

Passing the Firth of Forth road and railway bridges

On approach

Touchdown

Now to find a way to the carrier Confused .

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great P-3 Orion, favorite shot is the Takeoff but they're all good.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Orion is a truly remarkable aircraft. Another set of great screenies Welsh. My favorite is the first shot Love

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks very much CRJCapt and VegasFlyer once again for your kind comments Very Happy . If it's ok with you and Tailhook,Spiderwings and others that look in from time to time i'd like to change the title from Around the world with the US Navy to Around the world with the US Navy,USAF and RAF. I still want to hit all the carriers, but i'd like to use some other great aircraft, the reasons being, it's going to get very repetitive if i don't and i don't envisage undergoing another World tour for quite a while and it would be a shame not to use them. I just thought i'd ask permission first Very Happy .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

The next leg would take us 112 miles to the USS Harry.S.Trueman and not the D.D.Eisenhower as reported (Military intelligence Rolling Eyes ).For the this we used an age old RAF Wessex in the lovely Scottish weather.

That it managed to get off the ground suprised me as it took an age for the engine to spool up!

But we got on our way

Our destination finally comes into sight

The USS Harry S Trueman

Nice and easy does it

Here at last

Open the door let me out and on your way,thanks

Thanks for looking.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for your labour - great pics!! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you Tailhook (Labour? not really hard work is it Very Happy ).
The next planned flight was from the USS Harry.S.Trueman to the HMS Ark Royal in the English Channel but did'nt work out quite as planned Confused .
On deck

Open canopy drop ladder and climb aboard

Set up for launch

And shortly, Whooohoo..............!!!!

Cruising South

Descending

On approach

Hit the deck hard and fast

and...BOLTER...BOLTER...BOLTER...

Just could'nt catch a wire on the Ark Royal Sad so with Bingo fuel had to divert to RAF St Athan

Sorry for the repeated aircraft, but now i'm using others there should'nt be too many other than the Carrier legs. Thanks for looking Very Happy .

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

That's a stupendous F/A-18 Hornet! very detailed with full external load and afterburner effects, love the formation lights in some of the shots. This may be your best aircraft/screen shots yet. Great captures of a great aircraft. Clapping Clapping Clapping

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks very much CRJCapt, it really is an excellent model, it's the FA-18E Superhornet by Daisuke Yamamoto (freeware) and comes in a few liveries and configurations.

Pro Member Captain
vlad (tiger7881) Captain

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Clapping Clapping Clapping I love your sunset or early morning pics.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks tiger7881, those last few were at sunset Very Happy .
After the bolter debacle we took a short flight over the Bristol channel to RNAS Yeovilton in Somerset in the Royal Navys' brand new helo the Westland Merlin.
Looks nice Very Happy (a couple of these have crashed though, so i'm a bit nervous Shocked )

Engine start

The magical Merlin gets airborne

Going over the perimiter of St Athan

And out over the Bristol Channel toward Somerset

Coming in to land at Royal Navy Air Station Yeovilton.

See you soon Very Happy .
Nearly forgot, trying out a new water texture set here http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004scen&Name=&FileName=&Author=&DLID=102399&Sort=Name&ScanMode=1&Go=Change+View the author would like feedback so he can improve it. Looks like he's on the trail of FSX water textures for FS9.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Nice looking Helicopter, I noticed the AV8 Harriers on the pad.

Pro Member Captain
vlad (tiger7881) Captain

Yea good work man, nice pics Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks both Very Happy , As i had missed the Ark Royal in the Hornet i was determined to get to her somehow so i "borrowed" a Harrier FA2 for the task.
Start up and taxi to the runway

Cleared to go

Gear up

Turning away from Yeovilton

En route to HMS Ark Royal

Doing a fly by

Before approach

And landing

Thanks for looking.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Your F-18 looks magnificent , I think it's all due to your artistic skills of making great shots. I'm not a big fan of the first chopper you used, forgot the name of it. The last chopper you used looks awesome also, and you made some really nice shots of it. If my math serves me well your Hornet divert is the first you've made on this trip if I count out the ones you made in the far East because of the political reasons. Anyway, great work Welsh as always. I can hardly keep up with you. Thumbs Up! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks VegasFlyer, i'm not a big fan of the Wessex myself (i think that's the one you referred to), but i love the Sea King and the Merlin, especially this particular Sea King with the history behind it Very Happy .

Pro Member Captain
vlad (tiger7881) Captain

I love these shots ! GOOD JOB !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The Governor of California drives one of those... you know him?

Great pics Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Somehow I didn't see the Harrier set. Great water textures and an akward landing strip on the carrier. Those dashed red lines probably represent the English flag if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, marvelous screenies Welsh. Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks tiger7881 and VegasFlyer it's very nice of you to keep looking in,
Tailhook thank you too, is he the one that keeps saying (in an Austrian accent) "quuuiiiick get to the choppaaar, we must kill unlimited villaiiins with unlimited aammmoo......" Very Happy .
This must be getting pretty tedious for you lot now so i'll try to make my flights longer to get it over quicker, but this next one is a short flight Shocked to Farnborough so i can get to a larger aircraft to go further, so back into a Harrier, allbeit a different one, and takeoff from the Ark Royal

So here we are in Hampshire(i think) at the Royal Aircraft Design and Research Establishment awaiting the next leg. Thanks for looking gents.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Nice looking AV8 Harrier, I thought it might be next when I saw it in the background of your previous shots. Looks good.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks CRJCapt, very perceptive of you Very Happy i'll have to start hiding the AI aircraft now to keep suprising people!
VegasFlyer, i had'nt noticed that English flag on the deck, and me a Welshman, deliberate or coincidence, i don't know, i'll have to look into that considering all four nations of the UK served aboard. Nicely spotted!
Oh by the way i was hoping to include a map of my trip so far "but" i ran some cleaning progs the other day such as ccleaner and regfix etc and it cleaned my pc allright.... insofar as my PSP9 paint pallette no longer exists Shocked , work that one out Confused

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Once again a set of brilliant pics Welsh. Great job and don't think about ending this round the world trip soon. Wink I'm gettin kinda hooked to this stuff. Cheers!

Pro Member Captain

Wow Welsh you've been busy and I've been anything but. I'm three pages behind. I might need to start coming here to the high speed more than once a week.

I love the set with AirForce 1 and I agree it might well be the most beautiful a/c in the world. But then I think that about a lot... I just love em all.

As demonstrated straight away by the very next set... the P-3 Orion is one of my very favorite planes. I like the white paint job better than the grey myself though and thats coming from a Navy sorta guy that likes grey pretty well. She's just a beautiful craft and your shots are awesome as ever. I especially like 3 and 4.

Re. changing the title... sorry to be so slow here... thats just fine with me. The more the merrier when it comes to seeing a lot of types of aircraft.

Love that Wessex. One of those used to land across the field from our house near St. Johns, Newfoundland many years ago. Thought it was an awesome chopper then and still do. Love the approach shots.

Running out of words here Welsh. Your descriptions, phrasing, etc, really capture the feel of what it must be like taking off and landing on carriers. I love the shot after missing the wire. Your shots are so crystal clear. Simply amazing. Keep em coming.

Another nice chopper in the Westland Merlin... you are becoming quite an accomplished chopper driver. Again nice shots. Same with the Harrier.

As for me, you are doing fine... no hurry finishing your tour. I'm enjoying it all. Just wish I could keep up with viewing on a more regular basis.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

VegasFlyer and Spiderwings thank you very much once again for your kind comments! As i mentioned before i don't envisage myself doing another world tour for a long time after this one so i'd like to include some of the great aircraft that have been sitting in my hanger doing nothing.But i still intend it to predominantly be a US Navy tour.
Ps Spider there are quite a few nice helicopter models out there now with nice flight characteristics and it would be a shame not to use them Very Happy , i'm far from accomplished on them but practice makes perfect, apparently Very Happy .

Last edited by Welshflyer on Tue May 08, 2007 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
Pulp1 Trainee

Exceptional!, love the Ark Royal where did you get her?

Once the final designs are published I hope someone makes an add on for our two new Super Carriers HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Queen Elizabeth.

Bout time the Royal Navy boosted its naval power.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you Pulp1, i totally agree with you about the Royal Navy, let me just finish this and i'll look where i found the Ark Royal and post a link for you Very Happy .
Things did'nt go to plan (again), the aircraft we were supposed to use next was not at Farnbrough but at Mildenhall, so after an arduous trip around the M25 and other routes we finally arrived there. We eventually walked out to the E-3D Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) that the RAF had eventually purchased from the US after deciding not to upgrade the Nimrod (again) common sense prevailed for once, at 10:30 am.

Perimiter taxi

Set up for takeoff

Rotate

Climb and turn for Rome Fiumencino

Crossing the Alps

Descending for Rome

On approach

Touchdown Rome

Taxi in

Shut down, run down the stairs, pass the sunscreen...where's the beach?

Pro Member Captain
vlad (tiger7881) Captain

AWESOME SHOTS ! I loive this aircraft alot, BTW why you have blue smoke, I have seen this ago long time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks tiger7881, the blue smoke is an in built effect with this aircraft.
Pulp1 the Ark Royal is here http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004scen&DLID=98471 and this is not a bad little addition
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004scen&DLID=100816 but i've always crashed my helos trying to land on the frigates Sad .

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Another awesome set. That's one shinny and clean AWACS. What's up with the Colombian flag on the tail. Not that I have anything aginst it , just curious. Well done Welsh. Thumbs Up! Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Thanks for the link. I still don't get what the flag is for. Dont Know Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

The next flight was from Rome to the USS Ronald Reagan that was just off the coast of Greece in a C-2A Greyhound.
Starting up in the early morning light

Lining up on the Runway

Lifting off

Climbing out

Cruising for Greece

At 2000 before turning for approach

On approach

Catching a wire on the USS Reagan

Parking up

Pro Member Captain
vlad (tiger7881) Captain

Wow this picture, make me so strange its like real life now. I love it, for me I am in the simulator.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Cheers! Great pics!!

You parked near the island to show off its rusty patches, nice touch Very Happy
I feel sorry for the guys below decks in the brig who have to keep blowing
smoke through the holes - terrible punishment Shocked

VegasFlyer wrote:

I still don't get what the flag is for. Dont Know

It's for patriotic purposes Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Thumbs Up! Great shots Welsh. I've never seen that aircraft before. Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Pictures look great, I dig the folding wings of the C-2A Greyhound.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you gentlemen Very Happy it's nice of you to keep looking in!
We've had the flight of the Intruder (read the book and saw the film, the book was better though but" Final Flight "was better, both by Steven Coonts, but i digress Shocked ) so now it's the turn of the Prowler.
The flight for today would take us from the USS Ronald Reagan off the Greek coast to the USS George Washington off the coast of Israel.
Systems and engine start

Set up on one of the cats

Brace and launch

Just reaching cruise Alt

Beginning descent

On approach

And catch a wi..........
Oh no i did'nt, a Bolter

Going around with the USS Washington in the background

Set up again, a bit too fast so a touch of speed-brake is needed

And this time............ Question

Success Very Happy

Fold the wings and taxi to park and shut down

Thanks for taking the time to view.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The Prowler - a wise decision Welshflyer.
At least you got a break from the ramblings of the guy in the right seat.

I bet the pilot(esses?) in the back were relieved when you finally found a wire.
What a life Love

Great pics Very Happy Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great shots of the EA-6B Prowler, they are as good as the F/A 18 shots that I loved so much. The aircraft looks great. Surprised to see the Prowler, normally you just see the A-6 intruder. Good choice. Thumbs Up!
Arrow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA-6B_Prowler

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you Tailhook and CRJCapt for your kind comments, i really like this particular aircraft myself but not as much as the next one Very Happy .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Good evening gentlemen, well it is here (23:54 to be exact Very Happy ). this next flight is from the USS George Washington off Israel to the USS D.D.Eisenhower off the coast of Libya to check what a certain Colonel is up to these days. For some reason i've always loved this aircraft i don't know why but i just think it's very pleasing on the eye ,besides being one of the most important aircraft in any carrier battle group, it being the eyes and ears of the fleet.
Climb aboard the E-2C Hawkeye and start up

Set up and ready for launch

On the way to Libya

The coast of North Africa (Flight1 ground environment does'nt look any different to the default scenery Sad )

Flying along to Shania Twain.........no...no ..sorry i meant AC/DC If You Want Blood You Got It Very Happy

On approach to the USS Dwight.D.Eisenhower

Catch the wire (sorry about the green text bar it's happening straight away lately Sad )

Thanks very much for looking gents.

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

how you got that cd player to come up?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

bawls327 wrote:

how you got that cd player to come up?

Radiocd4.zip at Avsim Very Happy .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You never did manage to spy Muammar al-Qaddafi, though he was right
under your nose in that sand-colored tent... entertaining
Secret I was there Very Happy

Great pics Clapping

Pro Member Trainee
Pulp1 Trainee

Super dooper shots Welshie! Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

lol thats pretty sick man. I going to download that later on today.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks very much gents Very Happy !

Pro Member Captain

Awesome shots as always Welsh. I love the carrier operations more and more with each presentation you make. And you keep finding new aircraft to show us.

I especially enjoyed the shots of Mildenhall and will direct them to the attention of my niece who served there in the USAF as a radar tech for several years.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
Group Wave Group Wave Group Wave Group Wave
Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

How do you get the UFO to fly formation with the aircraft? Laughing Just kidding, that's a great looking Hawkeye and you've taken some nice looking screen shots. The Grumman E-2 Hawkeye is a great aircraft that's often over looked.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you gents for your very kind comments Very Happy . Unfortunataley this tour is now on hold for a week or so due to my purchasing a new pc in the next week or so. As you can imagine it's going to take some time to rebuild FS9 to just where i liked it and set up my ip etc and indeed i may even stray into FSX Shocked , who knows? Thanks to everyone that has posted their very kind comments and hope to see you soon!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

...and hope to see you soon!

And so do we!!! I need my daily fix of Welshflyer's adventures Very Happy
Good luck with your new PC. Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I need my daily fix of Welshflyer's adventures Very Happy

You got that right Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Pro Member Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

I need my daily fix of Welshflyer's adventures Very Happy

You got that right Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

You to Vegas Flyer! Hope to see you soon Welsh. New PC sounds fun.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Sorry for the delay gents but i'm having a nightmare with my new PC Evil or Very Mad . If you're thinking of getting Vista make sure your modem can use it to access the internet (mine can't so i'm switching between PCs to use the net), i've got FSX running but nowhere near as good as my old fs9. And don't get me started on FS9 in Vista Confused , oh it will run ok but many of my payware addons for it (like Flight1 ground environment)Vista will not accept.
I've gone from
Windows xp pro
512 mb ram
2800 processor
60 gb hd
Nvidia 6800 le graphics to

Windows Vista
2gb ram
3200 processor
160gb hd
Nvidia 7600 gt graphics and i'm still using my old pc to flight sim and access the internet Evil or Very Mad . The only good thing is my nice 19" flat wide monitor looks lovely and makes a huge difference(should've just bought that).

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

What's the verdict? Are you abandoning the good old FS9 or are you gonna stay loyal to it? Dont Know Hope to see you very soon back up in the skyes concuring the blue skyes of this secretive world!
Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Hello VF Very Happy , No way am i getting rid of FS9, i'm more likely to stick FSX and Vista in a cupboard get hold of XP again and run FS9 on my new system, at the moment i think it's far superior!

Pro Member Captain

Hope you get it up and running soon. I'm having withdrawal symptoms for not seeing any Welsh screenies! Sound like its been a terribly frustrating experience. I just thank my lucky stars that my system even works almost every time I get on it. Knocking on wood now. Good luck and hope to see you back in action soon. Have you checked the renewal date on your sim pilot's license to make sure it hasn't lapsed? Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you Spider,i've checked my Sim Pilots' license and it's still ok Wink .I'm just testing with these screenshots to see if everything's working, i've still got a long way to go as i've not got any carriers yet.

Seems to be working Very Happy ,now to find those carriers Shocked !

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Mighty fine Albatross you have there. Thumbs Up!
Arrow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_HU-16

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

Mighty fine Albatross you have there. Thumbs Up!
Arrow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_HU-16

CRJCapt it really is a fantastic model that has a lot of addon textures. I found it a couple of days ago at Flightsim.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Welsh is back online Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Group Wave
Very nice test pics! Pretty cool aircraft you got flying there! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks VF Very Happy , at the end of the last bit we were on the USS Dwight.D.Eisenhower off the coast of Libya but as i have'nt got any carriers installed yet we're flying from Tripoli in Libya to Cairo in Egypt.I have'nt got half the stuff i used to have installed so these screenies are a bit bare but i just needed to fly after such a long lay off Very Happy .
Starting up a P2V-7 Neptune

Taxi to the active

And yay Welsh is officially back in the air (allbeit with a bare flightsim)

climb and cruise

Beginning descent

Strange houses around these parts Rolling Eyes

On approach

Touchdown Cairo International

Thanks for bearing with me and for all your support during the whole Vista/FSX debacle gents Very Happy .

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Very nice shots as always! I see you haven't installed any AI traffic yet. Oh well, everything will come into place in a short while! I'm very happy that you've restarted your around the world adventure! Clapping Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks VegasFlyer Smile , i have installed some AI traffic but it's mainly European or American and have'nt have a chance yet to remove the default AI traffic!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Very nice shots and a new aircraft(for me). The P2V-7 Neptune was the predecessor of the P-3 Orion, looks great.

Pro Member Captain

Glad to see... (can't today... slow ole dialup!) .... hear that you are back in the air Welsh! Will check out the screenies in a few days when I get on the high speed I visit. Good news is that in about a week I'm going to have high speed here finally. Can't wait to see your pictures of the Neptune.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you CRJCapt and Spiderwings,
CRJCapt i've been umming and ahhing about whether to purchase the Neptune from Alphasim for months and the same for the B1-B (to show at a later date Very Happy ) but i'm glad i did for they are both really fantastic models.
Spider i'm glad to hear you're getting a better connection as i hope we'll hear/see more of you Very Happy . Sorry i have'nt posted more on your journey but my high speed connection is not so high speed anymore and takes ages to load screenshots, apparently we have a lot of signal degredation in my area and my download speed is not much more than dialup.

belgeode Guest

Newcomer to the site... Welsh YOU are THE MAN!!!!

I started playing FS2004 a couple weeks ago (longtime vet of Falcon 4.0). I have to say these pix are amazing! As a huge fan of Navy planes and helos myself I am extremely impressed.

Make it doubly considering I am AT WORK right now and I read the whole thing from page one to here! (We are slow today... I work for the phone company here in Pittsburgh).

First off I had no idea how to screenshot... I kept pressing printscreen and no dice lol.... I need to figure that out first thing. Then... those scenery files you have ... I MUST have a list of them... and the AI lol. Those carriers are really cool too! I have a ways to go to tweak my FS2004... right now I am just doing city hops in my Cessna in the US. I thought about doing what you have done on these pages... but there is NO way I can follow that act! I am gonna have to sign up on this site so I can tune in to the adventures lol.

I would like to know your secret on the last few stories... the water.... what do you use? I like flying to Jamaica and Florida in game and the water looks like crap. (stupid default crap)

Oh and whatever happened to Smiley the copilot? Did you ditch him in Russia?

Keep up the awesome work sir... consider this page bookmarked!

:::salute:::

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

First off I had no idea how to screenshot... I kept pressing printscreen and no dice lol.... I need to figure that out first thing.

Read this mate. It should help Wink
Arrow https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11288/guide-to-upload-our-pics/

Cheers

Pro Member Captain

Welcome back Welsh! Good to have your fantastic Navy Aircraft back up in the air. Your screenies are still superb even if you don't have everything back up and running yet. Love the Albatross and the Neptune. You keep coming up with great military AC. I think your threads would be an ideal catalog of whats available in this genre. Glad you are back.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks very much for your kind comments gents,sorry for the delay but i've been having a few scenery problems after installing FS Global and Ground Environment (these FS9 Addons really are a bargain now that FSX is out Very Happy ).I hope to have another set soon, belgeode, my happy co-pilot Mr Smiley is very much with me as you will see soon Shocked , the water texture i was using are these http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=102399&CatID=fs2004scen and they are very good but i am now using FS Water and i can't really see much difference except the first is freeware and the second payware Confused (don't know why i bothered). We all started out the same thinking i could never do screenies like that but after reading the excellent stickies here i soon got up to speed and i'm sure we'll be enjoying excellent screenshots from you very soon Very Happy !Don't be afraid to ask if you need any help we will all do our best to help.
Spider, once again thanks for the kind comments, i'm a bit stuck for Navy aircraft at the moment so i might "borrow" one from the Air Force for the next leg.
Thanks again for your kind comments gents.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Sorry for the delay gents but i'm having trouble with the" blurries" in my scenery! Anyway it's a little bit better so time for the next leg of the journey. It was time for the Neptune to go back to the museum and to "borrow" an aircraft from the Air Force, i've "flown" a few quality aircraft in my time but this one really takes the biscuit it really is fantastic in every way and worth every penny i paid for it. So on an early morning in Cairo for our flight to Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean (a British territory but really just a US Airbase Very Happy ) i "walked" out to the Alphasim B1-B Lancer.

Taxi to the runway and set up for takeoff

Final checks complete and light the burners

And climb away

Mr Happy enjoying the view (wonder if he'll ever speak to me again Confused )

Cruising over the Gulf

It was here that my fuel warning light started flashing so i had to make an unscheduled fuel stop at Galcaio in Somalia, a bi of a hairy landing on such a short bumpy field but any landing you walk away from......

After a short refuel stop we were back on our way to Diego Garcia

Our destination comes into view

Touchdown

Taxi in

Sorry for so many shots gents but i took loads and really did'nt know which ones to use. Thanks for looking.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Once again a perfect set of marvelous shots and a great follow up story. The aircraft looks very nice, realistic and is a beutiful aircraft to fly. It seems that your graphics have gotten better. I guess it's the new rig Confused I had a laugh when I saw Mr.Happy aka Smily looking away from you and read your commentry. Also that airstrip if I can even call it one in Somalia looked very akwared and deserted, but you still managed to make a good landing, fill up and get out of there before Somaliis got you. Wink Great job Welsh! Thumbs Up!
Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you VF, i think the better graphics is down to FS Global but it's still going blurry even after editing the FS9 CFG!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Ahhh the lonliness of the long distance flyer, i left Mr Happy behind for this flight because he would'nt fit into the cockpit Very Happy . This flight would take us North to Male in the Maldives in ... i'll let you figure that out Very Happy !
Taxi out

Set up for takeoff

Reach for the sky

Nice view Confused

Dawn beckons

Dawn turns into day

On final to Male

Arrival and shutdown

Thanks for looking.Are these screenies too small or is it my bigger monitor?

Pro Member Captain

Great shots as always Welsh. Love that B1-Bomber... beautiful aircraft. How did you like the F-117A? When I've flown it, it feels very heavy. Loved the dawn shots and the clouds and the cockpit view on final. Very nice!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Very nice shots Welsh! Thumbs Up! I wonder how'd you comunicate with the ATC since ou were invisible to radar? Confused

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

OMG it has tv in it!!!! Awesome! I have always been a fan of the F-117 (well after the Tomcat... my true love)

Question (thrown out to anyone who can answer)...

On my fighters (tomcat for now) I cannot seem to get the HUD working. what am I doing wrong. I thought i extracted everything ok. I have the one by Dino C.

(Sorry to thread Hijack there Welsh... on with the story!! more more!!!)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you for your kind replies gents, Spider the F-117 is a bit heavy as you mentioned but once you get used to it and don't get too slow on approach (been there done that and crashed Embarassed ) it's not too bad.
VF as soon as my gear was extended i was probably lit up like a Christmas tree on radar Very Happy .
belgeode welcome to Flyaway Kick , i don't consider asking questions as a thread hijack we're here to help Very Happy , as i recall (i have'nt re-installed it yet) the switches for the HUD were at the top of the panel just under the HUD display but i can't remember if they were to the right or left, sorry!
Spider i apologise for not posting on your recreating historic flights but my internet connection is experiencing problems ( I could probably travel to your house and see them quicker), as my telephone is not working properly either, i tend to think the problem is linked.
belgeode, if you have a look at page 3 on this thread there is an F-14 panel, just to the left of the bottom of the HUD display is a switch you can just see, i think that's it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks Welsh! I will look for it this evening in my flight. So where ya going next?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I've been gone for about a week so I'm playing catch up with the forum. I see that you've added two great looking aircraft since I was last here. The B-1 looks great, I see that the wing even sweeps. The F-117 looks very detailed. Great job as always with the screen shots. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hey Welsh I am not finding it.... what version of tomcat are you using? Maybe the version i have does not have a HUD.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks CRJCapt glad you're back safe and sound Very Happy , belgeode i just tried to find it at Simviation but can't access the site at the moment, but i know i downloaded a panel for Dinos' F-14 that came with rcbco-20 gauges and a hud.

Pro Member Chief Captain

ok i think THAT is what i am missing then. will search for it... after i finish my cassna flight to albuquerque. lol

Pro Member Captain

No worries Welsh. I understand. I was just lucky that have access to a quick connection once a week. But now I'm still always slow to post as I now find too many fun places to surf, and fun things to download, aircraft and paint programs etc. I start off googling one thing and then go off on a million tangents. Maybe I'll get more organized when the newness wears down a bit.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks for your understanding Spider, i really enjoy viewing your flights and this problem is getting on my nerves now, i'm seriously thinking of ditching AOL and going elsewhere as i'm having this slow loading problem everywhere (so much for broadband silver, what a load of.......).

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hey Welsh justa quick note... thank you! I got the HUD fixed and it is working fine now. Also I got Flight environment and you are right it makes a WORLD of difference... now all I need to do is get a repaint done on my cessna (and my other planes lol), then get a good screenshotting program.

Thanks for all your help on this... where ya flying to next?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Glad you got it all sorted Belgeode Very Happy , funny you should say that! The next flight was from Male to Colombo in Sri Lanka but not in anything as exiting as a stealth aircraft Sad , this time it would be an Embraer 170 of the US Navy.
Starting up

Taxi and turn on the active

Release brakes and advance the throttles

Rotate

Climb and cruise to Sri Lanka

On approach

About to touchdown a bit too soon

Taxi in

Thanks for looking gents (this is dragging on a bit now, don't you think!).

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Wow, this is a surprise to me, I never knew that USNavy has Embraers in their fleet! Shocked Great shots Welsh! I always learn something new abot military aviation from you WF! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah VF they do. they had one parked at Pittsburgh Air Show a few weeks ago. Great flight there Welsh! Looking forward to the next one!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks VegasFlyer and belgeode, it's nice of you to take the time to comment Very Happy ! I was'nt sure if the textures on this were fictional or not but belgeode has answered that for me Very Happy .

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

WOW I havent seen alot of these new screenshots in a while and they look amazing. Superb job bro.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks bawls327 Very Happy , nice of you to stop by!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Good evening gents(well it is here), the next flight was from Colombo to the island of Nicobar an Indian territory between india and Thailand in an aircraft i've used before but a different texture (as it's payware i'm gonna use it again Very Happy ). So we set up on the runway in our old friend the Neptune.

Climbing out (slowly i might add )

FS Global and Ground Environment not looking too bad today (funny how one time it looks OK and yet other times it looks rubbish Confused )

Starting descent

Our destination

On approach (thank god, don't know how much more Cascada i can take Shocked )

Arrival (at last i can smash this Cascada CD to bits Very Happy )

Not many more legs to go now gents! Thanks for sticking with me!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Another funny looking aircraft, but the paint scheme looks very nice! I have a question though. Welsh, why don't you fly any aircrafts from the Royal Navy since you are from UK? Confused Anyway, ground textures look great and you've made a textbook landing, right on the centerline! Great job Thumbs Up! , and don't even think about finishing this tour Exclamation Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

Another funny looking aircraft, but the paint scheme looks very nice! I have a question though. Welsh, why don't you fly any aircrafts from the Royal Navy since you are from UK? Confused Anyway, ground textures look great and you've made a textbook landing, right on the centerline! Great job Thumbs Up! , and don't even think about finishing this tour Exclamation Wink

Check out p11 and p12 for Royal Navy Merlin and Sea Harrier Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

which would you recommend... ground environment or the other one? I got flight environment already which is awesome.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

VegasFlyer wrote:

Check out p11 and p12 for Royal Navy Merlin and Sea Harrier Very Happy

You are right you do fly some British planes from time time and I do remember those great sets! Very Happy Say what you want but Harrier is a 40 year old aircraft with a 21st century technology. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

which would you recommend... ground environment or the other one? I got flight environment already which is awesome.

They are both very good, but it all depends on if you want good looking ground environment or more realistic mountain and ground terrain, or both Very Happy , i picked these up for about $30 for the two, good FS9 products are really coming down in price now that FSX is out.
VF you are correct and the SHAR is in the process of being phased out of service! Sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

I got ground environment because it looks awesome but it didnt work after some microsfot obdc access driver error unknown thing showed up.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Sorry to hear that bawls327 Sad because it's a great addon to have!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

The next flight will take us back to the core of the tour "Carriers" Very Happy . So we leave Car Nicobar Air Base for the USS Abraham Lincoln that is sitting in a nice sheltered bay just off Phuket in Thailand in a Super Etendard of the Argentinian Navy.
Ready to go

On the way

Climbing out

Cruising at 31,000ft

The USS Abraham Lincoln can just be seen in the bay

On approach

Catch a wire (No3 hopefully Very Happy)

Shut down

Now to find something to fly for the next bit Confused !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Got a bit confused there and posted the last lot twice Confused , so if you're looking for them go back a page Very Happy !

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

I don't have a clue what aircraft that is Blush , but it has a really interesting tail paint scheme; Argentinian flag. Great shots, graphics are awesome and keep up the great work WF! Very Happy Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks VF, it's the Dassault Super Etendard that caused a terrible amount of loss of life and damage with it's Excocet missiles against the Royal Navy in the Falklands in 1982!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Thanks VF, it's the Dassault Super Etendard that caused a terrible amount of loss of life and damage with it's Excocet missiles against the Royal Navy in the Falklands in 1982!

That's probably why I never heard about it! Is it stll in use anywhere in the world?

Pro Member Chief Captain

huh huh... huh huh... he said.... Phucket...

lol nice flight there with the Super Entenard... I was surprised to hear ppl still use that warhorse.

oh and I decided I am gonna get ground environment.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks belgeode, good choice with the Ground Environment!
The next flight is from the USS Abraham Lincoln to the USS Harry S Truman off the coast of Pattaya in Thailand in a Douglas Skyray.
Settle in and start up

Ready for the Cat launch

Just been thrown off the deck

Climb and cruise to the USS Truman

On approach

Touchdown

Pro Member Captain

Its always a very enjoyable time looking at your new shots Welsh. Love the Neptune... very colorful. I also really like that Skyray. You have some great shots as usual.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I love those carrier shots... really nice. It is amazing how much like the Vulcan that jet looks... the evolution of american and british planes must have been concurrent at one point.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks Spider, nice to see you're still around Very Happy .
Belgeode i had'nt noticed until you mentioned it but they are remarkably similar, thanks for the comments.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Very nice shots WF as always! Thumbs Up!

P.S. If you run out of ideas for U.S. Navy there is always U.S. Air Force with dozens of bases around the world and a Censored load of aircrafts to fly. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

P.S. If you run out of ideas for U.S. Navy there is always U.S. Air Force with dozens of bases around the world and a Censored load of aircrafts to fly. Wink

Absolutely Very Happy ! My American cousins certainly know how to make airplanes Love

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

VegasFlyer wrote:

Absolutely Very Happy ! My American cousins certainly know how to make airplanes Love

I'm glad to hear that! Cheers!

Pro Member Trainee
AO001 Trainee

Welshy, looking good! Damn you take some good shots!

As a former Sailor, NICE choices!!

Although, I wish we had spent as much time "down under" as these guys have!!! LOL

Had plenty of Pattaya Beach time though! Twisted Evil

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you A0001, i'm sure we've met before Very Happy !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Just wondering if it was something i've said because first Tailhook disappeared Sad and now it seems CRJCapt has done the same Confused . I'd better do a read through and see if i've done something wrong Shocked .

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I'm here, I've just been jumping between two forums and trying to catch up on old posts. Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Very Happy I'm glad to hear it, i was beginning to think it was something i said!

Pro Member Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Very Happy I'm glad to hear it, i was beginning to think it was something i said!

Me to CRJCapt. Good to see you!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Just a short flight this one, from the USS Harry.S.Truman to U-Taphao Int airport in Thailand. For this i borrowed a Cobra off the US Marines.
Before start

Leaving the deck

What happens if i press this? Confused

The Carrier falls behind

Land beckons

On approach

Touchdown, considering all the AI traffic i have there's not a lot going on here Question

Thanks for looking! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

Superb flight there... I could almost hear ride of the valkyries in the background there Welsh...

I dunno what it is about helos... I love them so much but when it comes to flying them they get neglected... I think I have flown my blackhawk more times than my Huey (and I only flown the blackhawk twice.) I guess I just need a weekend of nothing but Helo-ism...

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Ectraordinary shots Welsh!!! I just love that Cobra. Belgeode reminded me do you have any Hueys? If you do, any chance you could soar into the blue skies with that legendery chopper?! Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

Ectraordinary shots Welsh!!! I just love that Cobra. Belgeode reminded me do you have any Hueys? If you do, any chance you could soar into the blue skies with that legendery chopper?! Thumbs Up!

I don't, but i'm gonna get one now Very Happy , it's got to be the most famous helo in the world "EVER", thanks VF and belgeode i've got to go and find one now! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

PS. Don't know how i missed that one! Probably because it's mostly remembered for Vietnam and Army use!
PPS Quite a few years ago now i read a book called "Chickenhawk" by Robert Mason about a huey pilot in Vietnam ,(fact, not fiction), if you come across it , it's well worth a read!

Pro Member Trainee
Chris (chrisjoi) Trainee

I have enjoyed the development of your story so far. Great Job! The helo's are a nice touch. I live near Fort Rucker ... The primary training center for Army Helo pilots and I never get tired of seeing them fly. Thanks for adding them to your journey.

Pro Member Chief Captain

YAY for helos!! Can't wait Welsh! In the mean time I am gonna look at those Cobra pix again lol. I may have to download one. Which version you got?

Pro Member Captain

Very nice as always Welsh. Laughing

Did you push the button? Confused lol

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks for the comments gents! Very Happy
belgeode it's the first one here with the US Marine textures directly below it.
http://www.simviation.com/fs2004helicopters26.htm

Pro Member Chief Captain

Aww man!!! I was looking ALL OVER for that this morning.. Thanks Welsh! I will download after work and give the whirlybird a whirl.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

go to www.hovercontrol.com they`ve got all your helicopter needs Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Youll have to bear with me on this one, to get my hands on a Huey i had to catch a domestic flight to vietnam and fly one there.
So early in the morning i climbed into a Huey at Danang

And started a little flight over the countryside

Around this point something strange happened Confused , it was like being transported back to the war era, there seemed to be a bit of a kerfuffle going on! Very Happy

What the........

The Huey in the environment she is most remembered for

Turning back to Danang

And back toward sanity

On approach

Inches to go

Thanks for looking! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

You rock Welsh! Those are really great shots. Helocopter model is superb and your panel can't be more realistic than it is. Livery is excellent. Really great job Welsh! Thanks alot for using Huey! Thumbs Up! Punk Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

lol im telling you www.hovercontrol.com has anything and everything lol if you really like helicopters check this out...

the top right file is a package and i fly one of them at least once a day authentic sounds and panels. just a perfect file for the heli simmer

Pro Member Chief Captain

Duuuuude I'm having flashbacks!! And I wasn't even alive for most of Nam!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

Yeah, man those are some awesome shots, right there!!! Very Happy

Pro Member Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

belgeode wrote:

Yeah, man those are some awesome shots, right there!!! Very Happy

I was but luckily got to skip the fun due to a nice lottery number between my predraft physical and draft notice. Looking at your shots Welsh, make me glad all over again that I didn't have to see such scenes in real life.

Working for the Park Service and Forest Service, I went to some training on procuring aircraft services and they would show films of helicopter crash survivors, many from Nam, to drive home the importance of wearing the NOMEX gear... sleeves rolled done, gloves, neck buttoned up... sad images of those that didn't. But hey... those were the lucky ones. Very sad period. Your screenies make me think... and thats good. Need to remember.

Plus on a lighter note. You did some awesome work with them. Did you use a combat sim or other software or draw the graphics in yourself?

To quote VF... you do rock Welsh!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you for your kind comments on this gents, it's very kind of you!
Spider i'm glad you did'nt have to go to Vietnam, it was a difficult period for the US and i fear all the brave servicemen that fought over there did'nt get the recognition they deserved.
As for the effects i got them here
http://www.simviation.com/fs2004scenery65.htm the Apocalypse Now scenery for FS 2004, but i did'nt download the Lago FSE to go with it, i just used the effects and flights part!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

my dad was in nam! he flew huey's, not lyin' Wink . i think this is the longest thread, 20 pages Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Cheeks wrote:

my dad was in nam! he flew huey's, not lyin' Wink . i think this is the longest thread, 20 pages Shocked

It is pretty long and it's gonna get much longer. Say hello to your dad and show him these pics. Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

Cheeks wrote:

It is pretty long and it's gonna get much longer. Say hello to your dad and show him these pics. Smile

he was so happy he almost cried Crying or Very sad from the memories though. he says thanx welshflyer Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You've done an outstanding job with your last two sets of screen shots. The Cobra and the Huey are aircraft that stand out in military aviation. Including the effects on the Huey shots was brilliant. Great job. Clapping

Pro Member Chief Captain

Dang Welsh... you got the approval of dads everywhere now. I think this latest episode deserves a standing ovation!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Embarassed Thanks all for your very kind comments!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

After catching a flight back to U-Taphao there was a Grumman Albatross waiting for the next flight to Brunei. This is a bit old and slow and it will be the last of these (slowies), i'll try to make the last couple of legs as painless as possible as it has been posted in another thread somewhere that it's taken months for this tour (and it's true it's dragging on a bit).

Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

That was a nice relaxing trip. Great shots as always Welsh!!! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you VegasFlyer Very Happy !
OK i've decided this is "Final Flight" as this has gone on far too long. So from Brunei we depart to Australia (Mr Happy departed back home in disgust as this was a solo flight Very Happy ). We start in Brunei but end up in Sydney, i stopped in Darwin on the way but did'nt include the shots as i thought there would be too many. So utilising Kirk Olsson's Viper we set off. I'm not sure if the textures are real or fictional but they do have a red star on the tail so they could be a part of the Aggressor squadron (i'm sure CRJCapt will know this Very Happy )
Start up

Taxi out

Line up

Advance the throttles

Climb out

Australia!

Overflying Sydney ITL

On approach

Final Touchdown Very Happy

I put these last two taxi shots in to prove i have Southern Hemisphere AI traffic (well, it shows some! I don't know where the rest has gone Confused )

Thank you to all that took the time to view this tour and post your very kind comments. I'm sorry it dragged on, but when you're enjoying yourself........... Very Happy
Tailhook you can come on back now, by the way where have you gone ? Shocked