Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

cant stand the twinkling

Pro Member Trainee
djcevera Trainee

hello everyone could someone try to explain this.. for some reason it seems as if the terrain is twinkling everything is clearly visable and i have no issues with apperance or performence however when i fly around the images and mostly the trees seem to twinkle. has anyone experienced this and if so could you suggest a fix.. im running real environment pro could this be related? thank you for any assistence ❓

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Can you post a screenshot of this phenomenon?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Start turning down the resolution until it stops.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

ummmm, by the sounds of your description, it sounds as if your mip mapping is set too high. Try lowering it. 😎

Pro Member Trainee
djcevera Trainee

thanks guys i will let you know how i make out i will also post a screen shot however i dont think you will be able to see what is happening with a still shot it only happens when im moving.

Pro Member Trainee
djcevera Trainee

well i was out driving a sander for the highway department all night and i think the constant rattling got to my brain i went out this afternoon and purchased a new graphics card it is a nvidia geforce 7600 gs 512mb and yup it fixed the twinkling and now i can actually play fsx with some sort of happiness.. fram rates are at 7-8 in fsx with high settings and i get solid 20fps with absolutly everything maxed in fs9

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

djcevera wrote:

well i was out driving a sander for the highway department all night and i think the constant rattling got to my brain i went out this afternoon and purchased a new graphics card it is a nvidia geforce 7600 gs 512mb and yup it fixed the twinkling and now i can actually play fsx with some sort of happiness.. fram rates are at 7-8 in fsx with high settings and i get solid 20fps with absolutly everything maxed in fs9

Good for you, this is your pleasure so enjoy it!

Radar