ILS Trouble

Pro Member Trainee
redjay Trainee

Anyone else ever have problems with ILS approaches?

I was approaching JFK last night and turned inbound for the 4L approach when the vertical ILS needle began to move. I lined myself up perfectly with 4L about 7 miles out but the vertical needle was telling me to fly right. I i continued and landed well visually but even 1 mile out the needle still indicated that I was too far left, even though I know I was dead centre. THe needle wasnt just a bit to the right either it was fully across!

I know I was tuned into the correct frequency (110.9 off the top of my head) because the needle began to centre as normal when I was on the intercepting leg and the VOR showed the correct distance from the beacon.

I have noticed this problem at a couple of other airports (Douglas, ISle of Man). I have heard of some of the ILS not being lined up correctly on FS9 but surely not at JFK!?

Anyone any ideas?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Xpilot Guest

Hi there,

Hadn't noticed that problem,I have problem with glideslope,I mean that if I fly visually,with PAPI,have 2 white 2 red lights,when I get closer to runway glideslope usually show that I am too low

Elkin Guest

There are several ILS's that are not alligned with the runways. Some of them are SDF's and LDA's but there is a FS9 bug that has some of them whacked!!!

Pro Member Trainee
redjay Trainee

sorry for my ignorance- SDF's? LDA'S?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

heck its not ignorance, i fly ONLY jets and i have no friggun idea what hes talkin bout

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

heck its not ignorance, i fly ONLY jets and i have no friggun idea what hes talkin bout

The GPS Kid will be so pleased that you are home tonight and not up front of his plane ROFL

A heck of lot of r/ways have this problem,maybe its covered in the upcoming fix Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain

well, enlighten me radarman! 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I think he means:
Localizer Type Directional Aid (LDA)

Simplified Directional Facility (SDF)

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

thank ya!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...