Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

fs2004 aircraft - fsx

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

I need someone to explain to me how to do this. I would like to be able to download 2004 aircraft into fsx but I dont understand it. Here is what it says:

Georges Vinet's FS9 to FSX Migration is a utility that will move FS2004 and earlier aircraft into FSX, while checking them to make sure all necessary components are included. For full details, click on Read More.

FS9toFSx Migration moves previous FS version aircraft to FSX!
Basically, it is designed to process the FS2004 folder. However, it is possible to also select FS2002 and even FS2000.

FSX does not accept .DLL files and gauges from versions prior to FS2000. For FS2000 and FS2002 aircraft FSX will display warning messages: you can just accept them.

This tool analyses aircraft.cfg, .mdl and .air files to find all resources required. For instance, it looks at a .mdl file to extract a list of the textures used and verifies if they exist. It also searches for non standard Windows DLL's.

Sometimes there are a lot of unused textures listed in the visual model file. The migration preset (in file.options) deactivates the logging for this particular category.

nt know how to.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Shouldn't it be George Vincent's?

I can't find anything - would like to read the description in depth myself before I arrive at a verdict Mr. Green

Got a link? Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks bawls, that makes it easier. Next question:

Do you actually have the product?

Arrow http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=1111

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

damn man I didnt think you would have to buy all this stuff just to go from 2004 to fsx. So I am not going to buy it thanks for your help though.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Yeah, I figured that and frankly, I wouldn't have recommended this product to anyone. They just want our money.

When you think about it, what can a 1 MB file do that we can't do manually. Obviously that product doesn't include gauges and this is in most cases the major hurdle. Look at this;

NOTE: Some 3rd party aircraft use sophisticated gauges and DLL. They may require an update in order to function under FSx.

That really says it all. It's a sneaky disclaimer in disguise.

We'll just have to keep on tinkering manually Hack

Very Happy