SearchSearch 

autopilot

boeing 777 Guest

Do you know how in some movies the aircraft turns and goes to the area its supposed to without the pilot doing any thing what do you do for that to happen. What im asking i how do you get the plane to go to the chosen airport without the pilot doing anything except landing and take off

4 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You have to load a flight plan using the Flight Planner so that the GPS will show the course. Then the autopilot in NAV mode will follow the GPS course.

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

Also, you can use the autopilot an alternative way. If you load a IFR flight plan and make contact with ATC throughout the flight, they will tell you which headings and altitudes and all you have to do is put in that information on the autopilot.

Pro Member Trainee
stvndysn Trainee

something i would like to know

some aircraft in fsx dont have autopilot but i want it in all can someone show me how

ps sorry for bunny hopping off the back off this thread

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

stvndysn wrote:

something i would like to know some aircraft in fsx dont have autopilot but i want it in all can someone show me how ps sorry for bunny hopping off the back off this thread

FSX is rather new, not much out for it especially gauges. Here is a site that offers links to a huge number of FS sites that you can search. ➡ http://www.msfsgateway.com/