Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

What to do

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

There are aircrafts on alphasim3.com which have some good looking aircraft. I would like to know if they will have those to download or you will have always pay for them.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

bawls327 wrote:

There are aircrafts on alphasim3.com which have some good looking aircraft. I would like to know if they will have those to download or you will have always pay for them.

They all cost money, try https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/fsx/ it's free.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

AlphaSim Freeware
"The files below are free downloads. These are all older models and as such should not be seen as representative of the quality of the models for which we charge a fee. They do not have a panel and are no longer supported by AlphaSim. All are in a one-shot zipfile format which extracts into the root folder of your sim. They will work in CFS2 or FS2004."

You can try it if you want if you don't want a panel.

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

Yea I like the aircraft they have. Looks awersome. I just dont want to pay for it and it come out for download in a couple months. You guys think I should pay for it? CRJ you paid for an aircraft there right? Were you pleased with with what you got?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

the aircraft look good but I've never purchased an aircraft from AlphSim. I just copied what it said on their website about the free aircraft page, none of which even have panels.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Reading through this thread makes me want to wonder whether the thousands of developers of freeware panels and those of us who download and use them are all idiots.

Besides, a great percentage of the topics started in the FSX Aircraft forum asks the question: "Will such and such an a/c work in FSX?' ... and the answer is always the same: Try it, if it doesn't work, assign a default panel to it.

What on earth is so difficult about learning a few basics especially for those with aspirations of becoming a Moderator and what business do those have in the FSX Forums when they don't even own the sim, let alone have it installed on their system.
Instead of spamming the boards with nonsense, misinformation and bumping up useless, old threads, the concerned would be well advised to remember that many members and guests alike actually rely on the suggestions given here.

Bawls,
some of those free aircraft are pretty dated but I have found some that are better than any other freeware equivalent. They don't supply you with either sound or panel to keep the download/filesize small.
I reckon that's fair and it gives you the freedom to decide for yourself how you want to retrofit your aircraft in the easiest manner, without having to edit any .cfg files.

Go get them Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

bawls327, my advise to you is that if you like the AlphSim aircraft, buy one and give it a try but I would stay away from the freeware aircraft page at least if you are going to put them in FSX. What I meant was "If you don't want a correct panel", who wants a Lear jet panel in a F-4.