ATI Control Center

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

RadarMan!
Do you have some thing called ATI Control Center?
And if yes is it worth some thing? If not see:
http://www.ati.com/products/catalystcontrolcenter/specs.html
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1642413,00.asp
and tell please if you think it is worth to set it up

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Rafi,
The second link you gave has a slide show of the center. I must say I'm impressed by some of the features. Most of them can be found on the old control PANEL but the new ones seem to have graphic capabilities.
When they first announced it I figured that I would wait and listen to the comments, unfortunately there have been very few one way or the other.
One friend of mine loaded it and said the addition of MS.Net slowed his machine down, bad news but not all systems are created equal.
Another loaded the 4.9 drivers and kept his old control panel.
What to do? I would like it especially after seeing it but I hesitate because of the addition of another piece of MS software that can go wrong.
Me, I'll play the waiting game for a while and live with 4.8 drivers until I hear more, what are you planning on doing.

Radar

RadarMan
I just finished to download and install it after I made a backup of my sys. So far (half an our) I could not find any "damage" but form the other hand not many "improvements" except the esthetic side. Defiantly no slow down. I have Norton Performance check and it gives an absolute Pass mark in number. If you will install it let me know because I would like to ask you about the over clock . It is not working in my sys and I don't know why. (9600 xt) I have some thing from Omega and there it is working. In the control panel they simplified some setting and I think it worth to install it

Pro Member First Officer

The above is from me, Rafi

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Umm... Are you using omega drivers with the ATI (new) panel? Nothing wrong with that just curious.
I won't be installing it for a while, I'll still wait and see especially since you said "no appreciable difference".
I thought the temp meter was a nice touch but I have one from Intel that works with P-4 CPU's.
If you have it here is the link, read it over before you use it.

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/active.htm

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Rafi,
Some friends just found this. I'm going to look it over and probably (maybe) try it. I've never use non ATI drivers before, but I know many do.
One of them has it already and is playing Far Cry which is quite graphic intensive. Granted not as bad as FS9 but I can always uninstall it.
Just thought I'd let you know.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=883

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Rafi,
I installed and uninstalled the Omega drivers and went back to my 4.8.
Beside being a pain to uninstall they didn't do anything for FS9.
In fact I felt that the 4.8's gave me better FPS.
I may not know how to configure the Omega properly but I'll stick to the ATI drivers for the ATI card.
Just thought I'd let you know how I did.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

RadarMen
I just uninstalled ATI ControlPanel. When I was going with it to Display ->Setting->Advanced it was rebooting my computer
With all the functions I had on the ATI ControlPanel I did not needed that option but I did not like to have something “wrong”
on the computer. I just installed the Omega 2.5.90. So far it did not improve any thing but there are so many new settings that I have to understand so maybe there will be some positive outcome

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Rafi,
Good luck with it. The control panel was too confusing for a newbie like me.
The biggest problem I found with it was that the sliders had unnumbered hash-marks. Yes you can set them with the drop down but I'm not over-clocking that's what I think the main purpose of those drivers and panel are for.
I'm sure that they are better than the ATI ones but you find hard core gamers going to that site.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...