Descent with FMC.

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

I can do most of the FMC operations on the PMDG 737-600 NG aircraft except the descent. Any help please?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest

Are you using VNAV?

Pro Member First Officer

Please explain me how to use it on descent, and how to control the altitude descent. FMC goes too slow on descent and ATC keeps complaining, and also I don't reach runway on time.

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Mc_GaNgStA wrote:

Please explain me how to use it on descent, and how to control the altitude descent. FMC goes too slow on descent and ATC keeps complaining, and also I don't reach runway on time.

When the plane descends, what is the N1 setting that the A/T maintains, and what is the airspeed indicator doing?

If N1 is at idle, and the airspeed is not decreasing, then you are at your maximum descend rate; the plane can in that case not descend faster because it will exceed the set speed limit.
Unless, of course, you increase drag.

Pro Member First Officer

Okay so I have to modify the N1 limits then? Can you briefly tell me what they should be for a proper descent?

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

lol 😂 excuse me but you had me laughing there.
what you should do is enter your descend at a lower speed, not tweak you engines 😀

just try it out first, start a desced, and watch what n1% is being maitained.

if i am not mistaken, vnav descends should be at idle thrust.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...