Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FSX requirements

Pro Member Trainee
Tim (PilotTim) Trainee

I have an 18 month old HP that at the time was supposed to be tops for gaming and flt sim. I'm finding it practically will not work if I set the definitions on high. It works well on all med. settings but would like to set highter. Without being sold a completely new system, what is best for me to upgrade on my PC - current system:
3500+ AMD Athlon 64 processor / 1G DDR SDRAM / 250 G HD / not sure what video card

Thanks! Tim

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

PilotTim wrote:

I have an 18 month old HP that at the time was supposed to be tops for gaming and flt sim. I'm finding it practically will not work if I set the definitions on high. It works well on all med. settings but would like to set highter. Without being sold a completely new system, what is best for me to upgrade on my PC - current system:
3500+ AMD Athlon 64 processor / 1G DDR SDRAM / 250 G HD / not sure what video card Thanks! Tim

FSX is the most demanding program that I've heard of. My suggestion would be to get a new computer but if not, replace your processor with a AMD 4800, get at least 1 more GB of RAM and get a 512 MB video card. Then you'll have a fighting chance with FSX, just my opinion. 🙂

Last edited by CRJCapt on Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Keep in mind that a year-old computer is pretty much obsolete in the next year. Unless your motherboard is designed to be upgraded, you will have to continue to buy a new computer in about 2 years, tops. I have my motherboard for about a year and a half now, and with the new specs coming out for next year, my computer will become obsolete by September....... and I just got the Dual Core Processor. Mad