SearchSearch 

desperately need Piper Warrior for FSX

guest Guest

i am currently starting flight school and the facility i train at has Piper Warriors. i have FSX Deluxe and would love to be able to simulate a Piper in it as it would be the perfect training aid, keeping me ahead of the game. all of the Pipers from 2004 do not have working gauges in FSX. Please someone update their Warriors for the new flight sim as beautifully as in 2004. my email is scottytissue73@yahoo.com.

13 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

I don't think a warrior has been created yet for FSX seeing as it it is still a fairly new game.

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

I have a Warrior II working on FSX, but the panel is not complete yet.

guest Guest

thanx charlie - can't wait. i check this thread daily, anxiously awaiting. i could be wrong, but as i tried to put previous 2004 Warriors into the airplanes folder, i saw a folder titled PA28-180. was i imagining this? why does this airplane not show on my list? i'm assuming that it is awarded as a side bonus in one of the missions, possibly the midwest fly-in where you can flour bomb a target with the Cub. there is a special reward for hitting this target, and i'm hoping it's the addition of that airplane, but i've been unable to hit this target with numerous attempts. if anyone knows what the reward is, please enlighten me. good luck charlie - thanx for your work, much appreciated by this student pilot.

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

The Cherokee PA28-180 appears to be an AI (artificial inteligent) aircraft.

ah, i see. that would make sense since i've seen one parked at my hometown airport on the sim. what a letdown that it's unflyable. i'd rather have a Warrior anyway.

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

I was working on the Warrior II this morning. I did get my Twin Comanche flying nicely on FSX. I modified some Apache sounds for it. I can't get the Airspeed indicator located correctly in the Warrior.

sorry to hear that, i know recreating realistic airplanes and their panels is painstaking work, and i'm sure FSX has made it even more difficult. being a person of little patience, i have purchased FS9 to fly the freeware versions of Warrior II and III. the trainer at my flight school is a Warrior II, and having flown it, the simulated version is not too far off (except the missing fuel tank selector and a larger-than-average left-banking tendency), but hey i'm not complaining, it's the perfect supplement to my training. the Warrior III sim i have is much easier to fly and has all the nice toys and a complete panel, excellent for doing checklists. these should be enough to hold me over until yours and other FSX versions arrive, so no pressure, take all the time you need to make it pretty. thanx again and good luck!

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

I have the PA28-180 panel working in FSX now. It's nearly the same as the Warrior, but I have one (or more) call(s) to find and change to make it usable in FSX. Although it is my first attempt at a new panel from scratch, I'm working on a Warrior II panel from the Piper manual.

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

You can get a very good piper warrior from the FLYING CLUB X add on, from JUST FLIGHT.
There are 5 aircraft and a helicoper these have exellent panels and flight models.
there website is www.justflight.com

Piper Pilot Guest

I have the Australian Simulation Piper Warrior II and III for FS9, but at this stage it's not fully compatible with FSX.

Good news is, I just stopped by their forums, and there's screenshots of the FSX version showing up. They suggest the FSX version will be released within a couple of weeks.
Even better news for me, is that the update will be free to all existing customers! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

Charlie10 wrote:

I have the PA28-180 panel working in FSX now. It's nearly the same as the Warrior, but I have one (or more) call(s) to find and change to make it usable in FSX. Although it is my first attempt at a new panel from scratch, I'm working on a Warrior II panel from the Piper manual.

hey i would like this plane also when u are done with it so can u give us the link on this forum. thanks. 😀 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

I ran into another snag with some panel software that I am using. And still haven't gotten authorization from the original designer. When it is ready, I will upload it to Fly Away and post it here.

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

ok thanks. 😀 😀