SearchSearch 

Wheres the instruments?

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

I downloaded a few aircraft from this site but non have the instruments showing when you get to the cockpit. They are the ALPHA planes - ALPHA F8F-1 Bearcat etc. Instructions just said to install to the airplanes folder. Apart from that they are wonderful.

Any suggestions? Do they ned to share a common guage set? If so how do i install that?

Thanks

5 Responses

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Mustangpilot, in the aircraft folder there should be a gauges file, open that and copy the gauges to the main FS9 gauges folder, if you are asked if you want to overwrite anything only overwrite older gauges with newer ones!
Hope this helps!

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

The only folders i have are Model, Sound, Panel and Texture. There is a panel.cfg file there with a blank.bmp file both in the panels folder but nothing else.

And sorry but they were downloaded. I'll have a look and see if theres anything on there about it...which is what i should have done 1st!! Embarassed

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

Oh look what i just found on the site...

"The files below are free downloads. These are all older models and as such should not be seen as representative of the quality of the models for which we charge a fee. They do not have a panel and are no longer supported by AlphaSim. All are in a one-shot zipfile format which extracts into the root folder of your sim."

Silly me!!! 😉

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Ahh, that'll be it then! Easy mistake to make though.

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

yep Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

😂