Making a download work

Pro Member Trainee
lxman2000 Trainee

Okay, I downloaded the following aircraft for FSX:

BAE (McDonnell-Douglas)BAe/MDD Harrier GR.7- 1(F) Squadron

It's a Harrier jump-jet.

I followed the readme.txt (as well as I could understand it). I've gotten the plane to show up in my listing of choices. I can control and fly it. But I've got no control panel or gauges. Could somebody point me in the right direction?

From the readme re the gauges:

"Copy the Folders autosmoke and hja_jet contained in the Gauges folder to the Gauges folder of fsX.------ Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges\Gauges
This are Xmail gauges and folders autosmoke and hja_jet
MUST be copied to the final Gauges folder of FSX"

I did this, but as I said, no panel or gauges. Crying or Very sad

Thanks

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Take the contents of the folder and put them into the main folder, not the folders themselves.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

yea I still confused on how to do it. The gauges under the hja jet are like 200 or so. There is alot maybe not 200 but are we supposed to copy all them into the main gauges folder?

Pro Member Trainee
lxman2000 Trainee

No joy there. Any other ideas? 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

lxman2000 wrote:

No joy there. Any other ideas? 😕

I can only understand one person per topic.

You say no luck.

Put the aircraft folder into the main aircraft folder.
Put the contents of the downloaded gauge folder into the main gauge folder and the same with the effects.
Then it should work...if this is made for FSX.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I assumed that you guys downloaded it from here... not so sure however.
If you did get it from here - have you read the comments:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1363/fsx-mcdonnell-douglas-av8b-harrier-gr7-1f-squadron/

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1389/fsx-mcdonnell-douglas-av8b-harrier-gr7-1f-squadron-update/

If you didn't, where did you get it from?

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

I unistalled that one and downloaded a new one from simaviation.com. I downloaded it and got gauges working and everything. Vc looks wierd but dont matter to me. THanks for your help.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...