FS2004 Hardware/Graphics Setup

hcomspam12 Guest

Ok, i want to play FS2004. I have a 2.4GHz Pentium 4, 768MB ram, and a 256MB Geforce 6600 running in AGP 4x. Will this be efficient enough to run FS2004 well? AND Any suggestions on the graphics options??

THANKS

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

hcomspam12 wrote:

Ok, i want to play FS2004. I have a 2.4GHz Pentium 4, 768MB ram, and a 256MB Geforce 6600 running in AGP 4x. Will this be efficient enough to run FS2004 well? AND Any suggestions on the graphics options??

THANKS

I used a computer with lower specs than that for 3 years, go for it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

I have:

2.7GHz Intel processor
1Gig ram (2x 512 paired)
Radion x300 128Mb Graphics card

I'm on Med/High scenery and it just about runs as smooth as a baby's bum!! I flew through a thunder storm in the hills of Scotland last night and it was super smooth. I thought that the clouds would slow everything down but nope...worked a treat.

I usualy fly with simple cloud setting which is just a few scattered clouds and i have the ground/sky blend on too.

Play with the settings and see what you get. It should be fine.

I'm fitting a 7600GS 521Mb card tonight so hopefully i can have everything up full bore and still fly fast jets through the streets of London without a murmur!!!

Good Luck

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

an X300 on high settings, and running smooth?!? Do you have Anti Aliasing enabled?

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

Yep!! It was on Med/High

I now have a 5700GS 512Meg card and it's much better!!

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

nice!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...