Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

running an antivirus

Pro Member Trainee
swiffer88 Trainee

Hello guys,

I was wondering, beacause somebody told me, that using norton antivirus as a protector uses a lot of memory..I was wondering if it is true and if it uses enough memory to say that if it was shutdown there would be a difference in FSX..
Also if it does take a lot of memory is there another antivirus that uses way less and that's good... I've heard about AVG???

thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

swiffer88 wrote:

Hello guys,

I was wondering, beacause somebody told me, that using norton antivirus as a protector uses a lot of memory..I was wondering if it is true and if it uses enough memory to say that if it was shutdown there would be a difference in FSX..
Also if it does take a lot of memory is there another antivirus that uses way less and that's good... I've heard about AVG???

thanks

Norton is a pig (I used it for more than 10 years), simple as that and McAfee isn't much better.
I just switched to Windows OneCare and like it except it likes to download new updates 6 times a day (no that can't be shut off).

AGV and Avast are both good and free, I use Avast on my laptop and understand that AGV is a better AV but has a difficult GUI.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
swiffer88 Trainee

ok then I think i'll try AVG and see what it does for me,
I've been using norton also for a while and many people told me there were a lot of other good antivirus....

thanks