Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Black screen

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

When i call up the knee pad thing (F10) i get this:

Also when i go to the options screen i can not see the aircraft to choose as there is a black screen there too. It's where the planes rotate.

It's not a problem but just a bit annoying. I recently fitted a new7600GD 512Mb DDR2 card and it has only happened after fitting this card.

Also once when i had chosen a flight which included 'winter wonderland' the screen froze.

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

mustangpilot wrote:

When i call up the knee pad thing (F10) i get this:

Also when i go to the options screen i can not see the aircraft to choose as there is a black screen there too. It's where the planes rotate.

It's not a problem but just a bit annoying. I recently fitted a new7600GD 512Mb DDR2 card and it has only happened after fitting this card.

Also once when i had chosen a flight which included 'winter wonderland' the screen froze.

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance

After you fitted your new GFX card -- did you upgrade the drivers?

How much system RAM do you have?

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

Ahhh, no i didn't upgrade the drivers!! I'll do that now.

I have 1Gig of ram. Is that enough?

Ok i have checked in Control Panel/System devices/hardware and found that the new vid card has a big yellow question mark next to it. SO i download the new drivers and run the exe programme..... Nowt!! No change. Still the big question mark.. So i do a manual re-install of the drivers using the wizard and still nothing from either the software or disc that came with the card.

So i don't know if the drivers are installed or what. If not then the card wouldn't work i guess?!?!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

1Gig should be enough. In my old machine I had 1 stick of 256 and 1 stick of 512 RAM, but occassionally experienced similar problems to yours.

I found out that for some reason my RAM was unable to free up during play - hence my conclusion that more RAM would've helped.

My present rig has 2Gigs of brand quality RAM so this isn't an issue any longer.

BTW, generic RAM are a double edged sword. They're cheaper but if your unlucky, they're just bad and not worth the risk.

Hope you're updating the GFX drivers will solve your problem 🤔 😀

Pro Member Trainee
mustangpilot Trainee

Thanks Tailhook

I'll see if i can indeed upgrade the drivers.

Apart from the small problem the new Graphics card is superb. Everything looks cleaner, sharper, brighter and runs better. Great Stuff!