Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Best flying military fighter jet for FS

Pro Member Trainee
sinebar Trainee

So what fighter jets have you flown and which do you think is the best flying. Form me I have flown the F-11 Stealth Fighter, Eurofighter and F-15 Falcon. To me the Eurofighter is the best flying of the other two. It's not quite as fast as the F-15 but it sure handles better. The F-11 is neat and has the best cockpit but is a bit slow and unresponsive. Of course my realism settings are on easy but I think it's all still relative.

Pro Member Trainee
MattJSr Trainee

I'll say 100%, any day of the week...the Super Hornet F18-F is by far the tightest turning, the most powerful I've seen yet. I have not seen anyone come up with this plane for the FSX yet...rest assured, it will come. Hopefully someone who's recently "decommed" will consult with one of these "uber plane makers" and allow us to fly the "non classified" version. The final fittings on the latest model, allow for such tight radius turns, that there is not one other plane in existence that can out turn it < no exaggeration meant.

Who knows, maybe Microsoft will pair up with some of these decommed guys and come up with a Fighter Sim X *next gen*, much like what we're seeing with this commercial version.

Best of luck,
Matt J
Somewhere close to DC.

Pro Member Trainee
ThunderRide Trainee

I just went out and bought Flight Deck 4... I've heard a couple people slam the add-on, but I bought it for the EA-6B Prowler. It's not the prettiest jet in the fleet but I have sentimental ties due to me being assigned to the jet shop in the Navy working on that aircraft. But buying the add-on and trying out the different aircraft, I was really impressed with the F-18 Hornet. Wasn't my favorite aircraft while I served but I think that they did a pretty good job for the add-on, even the afterburners work but the aircraft tends to nose up like a rocket at high power settings. I'm posting screen shots in the screen shots forum as soon as they upload.

Pro Member Trainee
flyingmole Trainee

I like the F-4 Phantom, it is a realy cool looking aircraft. It is fast, turnes good, and will go strate up for days, or till you reach vertical limit in FSX. I installed and frew X9 version, hope some nice programmer will redo for FSX.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

flyingmole wrote:

I like the F-4 Phantom, it is a realy cool looking aircraft. It is fast, turnes good, and will go strate up for days, or till you reach vertical limit in FSX. I installed and frew X9 version, hope some nice programmer will redo for FSX.

Where did you get your F4 Phantom for FSX?

For me, I like flying the C-17, but it doesn't have the VC. Sigh!!!!

Pro Member Trainee
KIMOMARTIN Trainee

I thought the mig-29 was the tightest turning aircraft.but if u insist its the f-18 then alright though its more of an opinion.Anyway my absolute favorite military jets are the all powerful and swift Lockheed F/A-22 Raptor and my favorite the Grumman F-14 Tomcat which will outclaw,outroar,outsmart and outrun the enemy and the mice in which are your favorite jet fighters and will leave your mice to resort to having to scurrie to the protection of they're mouse holes.Knowing if caught would be crushed under the paws of a pilots favorite cat,Grummans F-14 Tomcat.

Pro Member Captain
walesdragon Captain

KIMOMARTIN wrote:

I thought the mig-29 was the tightest turning aircraft.but if u insist its the f-18 then alright though its more of an opinion.Anyway my absolute favorite military jets are the all powerful and swift Lockheed F/A-22 Raptor and my favorite the Grumman F-14 Tomcat which will outclaw,outroar,outsmart and outrun the enemy and the mice in which are your favorite jet fighters and will leave your mice to resort to having to scurrie to the protection of they're mouse holes.Knowing if caught would be crushed under the paws of a pilots favorite cat,Grummans F-14 Tomcat.

Lol, too bad your "favourite cat" Got replaced by the all new F/A-18E/F Super Hornets Lol. Doesn't make your fancy F-14 Look very good now, does it?!

Pro Member Captain
Luke (warlord40) Captain

I think the tomcat played its role well in history, even though there are better jets out there now ,I still love flying this jet, alphasim have done a mock up, I have found it to be very realistic.

Pro Member First Officer
zakk hutton (chez64) First Officer

im liking the f117a at the moment