SearchSearch 

JAGUAIR with a NEW design

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hi Guy's -

I thought that JAGUAIR needed a "face-lift" to try to attract the more "discerning" travellers and this is what resulted 🙂

Now for a request ... I post quite a few re-paints on here because I enjoy doing them and people seem to like seeing them, which is great and very flattering to me - BUT surely I am not the only person doing re-paints, am I ?

I, as well as others, would like to see other peoples work as well, so if you have some re-paints, please post them for all to enjoy 🙂 Thanks and end of commercial

PS: Sorry about the first picture - I have tried 6 times now for Flyaway to accept the proper one (without the simulation paused advert) and it doesnt see to want too despite it being correect on Photobucket.

Cheers and safe flying

9 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Very nice repaint as usual! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hi VegasFlyer -

Thankyou, it was a nice one to do and even I think it turned out pretty good 🙂

Cheers and safe flying

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

It turned out exellent. Too bad real airline companies don't come up with such repaint ideas for their aircraft. Maybe they do actually but it costs too much to paint the aricraft that way. Anyway, good job Wombat 😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Another fantastic repaint, i cant draw a straight line with PSP let alone do a repaint Embarassed !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

wombat457 wrote:

Now for a request ... I post quite a few re-paints on here because I enjoy doing them and people seem to like seeing them, which is great and very flattering to me - BUT surely I am not the only person doing re-paints, am I ?

I, as well as others, would like to see other peoples work as well, so if you have some re-paints, please post them for all to enjoy 🙂 Thanks and end of commercial

I am certain that you are NOT the only person doing re-paints here at Flyaway Wombat, but your's are exceptionally good and thus intimidating.

I mean that. I think you have unknowingly send a few of our resident painters back to school.
If you flip back to the beginnings of this Repaint Forum you see that there were a number of folks interested in learning the trade. Unfortunately the member entrusted with the post of Moderator seemed to have run out of enough spare time to answer all the questions and thus slowly the initial enthusiasm evaporated.

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

" I am certain that you are NOT the only person doing re-paints here at Flyaway Wombat, but your's are exceptionally good and thus intimidating.

I mean that. I think you have unknowingly send a few of our resident painters back to school. "

Hi Tailhook -

I am unsure how to respnd to your comments Tailhook, they are very kind and flattering of course, but leave me wondering some what.

I don't (and didn't) set out to scare other people away or to intimidate anyone, and if some people feel that way then I am truely sorry but they shouldn't. I know how much time goes into these paints and the mere fact that a person has taken that time to do one deserves a great deal of credit in itself.

I don't see this as a "competition or trying to be better than someone else", certainly I want to improve, but first and foremost doing paints should be something that people enjoy doing, no matter how good or not so good what they do is,and we all had to start somw where - there will always be someone better, always.

By the same token, if what I have done has given people the incentive to learn more, or do more or "go back school" then perhaps that may be a good thing. If it helps people to improve their own work or simply give them something to "aim" toward - the incentivive and motivation to improve if they think that what I, or anyone else, does is better or even to start doing paints and see themselves improve as I have done, then perhaps I can be reassured in that.

I can also understand how time consuming answering questions and trying to resolve problems can be. It can become over-whelming for one person, and when people dont get responses they can feel a little dejected and loose interest. I am not sure who the moderator is for this forum or who the person was who generously offered their time and knowledge to help others, but if they are not in a position to continue that task then I can understand why that may happen. If getting people back to doing re-paints and displaying them or seeking advice on something is dependant upon a person being available to answer questions and provide advice then perhaps the administrators could consider asking other people to assist in that role. At the end of the day though - we are all here to help one another if possible and it shouldnt be left up to one or two individuals who have been designated for the task.

When alls said and done though Tailhook - I would just like to see other people display their work too, and for those people who are interested, to seek advice and receive the assistance from those who can help. Simply put - I dont want to be the only one displaying my paints - I feel as though I am monopolising this thread, and that isnt a good thing so far as I am concerned.

I wont stop posting my paints, I would just like to see some others too.

Cheers to all and safe flying

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Wombat, I'm sure nobody thinks you deliberately 'set out to scare other people away or to intimidate anyone'. You're always polite and never get involved in the flaming wars.

It's not you that's intimidating, it's your work. Just like in 'real' life. Regardless of a person's line of work, if one shows extraordinary results to one's peers, many become intimidated, some envious. Those, if they decide to quit, aren't worth to weep over.
But there's always a small group quietly observing and deriving inspiration, and these are the ones who survive, and sooner or later contribute.

Since I've known these forums including my long period as a lurker, I haven't seen textures as good as yours after such an incredibly short time of painting. And none of those self proclaimed repainters were nearly as prolific as you. Some others who read this may disagree with me, but they will have a hell of a hard time proofing me wrong.
You're a star Wombat, a breath of fresh air -- what's wrong with that. 😀

I have over the years downloaded and installed literally hundreds of textures, maybe even more than thousand. I've come to the stage where when I'm looking for textures for my own fleet, I'm drawn to the work of certain repainters just as I avoid others. Those repainters whose textures I download without wondering whether they're gonna look good or not are far less than a dozen in number.
Thanks to your tenaciousness that small group's ranks have increased by one.

I, like many others don't comment on each and every one of your new creations... that doesn't mean we don't appreciate them and I know that everyone who has at least once tried to dabble, is aware of the effort you're putting into your textures.

Keep them coming Wombat 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hello Tailhook -

This time I am honestly am lost for words (thank god I hear them say). So all I can say is thankyou for your support and for your confidence and I will continue to paint and post them.

Thnkyou and cheers

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

wombat457 wrote:

Hello Tailhook -

This time I am honestly am lost for words (thank god I hear them say). So all I can say is thankyou for your support and for your confidence and I will continue to paint and post them.

Thnkyou and cheers

Group Wave 😀