SearchSearch 

autopilot help

Pro Member Trainee
Dorianee Trainee

why is it that everytime i take my jets off of altitude hold the plane jupms to a climb atitude angle of like 60 degrees???.....how can i get the plane to stop doing that????? its very irritating and unrealistic!!

5 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

When you set up your AP alt. holder you have to set up VS (vertcal speed) also. Also make sure that your altimiter is correct too. When above 18.000 ft QNH should be 29.92.

Now, if you are talking about engaging AP right after take off you have to pull up real easy not above 10 degrees and than put your VS to around +3000 for initial climb. Make sure you do not let go of your joystick before you turn on AP and select alt. hold.

Hope it helps a bit. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
Dorianee Trainee

im actually not using a joystick....i use the keyboard......but im still not understanding...what am i doing to cause the jump in atitude and how do i get it so stop

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Dorianee wrote:

im actually not using a joystick....i use the keyboard......but im still not understanding...what am i doing to cause the jump in atitude and how do i get it so stop

I strongly recommend that you buy joystick. It's much more realistic! 😉

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

VegasFlyer is absolutely correct, to get the best out of flight simulator you really should have a joystick(at least, like me 😀 ) or a control yoke and pedals(which is way more expensive,but by far more realistic, , that my wife wont let me buy 😞 ).This way you can control the climb and descent rate as you wish before engaging the autopilot!If you want to use autopilot that is,some aircraft really need to be flown(is that a real word?).

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Dorianee wrote:

I can explain this. When you use keyboard, and when you press 2 on the numpad to pull up, you have to press 8 to push it down. See, when you engage the autopilot, there is no button which will return the yoke or joystick in the flightsim that will move the yoke back to its original position(except when you bank, you press 5 to return it to its original position). When you engage autopilot and turn it off later on, the yoke which is still pulled back will cause the plane to pull up immediately. Check the virtual cockpit to look where the yoke position is.