Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Question

Pro Member Trainee
b3mmredm Trainee

1. Why is it that i was told to get the Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor (2x 2.93 GHz) rather that the Core 2 Quad Extreme Processor (4 x 2.66 GHz) whereas i went on the Intel website and other websites and it performs much more better at games that the Core 2 Extreme?

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

I dont even know where to begin touching this questions... I dont know what it is you are asking?? Of course a quad processor is going to perform better than a dual processor... just like the first generation Duals (Pentium D), there was a better solution a year later in the Core2Duo... they may end up changing they way they thread the Quad cores, you never know...

As for what you are asking? I dont know.... who told you this? And why are you asking it here?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Maybe the site below will help you choose.

Arrow http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=430&model2=695&chart=168

also see:
Arrow http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156027

Last edited by CRJCapt on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
b3mmredm Trainee

RadarMan. Maybe if you overclocked a quad core processor, it would run much better. But what im asking is which one will run FSX better because i want to get everything right before i order my system

Pro Member Trainee
b3mmredm Trainee

It doesnt have the benchmark for FSX

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

b3mmredm wrote:

It doesnt have the benchmark for FSX

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

I hope that everyone sees this......no matter what system you build or what builder you buy them from, you have to tweak FSX to run at the speed you desire and with the graphic resoultion you are looking for.

Last edited by Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) on Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

I had an Alienware ALX when I first bought FSX... I then had to completely upgrade THAT, and was still unhappy. I then had to build my own system to get the performance I get now... If those are measured in FPS, then it makes me feel good to know that the system I have built is blowing those systems away.

Its true, there is NO system on the planet (available to us) that can MAX out FSX and ask for more... Right now, it has all Core2Duo's crying to mommy...

I get 25fps in dense cities with all graphics sliders maxed out, however cannot run Traffic or else I drop to 10... I get 45-50fps in rural areas, hawaii, africa, etc all with an overclocked E6300 1.86ghz. However, 25fps is still horrible performance.. Sure, I can play, and still somewhat enjoy the game, but preffer the super high FPS.

Some will say "who cares about FPS" - Well, I DO! When you see in real life, there are various sources that will say the eye can sense no difference above 40fps, I have even seen some sources state the eye can detect stutters in FPS as high as 90fps!

I want high FPS... bottomline.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

b3mmredm wrote:

RadarMan. Maybe if you overclocked a quad core processor, it would run much better. But what im asking is which one will run FSX better because i want to get everything right before i order my system

Shocked I haven't posted yet and I have a Core2Duo 6700, not a quad.
I think you are talking to CRJCapt.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
b3mmredm Trainee

Oh, sorry RadarMan. But i was wondering which one of the two processors would run FSX better? Dual Extreme or Quad Extreme?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

b3mmredm wrote:

Oh, sorry RadarMan. But i was wondering which one of the two processors would run FSX better? Dual Extreme or Quad Extreme?

Unfortunately FSX doesn't take advantage of either (yet?) as well as not taking advantage of SLI or Crossfire (yet?).
If I were to buy now, I would get the Quad instead of the Duo for other games and apps, they are the future.

Radar

money talks

how much talk have you got?