How to Properly Summon and Use Fuel Truck and Baggage Car in FSX?

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

Just some help here.  I finally started flying big jet planes (as I'm getting my pilot's license, always flew the Cessna) and wanted to refuel. landed at Tampa Int. and went to the gate in my 737. pressed ctrl J and got the jetway to go to me (thanks to the guys that told me). I pressed Shift F and got the fuel truck to me. The only thing is, it just kinda stood near the aircraft. and I have no clue how to get the baggage car to me, though I have never even seen it done. can anyone help me?

Answers 35 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

I can get everything to me without a problem except the fuel truck... I push it and it tells me that I am first in line, but it never shows up...

About the baggage car... You have to push Shift+E then push number 2 to open the cargo doors... The baggage truck and fuel trucks will only approach the aircraft if the engines are off... it they are running/idleing then they will not come... Remember, those are thrust engines!! They work by forcing air out the back through a turbine, then the reaction pushes the aircraft forward! Anything behind the aircraft will be pushed as well, and if the engines were running, will endure thousands of pounds of force...

Now you see why the engines must be off?

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

actually when I first got the game I didnt know how to turn engines off and they still came. Now I know better.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Ive never been able to get the trucks to come with the engine on.

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

thanks

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

how do i call the baggage car though?

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

The baggage car is called automatically when you open the cargo doors.. Shift+E then 2

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

I've never been able to call anything. Once when I managed to call a fuel truck, it never came. Any suggestions on an airport (if possible, a gate number) which has jetways?

Pro Member Trainee
ThunderRide Trainee

Actually, I usually fly my B24 and am in the middle of a very lengthy flight. When I need fuel and land at an airport that has fuel trucks, I push shift+f and am told that I'm first in line, DO NOT shut down my engines and within a few minutes a truck shows up. What I have noticed is that when the truck finally show up, it takes a minute or so because within a few yards of my aircraft the truck starts creeping REALLY slow until I get a separate screen to input my desired fuel load and any changes in weight that I want. I don't know about the cargo because I'm not attaching to a jet way or anything. Oh, and prior to requesting fuel the fuel truck I request taxi to parking/fuel from ATC. But I NEVER shutdown my engines because I always have problems getting them started manually (I get a kick out of starting them manually)

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

i them all to work, with your B24 its a propeller aircraft right? that would mean you dont have all that thrust.

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

Rifro wrote:

i them all to work, with your B24 its a propeller aircraft right? that would mean you dont have all that thrust.

Yeah, but you still have nasty rotating blades in free space, that can ruin your whole day.

What would a B-24 have to do with a baggage car, anyway?

mdaskalos

Pro Member Trainee
ThunderRide Trainee

mdaskalos wrote:

Rifro wrote:

Yeah, but you still have nasty rotating blades in free space, that can ruin your whole day.

What would a B-24 have to do with a baggage car, anyway?

mdaskalos

Absolutely nothing... My comments were in regard to the fuel truck not responding to a request that one might make.

Pro Member Trainee
Ravie Trainee

hmmmmmmmmmm apparently the worlds largest airports don't have fuel trucks available my game is weird lol 😕 😕 😕 😕 😕 😕 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ravie wrote:

hmmmmmmmmmm apparently the worlds largest airports don't have fuel trucks available my game is weird lol 😕 😕 😕 😕 😕 😕 😕

Be sure to activate airport vehicles in the setting window that has, cars, boats and the other moving animation setting slides.
that's the last window on the right (if I remember) of the four settings windows.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

I have those settings, but when I hit SHIFT E then 2, nothing happens, the main cabin door opens, but no cargo door. I'm flying the 737 800.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

jellrod wrote:

I have those settings, but when I hit SHIFT E then 2, nothing happens, the main cabin door opens, but no cargo door. I'm flying the 737 800.

Try 3 or 4 that may open the doors.
Not every aircraft has that built in.

Radar

nbrettoner Guest

ThunderRide wrote:

Actually, I usually fly my B24 and am in the middle of a very lengthy flight. When I need fuel and land at an airport that has fuel trucks, I push shift+f and am told that I'm first in line, DO NOT shut down my engines and within a few minutes a truck shows up. What I have noticed is that when the truck finally show up, it takes a minute or so because within a few yards of my aircraft the truck starts creeping REALLY slow until I get a separate screen to input my desired fuel load and any changes in weight that I want. I don't know about the cargo because I'm not attaching to a jet way or anything. Oh, and prior to requesting fuel the fuel truck I request taxi to parking/fuel from ATC. But I NEVER shutdown my engines because I always have problems getting them started manually (I get a kick out of starting them manually)

Hi ThunderRide,

I'm new here & have FSX.
A Polish B24 I downloaded has panels/gauges missing.
Unfortunately the "shift_3" Nav panel too.
Is there a B24 for FSX, & if not how can I replace the original FS98 panels/gauges, & what with?.

Thanks, 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
ThunderRide Trainee

What I did was went to Best Buy and bought the Wings of Power Aircraft Powerpack. Included in that was not the Polish B-24 but rather the American B-24, as well as B-17, B-29, P-51 and a gaggle of German Prop and jet aircraft from that same era. The add-on was less than $30 and is strongly recommended for a person thats into those type of aircraft by me. All 3D and 2D cockpits are amazing as well as the aircraft textures. All buttons and knobs work flawlessly, and the aircraft are pretty fun to fly. The creater's of the add-on consulted with the manufactur's and flight crews of those aircraft, so as well as getting outstanding quality aircraft that work the way that they are supposed to, you also get the quirkiness of the aircraft for that time. I give WoP 2 thumbs up and 2 big toes up. The only thing that I would change is the ordinance... You can open the bomb bay doors by using the spoiler key combo and the bomb bay doors open, but you can't drop the ordinance that is inside. But on the P-51, you can drop the drop tanks, but they don't explode when they hit the ground. Here are some pics...

Cockpit shot, I can have a better one later tonight

B-24

A better cockpit shot in the B-24

B-24

Hope this helps you out, and if you want more screenshots, let me know

Pro Member Trainee
ThunderRide Trainee
goughey Guest

i press the butten (shift e 2) it don't work man pleas tell meh. ❓ ❗ ❗ ❗ 🍻 Read Whistle Wall Bashing Ass Ass

OneFatDollar Guest

I had the same problem in my 737-800 with the luggage doors. You have to press shift+e then quickly release and press 2. It might take a few tries but as soon as you've pressed shift+e you MUST release then quickly press 2. That should work!! 🙂

Yutube_Raiders Guest

Hi I just landed at Indianapolis Int. And taxied of the runway to the parking area there I called a fuel truck it said I was 1 st customer but it never comes Why?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yutube_Raiders wrote:

Hi I just landed at Indianapolis Int. And taxied of the runway to the parking area there I called a fuel truck it said I was 1 st customer but it never comes Why?

Pull up as close as you can to a gate .
"Call" a truck and wait a while.
Not all airports have this feature, try ksea or klax.

Radar

Foxy the pirate Guest

Just read to find out i only have FS2002 Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Foxy the pirate wrote:

Just read to find out i only have FS2002 Evil or Very Mad

Here are the keyboard commands for FS2002.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3083/fs2002-keyboard-commands/

Radar

Rick G Guest

This appears to be an older post, but now that someone has resurrected it, I will ask my question. Will the Wings of Power work with FSX? When I open the link provided, it said it was for FS 2004. I get a kick out of flying the older aircraft, such as the DC3. I enjoy watching some of the older war movies which had these aircraft and marvel at the pilots who flew them.

Thanks - Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Rick G wrote:

This appears to be an older post, but now that someone has resurrected it, I will ask my question. Will the Wings of Power work with FSX? When I open the link provided, it said it was for FS 2004. I get a kick out of flying the older aircraft, such as the DC3. I enjoy watching some of the older war movies which had these aircraft and marvel at the pilots who flew them.

Thanks - Rick

I believe Wings Of Power 3 will work with FSX.
Contact the manufacturer and be sure.

https://a2asimulations.com

Radar

Hello all,

Have been busy, so haven't been here for a while.

Few years ago I downloaded Francois Dore's Project AIrbus Pack for FSX-sp2 or Acc.

The add-on Aircraft pack containing a318, a319, a320, a321 and a340. All nice and neatly listed in my
Airplane folder. I installed it a year or two ago into my FSX acc. Now that the winter is closing, I've been
testing the airbus pack, and doing some full scale flights. The only trouble I'm having is with the cargo
doors not opening on the A321's.
I have checked the cfg and the PDF, both contain same info and should open in the normal way, but they
don't.

Could it be an issue with the air file, mdl or redirected to an external folder like the intelliscene?
I find it strange that all the other versions work except for the 321's.

I would like a little advice with this. It would be a shame to have to use an additional pack just for 321's
when I already have it nicely installed in one folder.

I have in the past played around with .air files, but time hasn't been good to me. Starting to forget more
and more every time I startup FSX.

Mealone

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

Have been busy, so haven't been here for a while.

Few years ago I downloaded Francois Dore's Project AIrbus Pack for FSX-sp2 or Acc.

The add-on Aircraft pack containing a318, a319, a320, a321 and a340. All nice and neatly listed in my
Airplane folder. I installed it a year or two ago into my FSX acc. Now that the winter is closing, I've been
testing the airbus pack, and doing some full scale flights. The only trouble I'm having is with the cargo
doors not opening on the A321's.
I have checked the cfg and the PDF, both contain same info and should open in the normal way, but they
don't.

Could it be an issue with the air file, mdl or redirected to an external folder like the intelliscene?
I find it strange that all the other versions work except for the 321's.

I would like a little advice with this. It would be a shame to have to use an additional pack just for 321's
when I already have it nicely installed in one folder.

I have in the past played around with .air files, but time hasn't been good to me. Starting to forget more
and more every time I startup FSX.

Mealone

See if this helps.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/29610/fsx-baggage-doors/

Radar

Hi Cap

Long time... sorry for that!

I did in fact check that my kb settings were as I had left them. But, because all seems to be in place, as well as
the list in the cfg. I can't figure out what the problem is or where.

This got me thinking! if it has to do with the .air file or the model... That will be a delicate matter (its been too
long ago) and I don't think I will be able to fix it. (maybe in the long run) unless they excluded doors from it.
So by asking here I was hoping more for a conformation.

As you know I'm NOT new to the FSX, I did search the forums beforehand, but this has me stumped.

I don't like messing around in add on planes or scenery. I'm sure the person(s) who created them know more
than I. I don't mind adjusting the Jetway settings and the Callsign now an then and most proggies from the past
I still have installed, I've just forgotten how to use them.

I was amazed to realize "Its been four years since we last posted each other". How time "flies" hihi
I've missed you though!

btw: The Xplane turned out to be good, demanding, modern, but not for me 😞 FSX ALL THE WAY!!

Mealone

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It has been a while.
Why not email the aircraft designer and see if he has a solution to your problem.
They are a pretty nice bunch and usually try to help out.

Radar

Hi Mike,

Still waiting for reply. And by the looks of things it could be a while before I hear anything back, if ever!

I'm not the only one who hasn't been answered. On a search through the well known forums for answers
quite a few had problems, mailed but no contact.
Some say it could be a FS2004 version or FS9. They react different than FSX.

The package is over four years old, so they might have updated it or brought out a new pay version.

I could check out the steam version......hmm.... No better not, There is nothing wrong with my FSX. It's the
add-on's. I doubt if the Steam version is better than the FSX I've nurtured and tweaked the last 20 odd years.

Oh well, it's nice to be back. 🙂

I think the best bet is to look for an additional package of the A321 and use that! what yah think ?

Mealone

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your right, it could just be the download (it's free).
Try out another, there are plenty around, we must have pages of them.

Radar

Hi Mike,

So to complete this post, for my problem anyway

I checked the Flyaway/downloads and found what I was looking for, can you believe it!! 🙄

That's why I wasn't getting any reply. But I was searching for atleast a week with no response

from anyone, except you of course. I knew somehow, by posting to you I'd get what I came for.

I know, I know, you're glad you could help!! Well you did, Thanks mate!

This is an update of the pack I was looking for... go to downloads here and paste in the search.

FSX Updated Panel For Airbus A321 Special Version V3

Have a nice one!!

Mealone

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You looked a little more and found the right fix.
Good on you, persistence pays off.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

First and foremost, congratulations on making the transition from the familiar Cessna to the grandeur of the 737. It's an exciting jump, and it’s understandable that there are some new features and procedures to get acquainted with.

To address your main question:

1. Fuel Truck Behavior: When you press Shift + F, it does indeed summon the fuel truck to your aircraft in FSX. However, the interaction is mainly aesthetic. To actually refuel your aircraft:

• Open the FSX menu.
  • Navigate to Aircraft.
  • Select Fuel and Payload.
  • Adjust your fuel load accordingly.

2. Baggage Car: The baggage car, much like the fuel truck, can be summoned but it's largely for immersion. In FSX, there isn’t a dedicated key command for it like the jetway or fuel truck. Typically, the baggage car and other ground vehicles will start their animations when you're parked at a gate and shut down. But remember, FSX doesn’t have a built-in feature to interact with the baggage directly. It’s there to enhance the realism of your flight simulation experience.

It's worth noting that the newer platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and X-Plane 12 have enhanced and more detailed ground services, so if ever you decide to venture into them, there's even more immersive content waiting for you.

Finally, don’t hesitate to ask more questions here. It's through queries and community interactions that we all expand our knowledge. Fly safe and enjoy your time in the skies!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...